Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

2003 - Not the Year of Brad Pitt

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-26-03, 09:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what he's been up to. Just one flick coming out this year and all he did was provide the voice. Maybe he's picking his roles better.
Old 05-26-03, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, he did pull out of The Fountain, which might have had the chance of coming out this year, so that might have allowed for the gap to occur.

As for picking his roles better, I think some of the roles he has chosen are great. His looks give him the ability to do a bunch of lame romantic comedies, but he chooses unique stuff like Fight Club, 12 Monkeys, and Snatch. Movies that usually mask his looks and force him to act. I think he's doing a fine job of selecting roles
Old 05-26-03, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I agree, i love some of the unique roles Pitt takes on.
Old 05-27-03, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I'm all for him taking his time on projects if he continues to give us the goods like in Fincher's films or Gilliam's. Yes.
Old 05-27-03, 12:43 AM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
I respect a lot of the choices that Brad Pitt has made, roles-picking-wise. But one thing I'm in total agreement with (as far as the point of this thread) is that it's always struck me as weird when an actor has a "drought" [sp?] - even if only for one calendar year - in terms of film output. I mean, how many movies has Colin Farrel [sp?!] made in the past couple months? Is he just a harder worker?

I'm sure there's plenty I'm failing to account for here: shuffled release dates, postproduction time, etc. Just odd IMO when you think of an A-list star and have to reach back a bit to recall what his last major release was.
Old 05-27-03, 09:05 AM

Colin Farrel is making his name. He's not in BP's League yet. Although the next couple of years we will see what Colin has as he's due to play Alexander the Great for Oliver Stone to match Brad Pitt's Achilles in Troy. Two movies I very much look forward to. Remember Pitt is 40 years old Farell hasn't even hit 30. Old Man Pitts losing a step or two LOL
Old 05-27-03, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think Pitt has made excellent choices in his career... but, I'm not surprised that he doesn't have anything out right now... he is working on Troy, which seems to be a HUGE undertaking...

and I don't know about you, but if I was a multi-millionaire, was married to JENNIFER ANISTON...I'd take some time off to just relax and not work for a few months... a star like Brad Pitt can afford to take off whatever time he wants, and not hurt his career... and I don't blame him!

MATT
Old 05-27-03, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Would any of you really make as many flicks as you can if you were married to Jennifer Aniston? I know I wouldn't.