Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Coming to a Theater Near You

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-03, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stumbled across these film synopsis while surfing the web. I enjoyed them so much, I thought I would share:

Seeing Red

"A modern day STING with extrasensory perception!"

SYNOPSIS:
Small-time con artists, Black Jack and Crystal, roam the rural west preying on snowbirds and SUV cowboys. Their scams take advantage of the "Look Marge, there's one of them!" mentality. Crystal (white as the driven snow and raised by grifters) sets 'em up and Black Jack (named after his mother's lifelong fixation, not his dark skin) makes the sting

After a botched hustle, the two stumble into the red rock country of Northern Arizona and discover a perfect hideout, and a new, more lucrative game.

Joining the ranks of "quick stop" psychics in a New Age tourist town, they set up the Vortex Vision Clinic and get to work filching the flock. When Crystal's visions start to come true, however, the con becomes legitimate, and their carefree life of crime is threatened.

With no path left but the dreaded straight one, they suddenly discover a dangerous way out, across the line and socially unacceptable, a replacement for the illicit thrill - they fall in love.

In Search of the Good Life

" A TERRIBLE BATTLE PITTING MAN AND WOMAN AGAINST MOTHER NATURE,
ILLEGAL HEMP PRODUCTION, VERMONT, OLD MAN WINTER, NEIGHBORS FROM HELL, SNOW, MUD, RAIN, BLACKFLIES, COWS, EXPLODING SEPTIC SYSTEMS,
INLAWS, CRAPPY CARS,
INBREDS AND OUTLAWS, GENERATORS, CHAINSAWS, AND RABID ANIMALS . . .

A BITTERSWEET LOVE STORY
...from hell. "

Buried Angel

"I saw angels... with chicken sandwiches."

"Carnival Above Ground, Tragedy Below"

SYNOPSIS:
The Roaring 20's are in full swing and caves are big business. For Floyd Collins, however, caves are more than a passion, they're his ticket off the farm. Tourists flock to his home state of Kentucky to see the spectacular caverns and the huge influx of money causes underground warring amongst the enterprising natives.

Floyd Collins, a lifelong soldier in the struggle, searches for the big one: a cave which will allow him to cash in on the country's latest craze. Desperate to succeed as his thirtieth birthday nears, he gambles with his life.

On a rainy day in the middle of winter, he tunnels alone into an unstable hole. A small rock is dislodged, pinning his foot and trapping him more than a hundred feet below the ground. For three days, his family and neighbors attempt to rescue him and fail. Radio programs are interrupted every hour with updates.

The National Guard is called out and the President demands action. As the days turn to weeks, Floyd's story becomes one of the largest media events of the century. Twenty thousand people flood the site to gawk and eat cotton candy, while below, Floyd slowly starves.

NOTE:
Spoiler:
Floyd Collins is a real historical figure and, umm, he died in those caves. So what we have is sort of a Cliffhanger meets Alive, but without all the flesh-eating stuff to keep you glued to your seat...
Old 05-09-03, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Coming to a Theater Near You

Originally posted by ncmojo
The Roaring 20's
Heh. This alone makes me really interested to see the movie.