Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Any interest for starting a SOCOM clan cause the servers are great?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-03, 12:29 PM
ME2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really interested in starting up the DVD SOCOM CLAN again if anyone else is interested.
Please respond here if you're interested, cause the servers are great and I really like playing with a bunch of other fun people. I've got myself and perhaps one other person already to join.
Thanks!
Old 06-03-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

try www.bombdrop.com

Many DVDTalk members are also members of the PS2 leagues run there.
Old 06-03-03, 02:18 PM

i'm down..I average about 6-8 kills a game, not great, but better than when i started..
Old 06-03-03, 02:23 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wasn't there already a DVD Talk clan? Haven't seen much activity with it recently, but I'm pretty sure someone's put forth the idea before.
Old 06-03-03, 02:23 PM
ME2

Thanks I'll look into that. Cool, we'll try to work something out a little later, when we get a few other people. Right now, I try to play in the Central Servers under the name DVDgopack2.
Old 06-03-03, 02:26 PM
ME2

Yeah, there was, but it kind of disbanded when the servers were bad around Christmas and Ghost Recon came out. But the few times we played together it was a lot of fun./
Old 06-03-03, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah we used to have a blast, especially lethal. He killed with that .50
Old 06-03-03, 05:22 PM
ME2

You interested again, Hammer?
Cause I'm really looking to get this together again.
Old 06-03-03, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

nah, put the PS2 in the kids room and sold Socom when I bought an xbox and ghost recon. It was fun while it lasted but when I stopped playing every game had cheaters in it and the servers were very bad. It took some of us all night to get into the clan games if we even could. I remember a few times that the only good servers I could find were in france and I have a very good cable connection.
Old 06-04-03, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I play in a regular game every Wednesday. I have more fun just playing the same group of guys vs going out and playing other people. The cheating is just too bad.

I would suggest trying to get 6 or more people to just play a private game on a regular basis. I think we got bogged down late last year because we couldn't find games against other clans. Maybe it's just me, but I don't care too much if I play against other clans. I have more fun playing the same guys every week. I can't remember if we played on a regular basis or if it was just here and there games. For the game I'm playing now, I found that it's easier to just set one or two days of the week and don't worry too much about who can be there and who can't. If only 4 people show up, you just go try to find a public game with no cheaters (good luck).

If it catches on and everyone wants to set up games with other clans, go for it.

I'm not sure if I need more than 1 night of SOCOM per week, but I'd consider playing in another clan. Maybe we could plan a game of DVD Talkers vs my other group.
Old 06-04-03, 01:47 PM
ME2

Gromit, where do you play, cause I'll play with you guys, if you tell me where. Thanks.
I agree, I like playing with a regular group of guys too, it's more fun and there aren't any cheaters.
Old 06-04-03, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Send me an email and I'll reply with the details.

It's not like it's an exclusive club or anything, but I'm not sure about posting our game and password info where a bunch of people would just jump in. I'm pretty sure the guys I play with would welcome a bunch of new players, but I thought I'd mention it first.

We're playing tonight at 9 eastern, so email me quick.
Old 06-05-03, 02:54 PM
ME2

I wrote under the Socom 2 Details!! thread, that we should just try to meet up whenever we can. I would say, let's try to play Sunday, Monday, and Thursday nights. If anyone else has any other night suggestions please feel free. If you can make it great, if not then that's fine too. And whoever makes it can just play.
I kind of like the Central Servers, but if anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to say.
Old 06-05-03, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm all over it as soon as SOCOM 2 comes out.

Angry J

\ /
__
Old 06-06-03, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah, my old teammates. It brings back the memories. Anyway, if you guys ever wanna play with us, we usually have a =MA= room up in the US WEST server. It's usually a little tough to get into, but you just have to keep trying.