Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

End of Days

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-03, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
End of Days

Am I the only one who really really liked this movie? I mean, come on, it was really good! Arnie wasn't larger than life, he took (several) beatings and the action was well done.

Byrne was really intimidating, and it all fealt so real. Also the biblical insight and everything else. I think it is greatly overlooked and see no reason not to like it.

Music is great, cinematography pretty good, masterful in the ending, Plot is GOOD. An Arnie movie with plot.... Acting was all right.

I don't see how one could call it a BAD movie. Mediocre? Your opinon, but BAD? Kinda like giving a mediocre film the score of "1" on imdb when almost no movie could be a "1".

Your opinions?

Also, let's not forget that masterpiece of an ending.
Old 05-01-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked it too. I think people just automatically dislike new Arnold flicks because I also thought the 6th Day was pretty good.

D
Old 05-01-03, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
It was a pretty decent Arnie flick. Though, it would be interesting to see how the movie would've turned out before all the reshoots. I remember reading something to the effect of it actually being better before it was turned into a "Fallen" clone...and you can definitely see the similarities between those two movies, IMO. I did appreciate it enough to buy it on DVD.
Old 05-01-03, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like the movie, as do my friends. We always crack jokes about it, like [arnold voice]"Satan hates grenades"[/arnold voice] since he
Spoiler:
takes all those guns out of the weapons room.
Old 05-01-03, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

End of Days was pretty awful. Any time that Arnie tries to show off his acting chops, the end result is a whole lotta pain.
Old 05-01-03, 03:52 PM
Banned

I saw this movie in theaters when it first came out and I loved it.

I still haven't bought the movie on DVD but I really should get it.

It is an excellent Arnold movie with a twisting ending.
Old 05-01-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I enjoyed it. Missed it in theaters and on dvd for quite sometime before i finally picked it up a couple of months ago. Didn't think it was anything spectacular, but a good flick.
Old 05-01-03, 04:45 PM

I thought Endof Days was a great movie. Pretty interesting mother/daughter scene too!
Old 05-01-03, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bad movie all around. Pretty egotistical movie - ARNOLD V. SATAN. Please it was so bad. Wasn't Arnie supposed to nuke Satan or something in the original ending? I felt like it was Arnold trying to do Devil's Advocate or something. except with guns.
Old 05-01-03, 05:03 PM
Banned

Originally posted by chanster
Bad movie all around. Pretty egotistical movie - ARNOLD V. SATAN. Please it was so bad. Wasn't Arnie supposed to nuke Satan or something in the original ending? I felt like it was Arnold trying to do Devil's Advocate or something. except with guns.
Well, what do you expect in an Arnold movie, most of his movies are all him kicking the bad guys asses with big guns anyways.
Old 05-01-03, 05:17 PM

I was expecting a social commentary with Oscar worthy performances and no explosions.
Old 05-01-03, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought it was decent actually. Arnold vs Satan? You know, I kinda like that idea. Arnold is good in action movies toting guns around. This wasn't great, as I don't think the plot held up well enough to be entertaining ebough, but I thought it fairly ok. Now, Sixth Day and Collateral Damage? I thought those movies blew. Why? Cause Arnold is supposed to blow stuff up with big guns! And...he barely does! Well, there's more to a good action movie than that, like a good eye by the director for kinetic material and some cool one liners, but those movies did suck. End of Days was...ok by me. Better than Eraser in my opinion.
Old 05-01-03, 10:01 PM

End of Days was great. 6th Day was ok and Collataral Damage just sucked.
Old 05-01-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
What I learned.. you could kill the devil with bullets.
Old 05-01-03, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I bought the DVD without seeing the movie and was very pleased. Not sure why but I just thought it clicked. And I even hate the actress that plays the girl Arnie is saving. I'd look it up on IMDB but you all know who I mean anyway.
Old 05-01-03, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Taking a flaming piss

I wish I could do that.

...Udo Keir and CCH Pounder always