Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Best price on Sony TV's in Los Angeles?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-03, 12:20 AM
boe
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked the sales dork at Circuit City (in Westwood) if they were going to discount the Sony KP-51WS500 since it has been discontinued. His response was we have 500 in stock - they aren't discontinued until we run out. Who can argue with genius like that!?! I bet McDonald's was sorry when he stopped working for them.

If anyone knows of a good price on this model, please let me know. They were available at Best Buy with a coupon for $1650 but they aren't selling them at that price now.

I went to Ken Kranes (they are no longer carrying them - they are waiting for the new model), Best Buy, Circuit City and Good Guys but none of them had very good prices. I'm looking for a sub $2000 50+" TV - possibly Sony or Mits. I'm not sure about Panasonic or Toshiba - your feedback would be helpful.

Thanks!
Old 05-21-03, 02:09 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I'd check out www.shopping.yahoo.com and see what you can find. Too bad you aren't in NY or NJ. There are a dozen companies out there selling that TV for less than $1600.
Old 05-21-03, 09:41 AM
boe
Suspended

You are so right - I'm from back East as well and I'm used to the sales people giving you more haggle space. I see about 8 dealers all willing to sell for under $1600 but I'd really like to buy it locally just in case it is defective. I can just imagine them wanting me to pay for return shipping and the long series of phone calls.