Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Headbanger's Ball is Back!!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-03, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those that don't visit the TV Talk section, starting May 10th on MTV2 at 10PM. Hosted by Metallica (sorry, no Ricki Rachman). I guess MTV will also show it the folling Tuesdays at midnight.
Old 05-07-03, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to love the Ball, I loved the mix of different Metal they played, the first hour or so was mostly the pop and glam metal stuff like Ratt, Faster Pussycat and Warrant, and got heavier in the last hour playing the likes of Testament, Morbid Angel and Metal Church. I loved the one where KISS hosted the show. There was another one where Motley Crue hosted the show, I'll never forget Vince Neil saying "Who the hell is Tyketto?" They also gave alot of rare bands a chance that normally wouldn't get thier video played. I remember seeing the first showing of a Mother Love Bone video on the ball.

I hope the new Ball plays real Metal and not this so called nu-metal like Korn, Linkin Park and Staind. Im not saying I expect to see reruns of old 80s Dokken videos (VH1 classic is for that now) but I'd like to hear new real metal bands, not Limp Bizkit and the other mall-core crap that is passed off as Metal these days.
Old 05-07-03, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As long as it's not "All Things Rock" presented by Good Charlotte.

Reread my above sentence. There is something fundamentally wrong with GOOD CHARLOTTE presenting a show called "All Things Rock". Emphasis on "mental".
Old 05-07-03, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anthrax' Scott Ian talked about the new "Ball" in an interview with him we ran last week.

Slush: When you talked about Headbanger’s Ball earlier, are you guys hosting it and how did this all come about?

Scott: We’re actually not sure what we’re doing. We know we’re playing a show with us and Godsmack. We’ll probably be hosting some D.J. stuff, but outside of that, I’m really not sure. We haven’t gotten that many details about it.
We attended that Godsmack/Anthrax Headbanger's Ball in Cleveland a few days ago. Not sure when it'll be broadcasted, but I hear it was a rockin' show.

Full interview at:
http://www.slushfactory.com/content/...ulDUlWwXwH.php
Old 05-07-03, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
\m/ OO \m/