Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Neo's Warning to the Architect

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-03, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"If I were you, I would hope that we don't meet again"

Sounds like that may be a huge part to Revolutions
Old 05-20-03, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Either it means that they will meet again in Revolutions, or the Arcitect was talking about Neo choosing the wrong door, in that case he would never see him again.
Old 05-21-03, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That line struck me as a typical empty threat that people make everyday. It made Neo seem in over his head and I think that was the intent of the line, nothing more.
Old 05-21-03, 06:02 PM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

I believe the Architect when he says this. Maybe b/c he knows Neo will destroy the Matrix.
Old 05-21-03, 08:02 PM
Suspended

Neo is going to give him a big wedgie in Revolutions.
Old 05-21-03, 08:13 PM

It was a SURE bet!

Look at the spread...

A: Neo goes out to the Matrix and Zion is destroyed Neo dies, he will not see the architect (nor anyone else) again.
B: Neo goes out to the Matrix, Zion is not destroyed and the next time Neo sees him will be as source code in the mainframe.
C: Neo goes out to the Mainframe and his source code is recompiled into a new Neo the old Neo dies.
D: Neo goes out to the Mainframe and his source code is assimilated into other programs but his "personailty" lives on. The Architect would have no need to see or meet with him ever again as his data has been stripped.

The Architect knew that Neo will not see him again, or at very least in THAT FORM.

As I said, "A sure bet"...
Old 05-22-03, 08:41 PM

I thought the more direct answer was that the architect knew that as soon as Neo opened the door, it would trigger the explosives that were on that floor......we see the explosion as Neo flies away......maybe the architect thought Neo would get blowed up....
Old 05-23-03, 06:31 AM

Hmm, then again, if you think about it, so far no program has ever told Neo a lie. Think about it, in part 1, Neo says, "I'm not the One?" and the Oracle says "Sorry kid. You got the gift, but it looks like you're waiting." Notice she did not say no directly. Then she says, "Looks like you're waiting for something." Neo: "What?" Oracle: "You're next life, who knows?" And what happened at the end of Matrix 1? I think you all remember what happened right before Neo's awakening as the One. If you notice the way a lot of other programs talk throughout the movie, you notice a recurring theme of them telling the truth, albiet in indirect, obscure ways. That's why I trust what the Architect to be true (at least to the best of his/its knowledge) and his foreshadowings not to be taken lightly. Of course, since this is a movie, we know that Neo will surpass all the limitations put on Neo by the Architect, though I think this will be more because of Neo's exceptional nature rather than the Architect actually LYING to Neo.
Old 05-23-03, 09:12 AM

how would neo get back to the architect? the keymaker is dead, and the connection to the source has been re-routed by now
Old 05-23-03, 09:33 AM

Neo is different than the previous 5 "The Ones" He's greedy and self centered making him the perfect person to destroy the Matrix.

I think he WILL find the Architect and "Deconstruct" that pompous MoFo by getting medievel on his arse!

Seraph has a large part to play as well. Neo will unite the Rogue programs banished to the Mainframe to help save Humans still linked and Zion.
Old 05-25-03, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

A couple of things that I found interesting on a 2nd viewing.

1) May not mean anything but with Neo's discussion with the Architect, at first, there are a hundred different possible reactions that Neo is shown giving on the TV screens to each statment by the Architect. When it got down to the choice between doors, it only showed "every Neo" picking the door that "our" Neo picked. Possible that this was what the Architect knew he would do and wanted him to do (since it was explained by the Oracle that future actions can be seen, it is only the reason that is in question). Maybe things are still going according to the computer's plan.

2) Likely just a nit pick plot hole but the agents wanted to delete the keymaker during the freeway scene though he had yet to lead Neo to the source. So either 1) I just missed something 2) the agents aren't in on the plan (which would have screwed things up if the keymaker was killed before being able to lead Neo to the Architect or 3) it is just a minor plot hole. If the keymaker is only in the Matrix to get Neo to the source, I wouldn't think that the Agents would be after him since he was basically doing a job for computers.