Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Matrix Reloaded: The Album

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-06-03, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I'm waiting for the 'Second Renissance: Part 2' to download (3 minutes left!), I'm listening to the album I just picked up. What are everyones opinions, for the people who've heard it? I'm liking it so far, not as good as the first, but then again, I didn't like the first that much when I first heard it. I have a feeling this one will grow on me too.
Old 05-06-03, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's incredible. I've downloaded most of it, I'll buy it when I get a chance. The second disc is awesome, listen to the Matrix Suite, 17 minutes of genius. Even. . .*gasp* the Linkin Park track is good, since it has no lyrics.
Old 05-06-03, 07:21 PM

i like almost ever song, the bass drop on the rob zombie track is amazing.

But i hope that the POD track is no where in the movie. That has to be one of the worst songs i ever heard.

"Linkin Park track is good, since it has no lyrics" - I agree.
Old 05-07-03, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm enjoying the album... it's fairly decent. The only track I really dislike so far is the Deftone track... but heck, what do I know, I think the P.O.D. song kicks ass...

MATT
Old 05-07-03, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My wife picked it up for me yesterday. It's nowhere near as good as the first but it has a few good songs on it.

I don't often like Mason but I like his track.
The Rob Zombie one is good
Furious Angels is weird but I like it
The POD song is kinda boring but I think it's good.

Then the 2nd CD is just amazing.
Old 05-07-03, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought this mainly for the 2nd disc. It alone is worth the price of admission, but there are some cool songs on the 1st disc also. I'm glad they released this as a 2 disc set instead of seperate releases like the first one. And the price of $11.99 makes it so much more irresistable.
Old 05-07-03, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After a few listens to the CD, I can tell better which songs I like more.

Disc One

1. Linkin Park - Session (I've heard this song several times since it's on their Meteora album, so I got bored of it)
2. Manson - This Is The New **** (Awesome song, lots of energy, real catchy)
3. Rob Zombie - Reload (Excellent, really raw and loud, exciting)
4. Rob D. - Furious Angels; Instrumental (Not bad, but I like the version with lyrics more)
5. Deftones - Lucky You (Slow and melodic, but very intresting and dark. I like it a lot)
6. Team Sleep - The Passportal (I'm not a big fan of electronic music, but this one definately gets on my likeable list. Dark, brooding, smooth)
7. P.O.D. - Sleeping Awake (I got bored of this one, but only because I played it over and over again on the website. So I'd say I like it. Catchy. But doesn't really fit with the rest of the album.)
8. Unloco - Bruises (Loud and hard, it doesn't really fit with the mood of the rest of the album tho, so I don't like it as much as I might seperately.)
9. Rage Against The Machine - Calm Like a Bomb (One of my favorite RATM songs, and I smiled immensely when I saw it listed. A great song)
10. Oakenfold - Dread Rock (The only electronic artist I enjoy, ever since his excellent work on Swordfish, I've loved his style. The song it self it very intense and it certainly has a roughness to it, I like it.)
11. Fluke - Zion (Another electronic song. I didn't like this one as much. Skippable.)
12. DMB - When The World Ends; Oakenfold Mix (My favorite song on the first disc. I <3 it. The mixing doesn't take over the song, but adds to it greatly.)

Disc Two
(Definately a gem of a disc. I don't think I can get bored of this one.)

1. Don Davis - Main Title (Reminisent of the original main title screen, with some great new and old elements. Can't wait to see the action that goes with this.)
2. Don Davis - Trinity Dream (Big, you can feel how hopeful the scene will play out, but you can sense immediately that something horrible is about to happen. All hell breaks loose in this song)
3. Juno Reactor featuring GoCoo - Teahouse (You can tell without a doubt this will be a fight scene just as exciting as the Morpheus vs. Neo dojo scene.)
4. Rob D. - Chateau (Not a bad song, you can sense there will be something intresting playing along with it. Good build up, with a great tempo.)
5. Juno Reactor & Don Davis - Mona Lisa Overdrive (Good collaboration, the electronic synths and the instrumental elements never out-do each other.)
6. Juno Reactor vs. Don Davis - Burly Brawl (Fast and hard. Not one slow moment. From this song alone you can tell the scene itself will blow your mind.)
7. Don Davis - "Matrix Reloaded" Suite (An epic song. So many great elements. You can feel a great sense of saddness and happiness in all the right places. Definately a grand, thoughtful, cinematic song.)

Last edited by CKMorpheus; 05-07-03 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-07-03, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do you guys know which song is playing during the trailer? And if that song is on the soundtrack?
Old 05-07-03, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rob Dougan - I'm not Driving Anymore (instrumental) is the song during the trailer. You can download the non-instrumental which is pretty good, the instrumental will be on his album coming out in June.