Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

So what would you LIKE to see in Revolutions (spoilers!)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-22-03, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I'm not really looking for predictions here, just what would make Revolutions the perfect series ender for you? It doesn't have to be full plot points, can even be individual scenes.

A few of mine:

1) Humans beat the machines. This is kind of a toss-up for me, and I wouldn't be disappointed at all if the humans lost, but I think it would be a nice little "feel-good" moment if humanity rose up and won.

2) Some freak-ass climactic battle at the end. Either in the Matrix or in Zion. If in the Matrix, I'd like to see Neo somehow "resurrect" the previous "One"s, and all six of them battle out against the machine and agents.

Just a few random thoughts, so don't crap on me!
Old 05-22-03, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would like to see this happen. We find out that the real world and Zion are another Matrix. If you notice in the Matrix everything has a greenish tint to it. In the real world everything has a blueish tint to it. A green matrix and a blue matrix. A hundred years ago humanity was overpopulating the Earth so they took half the population and put them in pods so they could harvest the energy from them and also put them in the Matrix. The green Matrix is for normal people but the blue Matrix is for the people that break free of the green one. They think they are free but they are not. Every time humanity gets close to freeing itself from the green Matrix, the Matrix is reset by The One and things are started over. Somehow Neo and Smith find this out and do something about it. It may not make sense the way I explained it but I don't have time to right a book.
Old 05-22-03, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would like to see at least a bittersweet ending. i think someone needs to die, either neo or trinity or both. i don't like happy endings without loss in an impobable to win situation like this.

as long as everything is explained, who everyone is and what they have to do with the story at least on some level i'll be happy with it.............i'd like to see neo copy himself, that would be kind of cool. otherwise just an answer to what happened in the second one will do
Old 05-22-03, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How about this: The humans are machines and the machines human. Humans created the Matrix to "trick" the machines into thinking they were human as well. So Morpheus, Neo, Trinity, et. al. are actually AI where the Oracle, Architect, etc. are humans that can travel into the Matrix.

Ok, I realize that is way farfetched. I now return you to your regularly scheduled post.
Old 05-22-03, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would like to see Darth Maul make a kick-butt return....oops. Wrong movie.
Old 05-22-03, 05:25 PM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
I'm really interested in the story of The One(s) - how in the original movie Neo is the "Second Coming," but we find out in Reloaded it's not quite that simple.
Spoiler:
Were the previous Ones as powerful as Neo? I mean, Merovingian must have thought there was at least a chance Neo could be killed with bullets; otherwise he wouldn't have bothered trying to have his goons pump him full of lead. But then when Neo stopped the bullets, Mero wasn't *that* surprised ("OK, you have some skill!"). What is the relationship between Mero and Neo's "predecessors"? And I still want to know how Neo's immediate predecessor "died": It was mentioned very briefly by Morpheus in the first movie.

Yeah, Revolutions has a lot of hoops it needs to jump through.
Old 05-22-03, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I thought about it, and the movie is called "Revolutions" right? As in more than one revolution? More than one battle?

I think the end of the film will culminate in two battles - one in the Matrix, one at Zion. Here is what I'd want to see.

1) The return of the gun. TMR made guns totally obsolete in combat, which is sad, because I thought the lobby - roof - helicopter sequence in the first film was the best. Although it is patently unrealistic, I would love to see an agent pull out a rail gun and fire off bullets that go, say, 50% the speed of light. After all, Neo's powers aren't unlimited (otherwise he would be able to teleport places instantly instead of flying, or phase through things like the ghosts). This would also give back some vulnerability to Neo, who was far too invincible in the second one.

2) The revolution inside the Matrix. The Matrix is beginning to crash, things go dark, as in the trailer. Then the rules of the Matrix start to break down - gravity, friction, etc. etc. There is anarchy in the streets as everyone begins to realize the falsity of the Matrix. Military units are deployed to restore order, while Neo and Smith are running around fighting. Then - zap - agents take over, and then suddenly there's tanks, choppers, jets, you name it, hunting them both, while Smiths and Neo. Throw in the rogue programs who are trying to preserve the Matrix for their own ends, and you have a good old melee.

3) Only as much time in Zion as necessary. If there is another scene like the rave that kills momentum and wastes time, that would be bad. I'm entranced by the slick style of everything inside the Matrix, that everything in Zion seemed to fall flat - the politics, etc. The more time in the Matrix, the better.

4) No matrix-in-a-matrix ending. The Thirteenth Floor's been made already.
Old 05-22-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by RolloTomasi

2) The revolution inside the Matrix. The Matrix is beginning to crash, things go dark, as in the trailer. Then the rules of the Matrix start to break down - gravity, friction, etc. etc. There is anarchy in the streets as everyone begins to realize the falsity of the Matrix. Military units are deployed to restore order, while Neo and Smith are running around fighting. Then - zap - agents take over, and then suddenly there's tanks, choppers, jets, you name it, hunting them both, while Smiths and Neo. Throw in the rogue programs who are trying to preserve the Matrix for their own ends, and you have a good old melee.
Nice! I like it!
Old 05-22-03, 09:56 PM
Banned

I also want a nice history lecture on how the Matrix first came to be. What happened in the initial humans vs. machines war? Why, precisely, did The Architect create The Matrix - what was in it for him? Does he hate humans? Or was he just thinking ahead to set himself up for the chance to deliver lines like: "It attained a mind-boggling eschelon of utterly flawless perfection, equaled only by its stupefyingly monumental failure"?

And I want an action scene that can top the Neo / Agent Smiths one. Which, after seeing the movie 3 times, I've decided is one of my favorite action sequences ever.
Old 05-22-03, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by inVectiVe
I also want a nice history lecture on how the Matrix first came to be. What happened in the initial humans vs. machines war?

Buy the Animatrix DVD and watch The Second Rennisance I & II. This explains it.
Old 05-22-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Mopower
Buy the Animatrix DVD and watch The Second Rennisance I & II. This explains it.
Or you can download them for free on the Matrix website. I watched them last night, they're pretty entertaining.
Old 05-22-03, 11:19 PM
Banned

Thanks for the tip(s); my computer is a wimp and doesn't handle video so well, but I'll try to get around to viewing that stuff.
Old 05-22-03, 11:40 PM
Banned

More Persephone.