Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Emilio Estevez is finally making a big screen comeback!!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-03, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bobby

That's Emilio's next writing/directorial film "Bobby", it sounds interesting. Look like this one will be a theatrical release instead of TV this time. Emilio will be playing the lead role in this film. This will be his first "big screen" movie since Mighty Ducks 3.
Old 06-01-03, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He's writing & directing another film that he's starring in? Good Lord. I hate when medicore actors feel the need to do this.
Old 06-01-03, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Originally posted by Sunday Morning
He's writing & directing another film that he's starring in? Good Lord. I hate when medicore actors feel the need to do this.
Probably the only way he can get a job these days... to bad I always like him.
Old 06-01-03, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

SO THIS GUY TURNS AROUND, and TIPS HIS HAT....LIKE SO!

AND WHO DO YOU THINK THAT GUY WAS!?

EMILIO ESTEVEZ!! THE MIGHTY DUCK MAN! I SWEAR TO GO!! I WAS LIKE EEEEMILIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 06-01-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How exactly does this seem like a "big screen comeback"? Because IMDb has a page for a movie called "Bobby" (2003) that's written, directed, and starring Emilio Estevez. With no further information, no major studio attached, no release date set, no plot or keywords listed.

With all respect to Signpost Films, this sounds like some little movie that no one will see...that is, of course, assuming that it even exists.

Perhaps I should submit to IMDb a listing for a film with writer/director/star Andrew McCarthy. Call it "Robbie" and make it a sequel to "Bobby."

Now I liked Emilio, and he did a fine job directing "Men at Work" which I consider one of the funniest movies of all-time. But THIS is NOT a big screen comeback.

EMILIOOOO!
Old 06-01-03, 11:35 PM
Banned

Maybe it's time for Emilio to bite the bullet and do TV like his brother and father. Hell, Charlie's new sitcom gets the time slot between Everyone Loves Raymond and CSI: Miami.

Emilio's fellow actors have attempted the jump into TV with a varying range of success like Kiefer (24), Lou Diamond (Wolf Lake), Judd Nelson (Suddenly Susan), Molly Ringwald (Townies) and Jonathan Silverman (The Single Guy).
Old 06-03-03, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would like Emilio to make a big comeback, he was one of my favorite actors in the 80's. If you look at all the movies he did between 82 and 90, they've all been solid movies and he was great back then as playing a troubled youth type. After that though, not a whole lot going on in the movies dept. I liked him in Mission Impossible, and was upset they killed him off early. Rated X was a really solid movie and I think it shows he still has a lot of talent that's not being exploited.
Old 06-03-03, 03:11 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Great news! Long live Emilio!!!
Old 06-03-03, 03:17 PM

Man...he did Men at Work, so you gotta hold out a little hope. Granted that was 13 years ago. Great stuff though
Old 06-03-03, 04:16 PM
Banned

Men at Work 2? Sign me up!
Old 06-03-03, 05:50 PM
Cool New Member

Otto

Don't forget, he was THE REPO MAN. That was probably one of his better roles.
Old 06-03-03, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
I never understood why he did Mission Impossible uncredited.
Old 06-03-03, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Paramount didn't want to admit that they had actually cast Emilio Estevez, the Mighty Duck Man.
Old 06-03-03, 08:43 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bothanspy
I never understood why he did Mission Impossible uncredited.
Because he was in it for five minutes and was the first to die, and he's always been a "leading" actor. It's the same reason Anthony Hopkins is uncredited for Mission: Impossible 2, or Whoopi Goldberg in Loaded Weapon 1 and her Star Trek films, or pretty much any other name actor who makes cameo appearances. Although Matt Damon seems to be the exception as he's in the end credits for all his movies he cameos in.