Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

How bad was your audience during Finding Nemo?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took my little cousins to see this one this afternoon, and was extremely annoyed by the crowd there. It was sold out and the entire theater never seemed to shut up. All through the movie there was constant chatter, kids running through the aisles, and parents constantly running back to the concession stand to buy their kids more food. I have seen these things in the past, we all have, but today it was just out of control. I felt bad as my little 6 year old cousin, who didn't say one word through the whole movie, kept trying to see over the little kid in front of us who stood up on his seat and kept jumping up and down. When I told his parents that this wasn't a gym, they were offended and told me that if I was that annoyed I should move seats. Not an easy task in a sold out theater.

Was anyone else forced to go through this kind of torture this weekend?

(And on another note, I loved the film. Not quite as good as Monsters or TS2, but hopefully I will enjoy it more on DVD when I can watch in peace and quiet.)
Old 05-31-03, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My crowd was quite well-behaved. We had some screams and questions during scary bits, but that's to be expected.
Old 06-01-03, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess that's why I wait for the DVD.
And I really hate offensive parents. Or any person for that matter.
Even at a more mature movie like Identity, there were these older retired people talking throughout the movie.
Old 06-01-03, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I went late, to a good, out of the way theatre in a very nice area of town, and I was treated to a theatre almost full of adults. I didn't see anyone under the age of about 10.

However, I think due to the huge theatre and near sell-out crowd, I wasn't ever able to really 'lose' myself. I didn't find it quite as funny as the rest of the audience, particularly the foursome directly behind me, and there were a few people on the other side of the theatre that got obnoxiously loud two or three times.

However, it was more than worth it considering how bad it could have been and the fact that I got to see this movie on a positively huge screen. I think maybe five total minutes were 'ruined' for me.
Old 06-01-03, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh man. It was BAD. Even when we were still waiting in line, there was this mom who had 5 kids. 1 of whom didn't walk yet and those that were, were some of the most undisciplined kids I'd seen. They kept kicking the wall of the movie house we happened to be in front of and the mom was just letting them. Another lady had to be the one to tell them to stop it cuz they might be disturbing the people inside the said theater. I said to myself right then and there, "mental note. stay as far away from this lot when I get inside". Fortunately, we were able to.

Ok, now inside during the movie. Oh man again. at LEAST 3 babies. I mean, BABIES cried. Good thing not at the same time. But it was kinda distracting. And then towards the end, when Nemo got caught under the net, this one kid said out loud, "SO WHERE'S THE SMALL FISH? WHERE'S NEMO?"

Oh well.
Old 06-01-03, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
What did you expect? It's a CHILDREN'S MOVIE!!!!!!!!

If you're gonna complain, complain about a movie young children shouldn't even be at! It's to be expected with anything PG or G. Sheesh!
Old 06-01-03, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When I saw Finding Nemo today, a good majority of the crowd was behaved (sold out show at 10am) except for the people behind us. Their like 4 year old kid kept on crying and crying, kept on asking his mom to leave, and kept on kicking my friend and my seat. And of course, the parents did nothing.

Then again, older people can be just as worse. When I saw Wrong Turn afterwards, in a theater consisting of 12 people (in a 200 seat theater), this old couple had to chatter during the whole damn movie.

"What is that?" "What is he saying?"

Get a farking hearing aid or wait till the movie comes to video where you can put on the subtitles or closed caption.

Then at The Italian Job (which was sold out), a woman asked everybody in the row I was in to move down so her and her family of 8 people could sit without having to sit in the front. We all moved, but were all pissed, especially since this woman and her family had to arrive during the trailers.
Old 06-01-03, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by shaun3000
What did you expect? It's a CHILDREN'S MOVIE!!!!!!!!

If you're gonna complain, complain about a movie young children shouldn't even be at! It's to be expected with anything PG or G. Sheesh!
Exactly. If you go to see a CHILDREN'S MOVIE, be prepared that there might actually be....*gasp*...CHILDREN in the theater. And some children misbehave. It's just what children do.

I took my two daughters to see this one at a 5 p.m. showing Friday. They were pretty well behaved, but my youngest daughter (who will be three in August) got scared a few times and I had to take her out of the theater until she calmed down and wanted to go back in. But I wasn't worried about because I knew I was going to a children's film and that sort of thing, and the occasionally loud-mouthed, ill-behaved child, is bound to happen.
Old 06-01-03, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I went early Friday afternoon while most of the kiddies were still in school (I guess). The theatre wasn't sold out and there were only a handful of little ones in the audience. Since my friend and I were laughing hysterically at all the jokes the kids didn't get, I think parents were more annoyed at us than we were at them.
Old 06-01-03, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great crowd, go to the midnight show if you want a quiet cartoon.
Old 06-01-03, 09:05 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
In my experience, children are better behaved at a movie that holds their attention (like Finding Nemo) than at one where they don't want to be at.
Old 06-01-03, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by badger1997
Exactly. If you go to see a CHILDREN'S MOVIE, be prepared that there might actually be....*gasp*...CHILDREN in the theater. And some children misbehave. It's just what children do.
I really don't think that is an excuse. I have three little cousins, and I only took two of them to the movie. Why? Because the one I didn't take isn't mature enough to sit through the whole thing and be quiet. I have no problems with kids in general. But if your kid isn't mature enough to sit for two hours and be relatively quiet, then wait till video for them. The group that ruined the movie for me was the 6 year old in front of me who kept yelling, jumping up and down on his chair, and standing on his Mom's lap blocking my little 5 year old's view of the screen. If your kid is going to behave like that you shouldn't bring them to the movies, no matter what movie you are seeing.
Old 06-01-03, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The crowd was fine when I went.

Except for this idiot with a really annoying laugh.
Old 06-01-03, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There is no excuse for barbaric children. If they cannot sit still for 89 minutes and stay quiet, they have NO business being in a theater. I understand crying babies, but again, if the kid is crying take him out to the damn lobby till he calms down. Just because YOU can turn a blind eye/ear to your little barbarians doesn't mean other people want to or should have to put up with terrible behavior.

How about parents take responsibility for training their children to behave in public instead of saying, "What do you expect in a Children's movie?"

When I was young, I was made to sit still and hold my questions till AFTER the movie. If I got squirmy or noisy, my parents would march me to the lobby and explain that I would miss the rest of the movie if I didn't behave.

Why the HELL can't parents today do the same? If your kids can't behave in public WAIT for the DVD. Don't impose your little brats on those of us who know how to behave in a movie theater.

Thank you, drive through.
Old 06-01-03, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Chattering and laughing are one thing....but running around and acting a fool??

Do ushers even exist at theaters anymore??
Old 06-01-03, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I must agree with those who say "Control your children or don't take them to the movies AT ALL." I have four young children and I don't think that just because they are children they have the right to spoil the movie for others who paid 10 bucks to get in just like I did. People have a right to expect to enjoy the movie in peace. I am rather annoyed at those who take the attitude of "Oh well, children will be children. Let's let them run wild in the theater." That is the trouble with kids these days.

However, what is more annoying to me is those who take their kid to "Wrong Turn" and the like because they did not want to pay a baby sitter...
Old 06-01-03, 02:44 PM
Banned

The audience was awful.

Me and my friend show up late, so the only seats are in the front. I usually hate sitting in the front, but seeing a children's movie in the afternoon, the front is the best place to sit.

The kids were all talking and moving around. Babies (why the **** would you bring a baby to the movies? Stupid ****ing people) were crying a few times. The kids (parents, control your ****ing hits) kept pointing **** out like, "It's Nemo!" or "Shark!" (when it was actually not a shark at all). I really need to see this movie again, but its going to have to wait until the DVD comes out. I enjoyed it, but it would have been a whole lot better with a respectful audience.
Old 06-01-03, 03:11 PM

My audience was great, maybe only 20 people in it since I saw the Midnight showing. Aways see a late night showing when going to a film perceived to be "a kids film"
Old 06-01-03, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have Sundays and Thursdays off. The above posts explain why I saw The Italian Job today and will see Finding Nemo on Thursday.
Old 06-01-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just got back and my audience was pretty well behaved. Most parents were responsible and took their small children out if they were causing a problem.

Great film for all ages!!!!!
Old 06-01-03, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 353 Likes on 229 Posts
We went to a Friday morning show and the theater wasn't even close to full. The kids were pretty good, but someone's cell phone went off twice (I've never seen that happen in a movie before.)

I wouldn't hold young kids to the same standards as adults, but not sitting in your seat during the movie is a bit much. I've spent many movies in the lobby when my daugher couldn't sit through a movie, so I don't think it's too much to ask of other parents.
Old 06-01-03, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Although I own every Pixar DVD I've yet to see any of the films in the theater. Maybe if they had a midnight showing I'd consider it. I guess you might say that I'm not the biggest fan of young children....

Last edited by JaxComet; 06-01-03 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-01-03, 10:27 PM
Banned

it's a kids movie, what the hell do you guys expect?
Old 06-01-03, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Scot1458
Parents to actually *gasp* control their children.
Old 06-01-03, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Scot1458
What Mittman said .

...and it should not be too much to ask!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.