Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

XP50 question...plz help.

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-03, 12:27 AM
AOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a setting to where if you turn the XP50 all the way off while in the middle of a movie you can resume the movie from where you left off instead of going to the chapter list? My Sony S530D did this and I thought this player would also do this. I looked through the manual and saw nothing (maybe I missed it). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Also, is there a screen saver on this machine available from any of the menus?

Last edited by AOD; 05-17-03 at 01:38 AM.
Old 05-17-03, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have to press the "position memory" button (located in the bottom right corner of the remote) before shutting down or removing the disc. It will show the position memorized display with the number of memory slots remaining (there are 5 slots).

If the disc is still in the player with the power off, just press "play" and the player will start from the memorized postion. If the player is on and you place the disc in using "open/close", the player will queue up the disc, but not start playing. If you press "play", it will start from the memorized location, if you press "stop", it will stop the disc and clear the memory position--then it will start the disc from the beginning if you press "play".

It sort of covers this on page 10 of the manual, but it's pretty cryptic the way it's written. Panasonic has a bad habit of packing all sorts of features into a player, but barely mentioning them in the manual.

Last edited by nekobus; 05-17-03 at 02:17 PM.