Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Kelley gets rid of 4 on Boston Public

MrX
05-27-03, 11:21 AM
from tvguide.com
The pink slips are flying at another David E. Kelley drama. The überproducer — who last week fired seven Practice staffers — has released four actors from Fox's Boston Public. Among the new kids not returning next season: Joey McIntyre, Jon Abrahams, Cara DeLizia and China Shavers.

No more Brooke:thumbsup:

Patman
05-27-03, 11:24 AM
Who's Cara?

Red Dog
05-27-03, 11:25 AM
Except for Joey, I don't know who these people play (well obviously one them is Brooke).

Patman
05-27-03, 11:26 AM
Abrahams was the physics teacher who was dating Ronnie.

MrX
05-27-03, 11:29 AM
McIntyre was the english teacher who had the affair with Anne Archer's character.

Cara DeLizia played Marcie the office aid who was pregnant

China played Brooke

Rogue588
05-27-03, 11:35 AM
man...I wouldn't mind him keeping all four if he would just pink slip the music montages..

perhaps he could ship 'em over to the Practice..?

Red Dog
05-27-03, 11:38 AM
I hope Aisha is gone - was she a senior? Of course since FOX has this American Juniors crap, I guess that will now become the farm system for BP musical talent. -rolleyes-

retihsuhnt
05-27-03, 11:47 AM
Keeping Brooke and Marcie around next season would have mad no sense, both "graduated" this season (Marcie with a kid and Brooke off to Harvard). The New Kid's exodus is a good thing, but the Physics teacher was a nice addition to the staff.

Jadzia
05-27-03, 12:17 PM
I didn't see why they had to have two young male teachers. They should have just combined those two characters. I preferred the physics teacher.

das Monkey
05-27-03, 12:36 PM
OMG, Kelley!! ... wait, wrong thread ...

das

Groucho
05-27-03, 12:42 PM
That damn monkey beat me to the joke.

movieking
05-27-03, 01:07 PM
Four of my most hated characters, and a large part of the reason that I stopped watching it. Maybe I will start watching it again in the fall...

HistoryProf
05-27-03, 01:19 PM
MORE SINGING!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisHicks
05-27-03, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Red Dog
I hope Aisha is gone - was she a senior? Of course since FOX has this American Juniors crap, I guess that will now become the farm system for BP musical talent. -rolleyes-

didn't you hear? she is going to be the music teachers new aid. that way they can have even more singing.:D

Michael T Hudson
05-27-03, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by das Monkey
OMG, Kelley!! ... wait, wrong thread ...

das

rotfl

Charlie Goose
05-27-03, 03:57 PM
Phew! I was afraid they were going to get rid of someone interesting.

More GUBER!
More DANNY!
More HARVEY!
Bring back HOOK LADY!

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

B.A.
05-27-03, 04:49 PM
Of the four, I actually liked Jon Abrahams as the science teacher. Thank goodness we won't be seeing Brooke Harper make trips from Harvard next season - that will be welcome.

shanester
05-27-03, 04:50 PM
Is Nicky Katt coming back??..I liked him

Was China Shivers the disty new teacher this year??..She was cute

Rogue588
05-27-03, 05:04 PM
China was Brooke. Harper's daughter.

The other thing that bothers me [And i'm sure it'll only be me..] is the move to Friday. I don't know why, but Monday always seemed to be a perfect fit for the show..

Follow my train: Monday...weekend's over...first day back to school...drama about school...ok, it's just me. ;)

shanester
05-27-03, 05:07 PM
I agree it's more of a monday kind of show kind of like Monday Nigth Football..:)

shanester
05-27-03, 05:08 PM
I agree it's more of a monday kind of show sort of like..dare I say it...Monday Night Football..:)

Rogue588
05-27-03, 05:11 PM
you dared!

and you dared TWICE!! :D

Rogue588
05-27-03, 05:14 PM
you dared!

and you dared TWICE!! :D :D

PacMan2006
05-27-03, 07:49 PM
Wow, maybe I'll pick the show back up now.

rfduncan
05-28-03, 04:48 PM
Ugh - with Abrahams gone Ronnie is going to start getting together with that dude from the school board.

Not that sad to see Abrahams or McIntyre go though. It seemed they were hardly in any episodes anyway and when they were on screen they were practically interchangable. :lol:

Jeraden
05-28-03, 05:09 PM
The problem with this past season is it got too caught up in character relationships and didn't really have very many plots that dealt with the students, especially during the second half of the season.

The many relationship plots I can think of, there are probably a few others I'm forgetting:
Hanson with his relationship with the lawyer.
Ronnie and the science teacher
Ronnie and the school board guy
McIntyre and that girls mom
The pregnant chick and her BF
The American Idol chick and her abusive bf
The smart kid and her crush on that boy who ends up dating her friend
Brooke and the basketball star
Marla and mini-me.
Gruber and whats her face (forget her name, the singing instructor)

How about losing the soap opera and getting back to the fact that this is about a school!

Rogue588
05-28-03, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Jeraden
The problem with this past season is it got too caught up in character relationships and didn't really have very many plots that dealt with the students, especially during the second half of the season.

[snip]

How about losing the soap opera and getting back to the fact that this is about a school! Actually...when the show first premiered, one of the selling points was that it would be about the teachers, not the students..

Red Dog
05-28-03, 05:17 PM
As long as that blonde student hottie who was always sporting the cleavage comes back, I'll be happy. ;)

shanester
05-28-03, 07:14 PM
I thaught Jeri Ryan was braught in a couple of years ago for eye candy and to improve ratings..It obviously hasn't worked

Chad
05-28-03, 07:51 PM
I for one am glad they're gone...especially Joey <strike>Slotnick</strike> McIntyre.

Now if only they'd go back to the same formula from season one, bring back Nicky Katt, Jessalyn Gilsig and can the American Idol rejects...

Matthew Chmiel
05-28-03, 10:32 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Once Joey Slotnick was let go from the show, the show went straight to hell. Then the show went to one of the deeper levels of hell when Nicky Katt left.

Deftones
05-29-03, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Matthew Chmiel

Once Joey Slotnick was let go from the show, the show went straight to hell. Then the show went to one of the deeper levels of hell when Nicky Katt left.

Especially since he was having an affair with such a hot student. :drool:

Red Dog
05-29-03, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Matthew Chmiel

That probably was the true jump the shark point. However, I could not stand the Harry Senate character - I was quite pleased when he left.

mapson
05-29-03, 10:43 AM
That's interesting (the pink slips), I wonder what new characters will be brought on to the show.

Rogue588
05-29-03, 12:30 PM
all the latest AI rejects.. -rolleyes-

Jadzia
05-29-03, 01:30 PM
I think they need more teachers that actually LOOK like teachers-- characters like Marla or Harvey. Those are the only two that look anything like the teachers I had in school.

All these young, attractive teachers are a little unrealistic.

Even Danny seems more like a real teacher and he is probably one of the better characters.

shanester
05-29-03, 05:26 PM
Why was Jessylin Gisling let go anyway??..

I think Mr Kelley is losing his marbles! He doesn't know who to fire/hire/renw anymore..:confused:

B.A.
05-29-03, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Jadzia
I think they need more teachers that actually LOOK like teachers-- characters like Marla or Harvey. Those are the only two that look anything like the teachers I had in school.

All these young, attractive teachers are a little unrealistic.

Even Danny seems more like a real teacher and he is probably one of the better characters.
I actually had three or four very attractive teachers when I was in high school. All were young and fresh out of college. Needless to say, they were very popular.

B.A.
05-29-03, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by shanester
Why was Jessylin Gisling let go anyway??
I think she left of her own accord. Haven't seen her in anything since either.

Preacher
06-01-03, 07:48 AM
He should have had them die in some ridiculous threat. Probably the realism of the show didn't allow them to do this.