Old 05-12-03, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mr. personality

me feel dummer fer watchin this show.

Old 05-13-03, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yup.

and of course, the ending will suck - will she end up with the rich guy and live happily ever after or the really good looking guy and end up happily ever after?

ooooh...gotta turn in for that one!

fox sucks ass. they totally ruined a unique concept and also have the worst host ever (monica SUCKS as a host...haha get it?)

plus the show is suppose to be a courting reality show that ISNT about looks (hence the name) and instead the opposite has happened - the show is all about the looks. will she pick a good looking guy or an ugly one? will she dump a good looking guy and regreat it? will she 'win' and end up with a good looking guy? even though she doesnt see it, thats what its all about and all the suspense revolves around.

i mean the elimination parts show this very clearly. its like this is a game show for her and the entire premise is that she has to be careful to ONLY keep the good looking guys and when she accidentally doesnt, its like 'awwww man...you lost that one!' and if she doesnt 'well congrats...you get 1 point there.'
Old 05-13-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
My wife likes this show for some reason...

Although the masks do a pretty good job of hiding their faces, she's still able to see a lot, especially up close. And she's able to see what kind of shape they're in. She's kind of able to distinguish traits like how much hair they have (or don't have) when in the dark room. She's able to see what they really act like when they're not with her (do they know she watches them, by the way?). Plus, the whole thing just seems really, really creepy visually.

How many of the guys were really that ugly in the first place? And if she did pick someone that was "ugly" what would stop her from dumping him later anyway?

How are the ratings for this thing?
Old 05-13-03, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If Haley was hotter, I think I'd tune into the show more. But she's sort of shallow as well. (I realize how ironic the previous two comment by me are).
Old 05-13-03, 11:26 AM

:crickets chirping:
Old 05-13-03, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

good points fuji. i think that hidden video thing they show afterwards sucks because it can EASILY portray any of them as really good or bad. its up to the producers. and it gives some guys an unfair advantage.

so yet again, fox fails on a potentially good show with a HORRIBLE host, horrible editing, and of course another horrible ending upcoming.
Old 05-13-03, 01:55 PM
Banned

Monica might be OK if, for example, she ate hot dogs or bananas at the guy's parties.
Old 05-13-03, 02:23 PM

Bring back "The Love Cruise"!

Now at least that show knew it sucked and the people were horrible. Very entertaining.

I'm actually really excited about "The Amazing Race 4". That show is really good for reality programming.