Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Matrix Concept (Spoiler)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-20-03, 10:44 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my view on the Matrix concept and more.

The Architect created the Matrix simply to control the human species both within the Matrix and outside the Matrix. Since the Architect which I believe is the central processing AI involved in solving the welfare of the machines.. he needs to find ways of safeguarding their survival in case their human crops fail to work. In the event that human crops don't work the machines need a backup of humans somewhere and thus, the existence of Zion must be established. Think of Zion as a backup battery storage for the machines.

Everytime the Architect re-establishes a possible solution or theory to his creation (6 times he has done this) there is always an anomaly that exist known to us as "The One", Neo in this case, which cannot ever be controlled. So the Architect I think has come to a conclusion that there is no possible solution to completely control the human species and is working on ways to lengthen the time before the anomaly crashes the system once more and the Architect has to re-format the Matrix system again.

The sole purpose of the Agents is to establish control within the Matrix and if need be.. send out machines, the Sentinels, to stop the humans, their Virus, from coming into the Matrix. By finding where Zion is located, the Agents can finally eliminate their Virus of human rebellion completely. But there is one thing they can't stop no matter if it exist inside or outside the Matrix and that is the anomaly, Neo. That is why Neo suddenly found his ability to stop the Sentinels.

So I predict in the end of Matrix Revolutions the whole Matrix system will crash and may indeed get shutdown but with a twist of some sort.. perhaps the Anomaly, Neo, will be the only one left who survives with no other humans around and no future.. we will see.
Old 05-20-03, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with you, but may I add that in order to keep balance to the back up battery from totally getting uncontrollable, they need to eliminate it and still contain it somehow.. by starting over. It would be like discharging your battery for the sole reason of not having it blow up hurting your machine.