Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Difference in set lists when you see them live.

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-01-03, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some bands play the same stuff live every time you see them.

Kiss has had pretty much the exact same set list for every tour since the reunion tour (they sometimes play a couple different songs but nothing out of the ordinary.

Same thing with Ozzy. He always plays the exact same songs every tour (mostly from Blizzard of Oz) while throwing in only a couple from the latest album.

In contrast, I saw Judas Priest twice on the Demolition tour 7 months apart with the exception of a few songs had a completly different set list.

Every time I've seen Alice Cooper he always plays the obligatory classics but varies the rest every time I've seen him. He also pulls out one or two songs out of nowhere that you would never expect. One time he played "Unfinished Sweet" another time "Nurse Rozetta"

Sure when a band plays live they almost have to play the "hits" or "classics" because most people probably dont see the band much. In my case I would rather see a band play something I've never seen them play live before. I could care less if Kiss ever played "Shout It Out Loud" or "Beth" again. What about "All Hell's Breaking Loose" or "Going Blind"