Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Seabiscuit

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-03, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seabiscuit

Just caught the new trailer with The Italian Job this weekend, and I must say this one has quickly jumped up to one of my top films to see this summer. If you haven't seen the new trailer, I highly suggest checking it out.

Seabiscuit Web Site
Old 06-01-03, 10:31 AM
Banned

Yep, I saw that trailer before.

I'm dying to see this movie because some of this movie was filmed in my hometown. I've had the opportunity to walk through the films setting, it was cool seeing a movie setting for the first time. I didn't talk to any actors or crew members because I didn't want to bother anyone since they all looked too busy filming.

Seeing Jeff Bridges and Tobey Maguire both playing in a movie together will be fantastic, I smell Oscar nominations for this movie.
Old 06-01-03, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I saw the new trailer in front of Italian Job... and didn't really care at all. I don't know, i guess i could care less about a racing horse. Sounds like just a typical underdog movie to me.
Old 06-01-03, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's a great book. One of those super fast reads that you could finish in one night even though I think the book is over 300 pages, even if you know nothing about horse racing. But I have absolutely know interest in seeing the movie.
Old 07-19-03, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm definitely interested in seeing this one (and reading the book). The reviews I've seen have been really good so far, and I hope it can make it through the summer. Chris Cooper has been golden in everything I've seen him in, and hopefully Tobey Maguire and Jeff Bridges will be really good too. I don't know much about horse racing, but I think this movie will keep my attention.
Old 07-19-03, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At first I thought this project looked to be incredibly sappy, but I've warmed up to it over the summer. I'll be checking it out this Friday, most likely.
Old 07-19-03, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i am really looking forward to this one. pleasantville was great and this looks to be equally good.
Old 07-19-03, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Someone should start a thread: "Seabiscuit vs. Hidalgo"
Old 07-19-03, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Jeff Bridges was on Letterman last night, and Dave was saying over and over how excited he was about seeing this film. Hope it does well. It looks pretty good. Reminds me of "The Natural". Which is one of my all-time favorites.
Old 07-19-03, 11:50 PM

I can't wait to see this, it'll great to see something a little different this summer especially with the great story and cast.
Old 07-20-03, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The first time I saw the teaser for this, I thought, "Eh." It just didn't seem very interesting to me. Nothing against horse races or anything. It also seemed more like a winter release as opposed to a summer release, which struck me as odd. But I guess it kinda makes sense to release this kind of movie now, sort of an alternative to big action popcorn fare. Anyway, once I learned Gary Ross was the director, I decided I might give it a chance. I'm also a big fan of Tobey Maguire. Jeff Bridges and Chris Cooper are also great actors. I can't think of a single time in the past couple years where any of their movies have let me down. So I decided to keep an open mind. Then I saw the theatrical trailer, and started seeing commercials for it on TV, and, well, this has become one of the anticipated movies of this summer for me. And I hope it doesn't disappoint me (seems like a lot of movies this summer have). I hope it's really good.

K
Old 07-20-03, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the original movie comes on tcm this friday at 1030.
Old 07-20-03, 01:29 PM
Cool New Member

if the movies no good we can all nickname it...airbiscuit
Old 07-20-03, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I think I'll probably go see it... it looks like it could be really good. That said - what's with all the movies about horses lately? I'm getting sick of it. Also - this movie looks to me like Tucker - that movie about the car maker. It's like Jeff Bridges just keeps making the same movie playing the same character all the time.
Old 07-21-03, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i wonder if there is going to be a red lobster tie in with this movie?

would it be in bad taste to serve seafood flavored biscuits in the name of a movie about a jockey and his horse?
Old 07-21-03, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
I see this movie being more of a sustained hit than a big opener. While the films that open with it (Tomb Raider 2, Spy Kids 3) will just come and go, I would not be surprised if this movie remains in the top five up into Early-mid September and might even garner some Oscar noms.
Old 07-21-03, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
I see this movie being more of a sustained hit than a big opener. While the films that open with it (Tomb Raider 2, Spy Kids 3) will just come and go, I would not be surprised if this movie remains in the top five up into Early-mid September and might even garner some Oscar noms.
how/when/where did you see it?
Old 07-21-03, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
how/when/where did you see it?
I haven't seen the film, but in terms of my predictions, well, I'm psychic!