Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Question About Comcast Digital Cable

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-03, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question About Comcast Digital Cable

I'm looking into upgrading to digital cable and went online (www.comcast.com) to see rates.

Now, the bronze package claims $47.99 is that added to my regular cable bill? or is it that much a month?

And what's the difference between bronze, silver, gold & platinum? they don't say anything.
Old 04-24-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I have Gold so that gives me all of the channels in the 100s (like ESPNews, ESPN Classic, SoapNet, MTV2, etc), and all of the HBOs, SHOWs, MAXs, and TMCs.

I think Platinum would also give me the STARZ channels.
Old 04-24-03, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
My guess is that...

Silver = the channels in the 100s but no premium channels like HBO (you can order them a la carte)

Bronze = nothing except maybe the music audio channels; just the ability to order PPV movies and events.
Old 04-24-03, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 170 Posts
Re: Question About Comcast Digital Cable

Originally posted by DVDProfessor
Now, the bronze package claims $47.99 is that added to my regular cable bill? or is it that much a month?
That's how much it is a month. It's not an add-on to current charges.
Old 04-24-03, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is another Comcast thread in the computer forum where I posted this question. I spoke with them yesterday. they said that the bronze and standard packages don't exist anymore. I found this link for new england

http://attbroadband-ne.com/channels_2.html

From what I can get is the lowest digital level has regular cable plus for a few dollars more, the premier channels. then as you go up tiers (gold, platinum etc) its basically how many movie channel packages you add.

Supposedly, they are sending me a breakdown of the packages. Honestly, I don't understand how they expect anyone to subscribe if they dont tell you what you are getting.

SPY
Old 04-24-03, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Comcast just re-formulated the packages in my area too... Perhaps it's something they're doing nationally. Problem is, the new service tiers and pricing are confusing...

It looks to me like they're trying to muscle out the analog-only users by eliminating it completely as a listed option. You're basically ordering the lowest tier digital-cable -- you're just not renting the box, too...

They just raised my rates in January, and then with this re-formulation they're going up AGAIN by several bucks--for the handful of digital non-premium stations I don't want and won't be able to recieve...