Reload this Page >

HOT: Enter the Matrix (XBOX) + Strat Gude + Animatrix DVD for $40 AR + Tax

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-07-03, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I originally posted this in Anandtech:

Ok, so the rebates are in the form of Electronics Boutique gift cards.

Anyway, the details:
This only works at the EB B&M's

For all these preorders you have to pay in full ahead of time.

EB is currently having a deal where you can get the Animatrix and/or the Enter the Matrix Strategy Guide free after rebate via giftcard if you preorder Enter the Matrix (for all systems). If you want more details check the Online Offer

So, preorder Enter the Matrix at EB for $49.99, The Strategy Guide for 14.99 (You don't actually have to get this if you dont wan't to of course, but I figure since the final price for it would be just tax, might as well), and the Animatrix DVD for 19.99 + tax.

My total for those was $91.98 (CA Tax).

Here come the rebates/gift cards:
You can pick up the $15 and $20 for the Strategy Guide and Animatrix (they are combinable) at the store, but also pickup an EB catalog. Inside you'll find a $10 rebate offer for any XBOX game $39.99 or higher. You have to send the original receipt in, but all these rebates are going to the same place. Also, I wondered how I could pick up stuff without my receipt, but more than 1 EB associate has told me to just bring an ID.

The XBOX rebate is due 5/15 so you'll need to preorder before that time and send it off. Also, I advise making a copy of the receipt just in case.

So all that, about $85 worth of stuff for about $40 and taxes ($46.98 for me, and a stamp and envelope to send the rebates off), less than the price for Enter the Matrix + tax!

This deal is still good without the $10 for the XBOX rebate, but just better with it

I was reading the XBOX offer carefully, and while it says it can't be combined with any other offer or promotion, I think you should be ok because the other rebates don't apply to the game itself. Instead, you have one rebate per item on the receipt.

One more thing. When you preorder, you also get the special bonus DVD which has:
One anime from The Animatrix DVD (obviously, you wont need this anymore)
10 minute "making of" video
One song from the game soundtrack
Theatrical game trailer—directed by the Wachowski brothers
Exclusive Web site access for game tips and tricks

The game and strategy guide are available 5/15
Animatrix DVD is 6/3
and the bonus DVD should be available at the store when you preorder, but my EB misplaced theirs.

If you're not getting the XBOX offer, you can get the rebate offers online, but for some reason they offer a combination rebate of only $30, not $35.
Old 05-07-03, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
since the last 3 EB rebates I mailed away, have yet to be seen, I'll pass on any EB gift card deals
Old 05-07-03, 06:53 PM
Suspended

They're shipping 4 million copies of this game...it will be $15 within a few months.
Old 05-07-03, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yep!!

Originally posted by mmconhea
I'll pass on any EB gift card deals
Same here. Last rebates have taken forever to get them

I'm sure there is going to be a better deal like a get a free Guide with the purchase or better
Old 05-07-03, 09:46 PM

Well, the Animatrix DVD : P

I guess with mail-in-rebate's you just have to be patient. I got the only one I sent for (MGS 2).

Microsoft is the only company I would say is outstanding when it comes to mail in rebates. And most companies outsource their rebates I believe, anyway, which is usually the problem with timeliness.
Old 05-07-03, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Giftcards rebates, since you are not even getting cash back, you can only spend it at EB... You aren't saving any money unless you plan to shop there again (and you are suckered into buying the strategy guide, gamefaqs = free, saves you $15 there)
Old 05-07-03, 10:08 PM

"Ok, so the rebates are in the form of Electronics Boutique gift cards."

Well, I did say that :P

Gamefaqs are nice, but pictures are better (though I HIGHLY doubt the ETM will be that hard). I wouldn't buy a guide normally though, but this is cheap. I was goig to buy the Animatrix DVD anyway, so you can see why this deal makes more sense for me. And since there are rarely good deals on new games when they first come out, I actually have no problem spending money at EB.

I'm a big Matrix-stuff fan, so I actually was thinking of buying the strat guide at 40% off. I decided against it, but with at the price of tax, decided to get it again.
Old 05-08-03, 05:48 PM

I don't know why people rag on your post. If you don't want to do it , DONT!!!! I for one hate EB and will not shop there if I can help it, but I thank you for taking the time to post this. IT IS A GOOD DEAL!