Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Reloaded is BRILLIANT! the only catch is...

ckolchak
05-09-03, 02:47 PM
you have to see it at least two times to fully 'get' it.
or so says David Poland & the guy from CHUD.

very interesting.
since most reviewers will only be seeing it once before the spew out their reviews, anyone not completely won over by it, just hasn't seen it enough times.

i'm must be really old school.
i don't remember it taking me multiple times to appreciate Casablanca, or if your just talking sequels- Aliens, or Empire Strikes Back, or even Terminator 2.

so hard to figure out if the fanboy reviewers are just trying so hard to convince themselves of something, or if the movie does suddenly change when everything is already a foregone conclusion.

not that any of this really matters.
the films still gonna mop up at the BO and the Best Buy 6 months later.

Jackskeleton
05-09-03, 04:55 PM
thats no problem as I was planning to watch it atleast twice. :p

clemente
05-09-03, 06:23 PM
I remember being rocked by the first one but not completely getting it...and it wasn't until I saw it another time that I really got the whole thing...so I'm not worried.

MrPeanut
05-09-03, 09:52 PM
Some people can not "get" a movie after seeing it once. It happens to everyone now and then. I didn't get Casablanca the first time through. But to think there is a film so complex that no one (or at least a majority of professional film watchers) is going to get it the first time through? That's a reach.

Dr. DVD
05-12-03, 02:02 PM
I've heard that to fully "get" the movie, one has to see it, play the Enter the Matrix game and beat it, then see it again.

mdc3000
05-12-03, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure if this is to be believed...but I am seeing the film wednesday night, Thursday matinee, then coming home to play the game...so hopefully by the end of the weekend, everything will be clear...

MATT

the matrix has me this thursday

ckolchak
05-13-03, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
I've heard that to fully "get" the movie, one has to see it, play the Enter the Matrix game and beat it, then see it again.

your close, but not entierly correct.

you also have to have a second monitor displaying the animatrix shorts, with ambient background selections from the hit 2-disc cd, all while consuming a 6 pack of Heiniken.

jarofclay73
05-13-03, 01:50 AM
If Reloaded is an okay action-movie, then I'll be happy. That's all I'm expecting. I don't think story has been a strong suit in the first movie. So, if Reloaded has a better story, then it's improved.

ckolchak
05-13-03, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by jarofclay73
If Reloaded is an okay action-movie, then I'll be happy.

if that's the case, i can safely say you'll be MORE than happy w/ Reloaded.

Iron_Giant
05-13-03, 08:26 PM
I liked it much better the 2nd time and my hated it the 1st time, but she loved it on DVD.

Dr. DVD
05-13-03, 09:07 PM
I went into the first one wanting little more than action, so I guess I'll do the same this time around.

ckolchak
05-15-03, 04:57 PM
contrary to my first post, i think one viewing will be sufficent for me.

PalmerJoss
05-15-03, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Dr. DVD

I don't think it's a good sign when the filmmakers have to rely on another medium to make their film look good.

DVDHO
05-16-03, 02:25 AM
Reminds me of 12 Monkeys for me,I hated it the first time I seen it but rented a year later and fell in love with it,its now one of my favorite movies,I think the 1st Matrix was better but I think I can enjoy Reloaded more and more once ive seen it 20+ times like the 1st one.

Numanoid
05-16-03, 02:54 PM
Pretty much all of my favorite movies are movies that cannot be "gotten" on the first viewings. If I can grasp a film in one viewing, I'll put it behind me and rarely return to it or think about it. It's the movies that hold so much information, or have many layers, that are the best and call you to explore them further. Probably explains why my favorite directors include Kubrick & Lynch.

slop101
05-16-03, 05:34 PM
Unlike most overhyped "blockbuster" movies - I think time will be very kind to Reloded and it will only gain greater esteem over time.

Jippy
05-17-03, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by ckolchak
your close, but not entierly correct.

you also have to have a second monitor displaying the animatrix shorts, with ambient background selections from the hit 2-disc cd, all while consuming a 6 pack of Heiniken.

"Heiniken?! F*@k that *****! Pabst Blue Ribbon!"