Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Day of Defeat

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-03, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day of Defeat

Just wondering if this Mod is worth buying? I used to play it back in the day when you could download it for free? Can you still download it or do you have to blow $35.00 on it? Is it better than Battlefield 1941? Any info will help. I loved the original mod.
Old 05-25-03, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no, you can just download it. its been available for like for almost 2 year but it just recently became popular and availble for purchasse like counter strike
Old 05-26-03, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The new mod is 100x's better then the original. A lot of bugs have been fixed and a lot of the artwork has been redone and looks really nice. Your teams change a bit. In some maps you play as the british and so forth just like Battlefield.

I enjoy DOD a bit more then battle field 1942 on some aspects. Driving planes, tanks, etc. is fun.. but there is something about ground combat that is really neat and a bit more exciting.

A great download. just get the DOD 1.0 it's about 173mb's and well worth it.

Now the real question.. why is it on sale now? Well just like Counter Strike, it's a Mod that the developers like because they could sell an Old engine for a new price and still get people to buy it. I dont know how many folks I know bought the CS store version only to find out they have no Half Life game and could have downloaded CS with Half life and can't download the other way around.

download here:
http://www.dayofdefeatmod.com/