TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 5/13/03 - Calling

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-03, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Smallville 5/13/03 - Calling

Season Finale, Part 1 - [trailer]
Terrence O'Hara directed the episode written by Kenneth Biller.

Spoiler:
Dr. Walden (guest star Rob Labelle) wakes up from his coma and tells Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) and Lionel (John Glover) that Clark (Tom Welling) is an alien and must be destroyed. Meanwhile, a romantic encounter between Clark and Lana (Kristin Kreuk) hints at a promising future, but after Chloe (Allison Mack) finds out they are together, Lana pulls back.

Ugh... the last line just makes me

Now I like Ken Biller. Worked with him on Voyager after his stint on X-Files. But oh how I dislike him now.
Old 05-12-03, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just read Smallville is moving to Wednesdays at 8pm CST next season. Now THAT makes me
Old 05-12-03, 05:49 PM
Banned

Racisim makes me

Clark ends up with lois, remember? Why do you guys care about the triangle? Its never gonna happen.

Spoiler:
The trailer showed clark with a red s symbol on him too, and with the glasses and the bike, i hope its not red kryptonite, that would get old.
Old 05-13-03, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

We'll see what happens tonight..
Old 05-13-03, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Damn.

I dont have a VCR or TiVo...

I have a damn softball game tonight at 9pm. Doesnt WB re-play ep. of smallville on sundays? Im seriously thinking of not playing tonight to watch smallville... =)
Old 05-13-03, 04:10 PM

Smallville is replayed on Sunday afternoons, part of The WB's "Easy View" lineup.
Old 05-13-03, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I like Chloe, but she has no one to blame but herself. she had a chance with clark and pushed him away
the ending was way sweet

next week's preview
Spoiler:
definitely red kryptonite, he gets out a class ring with a red stone
Old 05-13-03, 09:13 PM
Banned

Softball is real, go for softball, although not as real as baseball,

He needs to tell someone his secret other then pete, at least this trailer doesnt look like, "this is the one where he tells lana".

This is the one where niles tells dafnie the truth, the one where ross and rachel get back together, the one where we find out who the bachelor chooses.

ALL LIES! LIES UNTIL NEXT SEASON! LIES!
Old 05-13-03, 09:57 PM

What would possess the writers to visit this red kryptonite thing for a THIRD time? I didn't like it the first, didn't like it the second. Even if it was the best idea ever 3 times in one season is far too much.
Old 05-13-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Soybean
What would possess the writers to visit this red kryptonite thing for a THIRD time? I didn't like it the first, didn't like it the second. Even if it was the best idea ever 3 times in one season is far too much.
I can't believe that is what they are going to leave us w/ on the season finale. Hopefully they only spend part of the show on that topic and give us some more juicy info on Kal-el, but I have a feeling the finale is going to be a disappointment.

I liked tonight's episode - again Michael Rosenbaum (Lex) and John Glover (Lionel) were the best parts of the show. I loved it when Lionel said, "Well the hand, of course." when he wanted the doctor to send it to him.

Good to see Helen in tonight's ep, maybe she will make it to next season - yeah right. Lex will probably drive her off next week since we now know he has the blood she had stolen from her.

So Clark finally sacked up and kissed Lana - about freaking time. And Poor-old Chloe had to witness it at the end - boo hoo. Maybe she will turn on him now and do the dirty work Lionel asked her to do - or maybe she will just continue to make that sad face every damn time she sees Clark and Lana in each ep.

Pete had another token appearance.

I really hope next week doesn't completely revolve around the red kryptonite.
Old 05-13-03, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I came to a major realization after tonight's show....

Spoiler:
Lex Luthor is the final son and is destin to conquer the world, not Clark. It makes complete sense. In the first season the old psychic woman saw Lex as President (same as in the comic) with blood raining on him. Clark's destiny is to stop him

Last edited by cactusoly; 05-13-03 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-13-03, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Jack_Savage
Clark ends up with lois, remember? Why do you guys care about the triangle? Its never gonna happen.
Clark isn't supposed to have a brother or sister, but that's where the show's going. Regardless, Lana and Clark have a very strong bond as adults in the comic as well.
Old 05-13-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Jack_Savage
Fine, I'll root for Lori Lemaris and Clark getting together
Old 05-13-03, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by cactusoly

Spoiler:
Lex Luthor is the final son and is destin to conquer the world, not Clark. It makes complete sense. In the first season the old psychic woman saw Lex as President (same as in the comic) with blood raining on him. Clark's destiny is to stop him
Interesting. What is the exact quote about the last son? Is it just "the last son will conquer earth, now is the time," or is it "you are the last son and you will conquer earth." Because
Spoiler:
the message on the cave could be referring to Lex, who is also depicted as a cave painting, and Jor-El saying "now is the time" means that it's time to stop Lex. Or something.
Old 05-13-03, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Loved the use of Superman music towards the end as he went down the storm shelter.
Old 05-14-03, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
So who was the voice of Jor El?
Old 05-14-03, 12:08 AM
Banned

Okay major questions/comments.

1st and foremost Did lana put out?

They said they were up until 4 in the morning, and clark said he went for it, DOES THAT MEAN SUPERMANS NOT A VIRGIN!

WTF!! dont turn this show in to dawsons, clark cant have sex, DIDNT THEY SEE MALLRATS!

okay second, petes intro, why even have him there? So we can laugh.

I hope they dont mean to stop lex. Lex is a badie, but hes not that evil, hes like bill gates evil, not doomsday evil.

I was suprised lex stole clarks blood, i thought he stoped all that.

And how long was chloe watching them make out? She turned into crazy stalker.

And if the show doesnt fall back to its roots it wont be superman.

I assumed what was going to happen was that clark will suddenly gain the ability to fly, nothing else.
Old 05-14-03, 12:14 AM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by devilshalo
Spoiler:
So who was the voice of Jor El?
Spoiler:
Terrance Stamp-"Zod"
Old 05-14-03, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
All I can say is that the writers packed a lot of details and plot development into this episode, and it's making me thirsty for the finale next week!

So, I still don't think Clark and Lana did the deed that night they stayed up all night. Clark may have hit a double, but I think that's about it.

The Luthors are a scary bunch. Lex is so not to be trusted, and no way is Helen marrying Lex. Lionel seems to like to prey on the young and impressionable. Too bad he'll be dragging Chloe down (by using her own romantic pain to get her to do the digging on the Kents).

Pete, poor Pete, relegated to a line or two in this episode.

Last edited by Patman; 05-14-03 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-14-03, 02:53 AM

So was Clark getting a massive dose of yellow-sunlight at the end or was the coloring just coincidence?
It'd be cool is that beefs up his power, but it seems far too early.

Last edited by sho kosugi; 05-14-03 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-14-03, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Spoiler:
It's very plausible, but I am sure we will have to wait until next season to find out anything of value - I am almost certain that they will annoy us w/ red kryptonite next week and leave us w/ a major cliffhanger over the summer.
Old 05-14-03, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Or the other scenario that is being set up is Chloe (totally pissed off by Clark and Lana hooking up) betraying their friendship, and giving Lionel what he needs in terms of information to confirm Clark's other worldly origins.
Old 05-14-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Loved the use of Superman music towards the end as he went down the storm shelter.

Same here.

Interesting speculation on Lex, cactusoly.
Old 05-14-03, 09:00 AM

Spoiler:
Doesn't Lex have a brother? Lucas? It's hard to be the
Spoiler:
"last son"
when you have a sibling.
Old 05-14-03, 09:10 AM

Since Lex
Spoiler:
has the vial of Clark's blood, does he know his secret? Also, in the beginning Lex brought Clark to the Doctors holding room to show him the writings on the ceiling. Lex has be curious about Clark for a long time, he's got to have enough evidence by now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.