Reload this Page >

Keen Eddie - Series Premiere 6/3/03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-02-03, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts

New show that will premiere on Fox. Looks good to me (I like the cast) - hopefully Fox gives it a chance, but I will not get my hopes up. I am still disappointed that American Embassy didn't get more of a chance last year. At least this can be an alternative to reality tv this summer.

From Fox's website:

Series Premiere
Tuesday, June 3 9pm/8c

"Even in darkness, a keen spirit discovers light." - a fortune cookie

EDDIE ARLETTE (Mark Valley) is a down-on-his-luck New York City police detective. Dumped by his girlfriend and responsible for a drug bust gone bad, Eddie is sent to England with his rambunctious dog Pete to clean up the mess he made during the botched narcotics sting.
From writer/producer J.H. Wyman, British film director Simon West and veteran television executive Warren Littlefield, comes the fast-paced, visually captivating hour KEEN EDDIE. Bursting with an array of kinetic storytelling devices such as jump cuts, split frames, flashbacks and flash-forwards, KEEN EDDIE is the fish out-of-water story of an American cop who is forced to go to London where he gets a chance to find himself - and recapture his lost dignity.

His humorous journey begins when he is forced to cohabit a flat with a sexy woman named FIONA BICKERTON (Sienna Miller). However, hopes of becoming friends -- and possibly more -- are quickly dashed when he realizes that his wry sense of humor and charm are easily matched by her razor-sharp tongue... and that she already has a boyfriend.

During Eddie's first week, he contends with a host of characters and unfortunate circumstances, which ultimately lead him to make a life-changing decision - either continue on this downward trajectory or get up and rediscover the world around him and his place in it.

Determined to make things right, Eddie is aided by seemingly straight-laced detective MONTY PIPPIN (Julian Rhind-Tutt) of Scotland Yard. Their adventure together begins as they navigate London's parties, pubs and nightclubs to track down a British chemist and the mysterious woman who set Eddie up back in New York. With every blunder and mishap, Eddie becomes more determined to capture those who are responsible and, more importantly, to redeem his tarnished reputation.
Perceiving Eddie as a potential asset, Scotland Yard's stern SUPERINTENDENT NATHANIAL JOHNSON (Colin Salmon), who makes no pretense for his unabashed ambition, offers Eddie a full-time position. Johnson disapproves of Eddie's tactics, but will turn a blind eye if it helps advance his own quest for power.

As for Eddie, he's only just scratched the surface in London, and feels that by remaining there, he just might find his true purpose in life.

KEEN EDDIE is produced by Frequency Films, Simon West Productions and The Littlefield Company in association with Paramount Network Television. KEEN EDDIE is executive produced by Wyman, West and Littlefield. J.H. Wyman is creator and writer.

http://www.fox.com/keddie/

Anyone else plan on watching this and giving it a chance?

Last edited by B.A.; 06-02-03 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-02-03, 05:28 PM
mwj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to tape this and at least give it a chance. It looks like it might be interesting. Sienna Miller is quite fetching.

Does anyone know how many episodes were made?

Last edited by mwj; 06-02-03 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-02-03, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This looks like it might be good. I really like Mark Valley, and I think that he could easily pull off a good lead in this series. Hope its good, since I need something to watch over the summer!
Old 06-02-03, 05:35 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
It's gotten good reviews in the couple that I've seen. I'll be checking it out.
Old 06-02-03, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I think it looks ok as well but I still give it only a few months.
Old 06-02-03, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like 'fish out of water' stories as much as the next guy, but by the 3rd episode they usually end up revolving around the guy and his ex- or in this case future-girlfriend. Then it's just another Single Guy episode.
Old 06-02-03, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm going to check it out. It looks funny and if anything, it has the gorgeous British roommate.
Old 06-02-03, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting; we are so starved for TV shows that we are discussing ones that haven't been seen yet. Cool!
Old 06-02-03, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I've only seen one commercial for this and it seems like it could be pretty sweet.

Sweet in a Maximum Bob, M.Y.O.B. (maybe only sweet to me) - way to over the top for regular season programming kinda way.
Old 06-02-03, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maximum Bob was kind of cool too.
Old 06-03-03, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is Will Gluck from Once & Again, yes?
Old 06-03-03, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
I believe he had a recurring role on that show - so you are probably correct.
Old 06-03-03, 03:41 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
I'll be checking it out too.
Old 06-03-03, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Yup.
Old 06-03-03, 09:29 PM

I like this show...just caught it's premiere. I like the jokes and the action. Seems like a great show to carry me through summer and hopefully the rest of the season is as good.
Old 06-03-03, 09:31 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
I thought it was ok. Not too keen on its style though.
Old 06-03-03, 09:47 PM

That was Alexei Sayle from the Young Ones as the actor wasn't it??
Old 06-03-03, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Pretty good show, imo. It was funny and I really liked the cast, particulary the lead - Mark Valley. The style didn't bother me too much, as long as a show is good I don't mind if it is as polished as other tv shows. Keep your fingers crossed that it will last through the summer.
Old 06-03-03, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does Sienna Miller remind anyone else of that chick from Thieves (Melissa George)?
Old 06-03-03, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not a bad episode for summer watching; but it is a little hard to believe that Scotland Yard would be able to offer him a job. Doesn't he need a work visa and are policemen even eligible to get sponsored? But I guess none of these concerns have a place on television. Bring back ARCTU.
Old 06-04-03, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was good. It might have even had a chance as a mid-season replacement.

I didn't care too much for the flashy backwards thing. It's kinda of overdone and too slick, but it wasn't unbearable. The lead character was very charasmatic and enjoyable to watch. Since I doubt there's anything better to watch, I'll watch for as long as FOX keeps it on.
Old 06-04-03, 12:35 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
I thought it was good. I'll keep watching as long as it lasts.
Old 06-04-03, 07:53 AM

I thought it was great! I've been looking forward to this for a while. It sort of reminds me of a cross between Lucky and Fastlane, although I loathe making comparisons like that. Plus, the music was great, put together by Daniel Ash [of Love and Rockets fame] and the woman who did music for Trainspotting. Yes, that did appear to be Alexei Sayle and he doesn't appear to have aged at all.

In any case, great summer fare, far beyond what we usually get stuck with. I'd love to see this get picked up as a mid-season replacement this year!

Old 06-04-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is Alexei Sayle the one that had the song "Didn't You Kill My Brother?" And yes, he was in the Young Ones...
Old 06-04-03, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by freedexter
I didn't care too much for the flashy backwards thing. It's kinda of overdone and too slick, but it wasn't unbearable.
I thought it was pretty close to unbearable though. That's all Simon West, the directing genius who brought us CON AIR, THE GENERAL'S DAUGHTER, and TOMB RAIDER. What I kept thinking while watching it was, "It seems okay, but stop overdoing it!" -- and the "overdoing" is all that overstyled directing crap. It kind of reminded me of the pilot for Buddy Faro actually -- decent cast, fun, some potential but not great, but too many of those overdone directing choices. I never saw any more Buddy Faro, and probably won't see any more Keen Eddie. Too bad, I liked Mark Valley on Once & Again.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.