Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Bands or artists you love to bash.

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-04-03, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Imspired by the thread in movie talk
Korn, litterally all their music sounds the same and when ever they get in trouble or what not, I feel I have to bump in.
Old 05-04-03, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,357 Likes on 922 Posts
Korn
Linkin Park
Godsmack
limpbizkit
Old 05-04-03, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed Creed
Old 05-04-03, 04:33 PM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mostly rehashing what I wrote in the Unpopular Music Opinions aka "Your Favorite Band Sucks!" Thread:

Korn was probably my top choice as well. Have heard many, many of their tunes on the radio - spanning all their albums - and none rose above the level of "mediocre."

Rage Against the Machine: Perhaps partly because of politics, but there's plenty I find piss-poor pertaining to their putrid product.

Eminem: Noticing the recent success of bubblegum pop, shrewd businessman Dr. Dre concluded, "It would appear that preteen white chicks have a high level of disposable income." So he took young Marshall Mathers under his wing to tap into this previously unknown market for rap - these middle school age TRL groupies who wouldn't touch an NWA record with an eleven foot pole. And they're laughing all the way to the bank.

Possibly more to come later....
Old 05-04-03, 04:37 PM

Creed, Linkin Park, and Limp Bizkit. I feel they are mostly responsible for ruining the music business as we know it today.
Old 05-04-03, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For korn, there's a few good stuff on "follow the leader" (particually the song "all in the family", and the self titled debut, and life is preachy, everything else sucks.
Old 05-04-03, 04:56 PM
Banned

Add Linkin Park to my list as well. There was a thread weeks ago where some music mag (Spin?) ranked the Top 50 Most Important Artists Making Music Today (or something), and LP was *very* high......maybe even #6?! Funniest part was when the blurb said LP was "still keeping their metal edge razor-sharp." I know it's cliche to say "That band isn't real metal!" but seriously, what part of "Crawling" or "One Step Closer" or "In the End" or "Somewhere I Belong" evinces a "metal edge" that's "razor-sharp"?
Old 05-04-03, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you guys have all taken my top choices.

please put me on record for hating crap like justin timberlake, godsmack, jay-z, GOO GOO dolls, bon jovi, third eye blind, and matchbox 20, at the drive in.

i think i might be alone on this one, but i always make time to bash Death Cab for Cutie. ughhh.
Old 05-04-03, 05:41 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The above mostly looks like an Ozzfest line-up from a year or so back

Often I have wondered why they don't do a WasFest.... loads of oldschool bands from the 70s and 80s.... but I bet not enough people like them.

On-topic again, I don't really tend to bash bands per se, although I suppose I have no particular regard for certain trends e.g. manufactured bands (Pop Idol and "boy bands" etc); modern rap; artistes that have no respect for fans.

Lets see if this, perversely, remains a civilised thread!
Old 05-04-03, 05:54 PM
Banned

Shifting into Moderator Mode, benedict pleads:
Lets see if this, perversely, remains a civilised thread!
You'll notice a certain band has, quite intentionally, *not* been mentioned by me yet.......
Old 05-04-03, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

pretty much anything thats on MTV, any rap at all......rap videos especially.
Old 05-04-03, 06:11 PM

None, generic bands are boring to talk about, in any capacity.
Old 05-04-03, 06:29 PM
Banned

None, what's the point in bashing bands?

Do you really feel the need to spill all of your negativity toward a band you really hate?

I know I don't.

There are bands and artists that I hate, true, but everyone should respect what they do even if they don't like their music.

Why can't people find something more constructive to do....like talking about bands that you love???

I just don't see the point in bashing the same band/artist on a daily basis.
]
Old 05-04-03, 07:09 PM
Banned

Could just as easily turn that around and say, "Why do people feel the need to crap in threads, especially when the title makes abundantly clear what the thread is gonna be about?"

My God, if bashing bands (or people, or movies, or......) violates some form of Netiquette, I better go back and delete at least half of my DVDTalk posts!

And I will never, ever "respect" Korn.
Old 05-04-03, 08:53 PM
Suspended

1.)Limp Bizkit....err excuse me limp bizkit
Their music has become laughably bad over the years & Fred Durst is one of the WORST vocalists in the history of recorded music.

2.)Jennifer Lopez - something about "Jenny From the Block" that makes my blood boil. Why does she feel the need to always talk about her wealth and then try and cover by saying it doesnt matter to her? If it didnt matter then why the hell is she talking about it!! Im sorry I just hate her so much!

3.)Kelly Osbourne - She's not a music artist, she is daddys little girl having her 15 minutes.
Old 05-04-03, 09:05 PM

This is a topic about loving to bash certain bands, right? Cause that's what my answer was geared to.

People who don't want to hear anything less than stellarly positive comments towards a certain band better ignore topics pertaining to them, or stay on a board devoted soley to that band.
Old 05-04-03, 09:22 PM
Banned

Mudvayne
Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit (that's 3/5th of the Metallica Sanitarium Tour haha. Thank god for Metallica and Deftones or else that tour would be a complete disaster)

Avril Lavigne
A Simple Plan
Sum 41 ("hey aren't they canadian?" "no, they are crap" category)

Creed
Korn
Disturbed
P.O.D (they have like exactly 1 song category)

Blink 182
Good Charlotte
Green Day (punk crap category)
Old 05-04-03, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd get on board with all of these except eminem who actually has some talent (annoyingly enough) and Bon Jovi ... what the hell you got against Bon Jovi? The 80s rock ... even if they suck.

Seriously, top of my list is posers like Creed and Korn and all that lame manufactured no-talent crap. Let's just say all suburban-angst, i.e. just about anyone who plays at Ozzfest (other than Sabbath, of course).

das
Old 05-04-03, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My least favorite band, U2.
Old 05-04-03, 10:40 PM
Banned

Gotta be careful with this one [and I'm once again ControlC/ControlVing from a previous thread ]

System of a Down: Haven't listened to a full album, but the songs I heard on the radio were........I wish I could come up with a more advanced adjective than "stupid." Perhaps "goofy." "Chop Suey!" annoyed the piss out of me (even though I had it for dinner tonight); good thing it hardly got any radio play at all.
Old 05-04-03, 10:59 PM

"Chop Suey" had strong airplay here...
Old 05-04-03, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

TOOL!

Because so many of the children that post on DVDTalk seem to think this droning, self-important, deeply derivative claptrap is akin to the "second coming."

And it's fun to watch them drool and claw and sputter endlessly about how much Maynard "roolz."

Old 05-04-03, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
1. Korn
2. Dave Matthews Band
3. Incubus : IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII wish you were heeeeeeerrrrrreeee!
Old 05-05-03, 12:04 AM
Banned

Ah yes, Incubus is another one I trashed in the Unpopular..... thread.

Hey grunter, were you the one who called Tool the "Most. Pretentious. Band. Ever."?
Old 05-05-03, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What Jason said.

Creed

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.