Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Looking for a ideas on a dvd changer(5 or 6 disc)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-03, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had an Onkyo and liked it, but looking for other ideas. I would like a progressive scan and it needs to be 5 or 6 disc changer. What are some good players to look at?
Old 05-19-03, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
You might try the Philips 795SA. It's a five disc progressive player that plays DVDs as well as SACDs. A pretty good bargain at a list price of $250. What kind of a budget are you looking at?

Last edited by Franchot; 05-19-03 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-19-03, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to stay under 300 dollars. I hav noticed that Panasonic has a couple progessive scan 5 disc players for around 150 dollars. Has anyone tried them?
Old 05-19-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a Panasonic CP67 the other day. It is progressive scan 5 disc player. You can get one for $120 shipped after rebate. I'm enjoying it so far. However, the $30 rebate ends on May 31st, so if you want in, you need to buy one quickly.
Old 05-19-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by gusamo
I would like to stay under 300 dollars. I hav noticed that Panasonic has a couple progessive scan 5 disc players for around 150 dollars. Has anyone tried them?
I picked up one of the new Panny F85s last week to add to my system... Pretty nice player for $150. Supports DVD-A, is prog scan, 5 disc, no chroma bug, etc... The "scaling" feature on the new Panny players is really just a zoom and it does an adequate job... Nothing to get excited about. Picture quality (I have a 47" 16X9 - Panny) is generally good but not as nice as the previous models with the Sage chips (I have a RP82). I'll quit rambling... Bottom line, nice damn_ player for the scratch, I recommend it and it should handle just about anything that you throw at it.