Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Dreams 5/11 - Need re-cap

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-03, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
American Dreams 5/11 - Need re-cap

My power went out yesterday and did not come back until 8:45 pm.

Luckily we watched the first part of Survivor on a batter-powered handheld TV, but because my DirecTivo was out I missed most of American Dreams.

I watched the last 15 minutes.

Can anyone tell me what all happned? Who was that candle-light vigil for?
Old 05-12-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
The vigil was for the 3 black students murdered in Mississippi (Mississippi Burning).

JJ goes off to Lehigh. Does very well in the first day of practice but it becomes readily apparent that his ankle has not healed properly. He gets cut from the team and thus loses his scholarship. When he called his dad, he said everything was going fine so when the trainer later called Jack, Jack was totally blown away.

Meg and Sam ask Luke to give them driving lessons since they both just got their learner's permits. Later on we find out that the mayor of Philly has imposed a curfew for the neighborhood the new store is in. Then Nathan, Sam, and the black activist 'leader' are hanging out at night and some cops mess around with them a little and tell them to go home. Sam gets pretty upset about it - so much so that he and Meg have an argument the next day about how they are different.

Roxanne's father shows up - he wants to be back in her life. Roxanne is obviously reluctant. He gives Meg a charm bracelet to give to Rox. Meg tells him that Rox and her aren't friends anymore. He gives it to her anyway. Meg tries to give it to Rox but she refuses. Later, Rox gets some advice from Michael (the Bandstand producer) about her father. Megs talks to Rox again on the Bandstand set - she tells Rox that she needs to give the bracelet back to her father herself. Rox's father catches up to her after Bandstand and asks her to meet him for dinner later that evening. Rox says maybe. She blows him off but does decide to keep and wear the charm bracelet. She ends up going over to Meg's and they make up.

That seems to be all the major events.
Old 05-12-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks Red Dog!

Old 05-12-03, 08:31 PM
CMc
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meg and Rox are FRIENDS AGAIN!! *sobs* How sweet!!

It's a shame what's happpening in the Sam and JJ storylines, though.
Next week looks like a climax to end all climaxes. Meg appears to end up in a life-threatening situation--OMG! Please let her get through it!!
Old 05-12-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by CMc
Next week looks like a climax to end all climaxes.
Meg and Sam are finally going to have some hot "jungle-fever" sex?

j/k