Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Need help choosing between 2 Panasonics

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-03, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My RCA DVD player has been giving me problems lately. After doing some research, and being very satisfied with my Panasonic SA-HE100 receiver, I decided that I wanted one of two 5-disc Panasonic players, the CP67 and the F65 to replace my RCA. Now, after the $30 rebate for the CP67, the price for either of these will be essentially the same, so that doesn't really affect my decision (though the CP67 will be tad cheaper). Anyway, I read some posts that praised the CP67, but I'm curious about the F65. On one hand, it looks to have a functional remote, a problem that bothered many reviewers of the CP67, along with some other new features. On the other, I heard rumors that the new Panasonics are not reliable. I'm not interested in pioneering; I just want the better deal. Anyway, which would you recommend? Thanks.
Old 05-10-03, 01:51 PM

I am in a similar dilemma. Actually bought a F65 from BestBuy last week after a good deal which gave me a $20 gift card. The player looks good and works better than A120 which it replaced. However I'm thinking of now getting a F85 which only $20 more than F65 and has DVD-audio. F85 has very good specs and is available for $140 from Crutchfield after a $20 Mastercard discount.
Old 05-11-03, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Need help choosing between 2 Panasonics

Originally posted by evitagen
On the other, I heard rumors that the new Panasonics are not reliable.
With the new Panasonics, it's not a problem about them being reliable, it's that they no longer use the better Faroudja deinterlacing chip. The CP67 has it and will perform better than the new model. I would recommend it over the newer model, which uses Panasonic's new all-in-one chip.
Old 05-11-03, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you can find a RP72 grab one of those. they are basically a RP82 (very well regarded) with the addition of being a multi-disc changer.
Old 05-11-03, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for all the replies, especially nekobus. I went with the CP67 from bestpriceaudiovideo.com. The CP72 is out of my budget, and I probably couldn't appreciate its finer features, anyway. I'll be great to watch DVDs again.
Old 05-14-03, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

$30 Panasonic rebate

Originally posted by evitagen
Thanks for all the replies, especially nekobus. I went with the CP67 from bestpriceaudiovideo.com.
Be sure to get your $30 mail in rebate from Panasonic:

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...vd_changer.asp

I checked the bestpriceaudiovideo site and didn't see it mentioned under the product description.