Er - 05-01-03

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-03, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Er - 05-01-03

Fairly good episode but some annoyance :

Spoiler:
Starts off with the funeral of Carter's grandmother where Abby is late because her brother shows up. She has to take him with her and he messes up the funeral. That part is a pain, it's time to remove him and Sally Field for good. I'm not sure where they are going with the series from here as the rest of the episode seems to be a downer for all the caracters. Carter tells Abby to give him some time and leave him alone, he seems to be going a bit crazy. Luca, after getting the Croatian boy there for surgery finds out he is going to the Congo. Romano comes to term with his arm and wants it removed after he sets himself on fire as he can't feel the pain until he sees the flames. Lewis gets her divorce from the helicopter guy but they accept to still see each other 'sex buddies'. I wonder who will be left next year, seems slim....
Old 05-01-03, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
oh my I hate
Spoiler:
abby's stupid f'ing brother

and
Spoiler:
Romano's arm. damn, it's really looking like he'll lose it

Last edited by mikehunt; 05-01-03 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-01-03, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Abby's Family
Abby's Family
Abby's Family
Abby's Family
Abby's Family
Abby's Family
Abby's Family
Abby's Family
Abby's Family

Abby

Anything to do with abby

... I love what they're doing with Carter, i think it would be interesting to see him step up to helm his family's foundation. Although i doubt that will happen.

The guy hitting on corday looked familiar, wasn't he on "jessie" or maybe suddenly susan?

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 05-01-03 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-01-03, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
He was on Jesse.

Good solid episode today. I find I enjoy the ER episodes more when I skip the "next week on ER" and mute all the commercials for ER during the week, put my fingers in my ears and go "la la la la". At least the ER "you can't miss" isnt completely spoiled by the trailers.

SPY
Old 05-01-03, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Abby
Hey, Not Abby, just her family! They do need to end this part of the show fast. I love watching Maura Tierney, but the plot revolving around her family has gone on way too long...

Carter was excellent this episode and I loved his reaction towards the end of the show towards Abby when he needed his space to cool off.

Luka kicked ass tonight on his mission to save the Croatian boy, Ante.

I have also liked Donal Logue's guest appearances as the flight nurse who married Susan in Vegas. They play off of each other well.

Good to see Romano come to terms w/ his problem and "cut his losses".
Old 05-01-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sorry. I hate abby too, not just her family. And Maura Teirney is par at best, maybe slightly better. What she possesses in the looks category doesn't make up for the Pain-in-the-ass it is to watch her character bring down the whole show. I wish they'd kill her off. Something brutal and quick.

I mean what has her character done to bring the show up a level?? ... ... ... .... ?? I think Jerry adds more depth to the show than Abby.

[/rant]

Also ... REMAINDER OF SEASON SPECULATION
Spoiler:
has anyone read the synopsis for the next couple of weeks? and the finale? Seems a bit weird. Like everyone's going to be in africa?? And the finale didn't read like a cliff hanger either, which i thought was weird given the past couple of years. Maybe they're looking to start the next season after a period of time has passed...?

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 05-01-03 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-01-03, 10:50 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
I was hoping they'd start shoveling dirt on Abby's brother when he fell into the grave.

I wonder what Romano's future is going to be now that it looks like he's losing his arm.

Carter was good tonight and so was Luca. I've really enjoyed the lack of screen time Weaver has gotten lately also.
Old 05-02-03, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
What she possesses in the looks category doesn't make up for the Pain-in-the-ass it is to watch her character bring down the whole show.
What does she possess in the looks category? Seems kind of plain to me. Even Weaver is hotter.

Romano calling Gallant "Denzel" and Luka "Lurch" -

Romano sexually harassed Corday. He cost Maggie Doyle her job the same way. He cancelled his sponsorship of Corday because she wouldn't date him. He threatened to reveal Corday's relationship with Benton. And now it looks like they're going to hook up?

What's going on with Luka? He went from grieving husband to philanderer to dangerously self-destructive to noble hero. All of this within a season or two.

Abby
Abby's brother
Slutty Susan
Slutty Susan's douchebag husband
Bruno Campos

Honk!
Old 05-02-03, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Luka's soul is being rehabilitated.

I have to admit that I LOL when Abby's brother fell into Gama's burial hole.

I was hoping Carter would have remembered the SUV's license plate and call it in to Chicago PD for them to be on a lookout for gang activity.

I guess Romano is finally at peace with letting his arm (as well as his career as a surgeon) go.

I still have a problem accepting Bruno "Diego (from Jessie)" Campos as a surgeon.

Abby needs to ditch the long hair, it is making her look older and older.