Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Pikmin 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-03, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts
Pikmin 2

Captain Olimar has returned to the planet where the Pikmin live, and he's all business this time!

The company he works for is going bankrupt, so to save it, Olimar must salvage the treasure buried all over the planet. His company's debt is a whopping 10,000 pokos- luckily, Olimar brought an assistant, so if the two of them can delegate their work well, they should be able to erase that debt in no time! Of course, they'll need the help of the Pikmin to do that-these two can't do anything by themselves. Alternate controlling the main characters-Olimar and his assistant-as you command your Pikmin to defeat enemies, propagate more Pikmin, collect precious doodads, and solve puzzles. With no time limit, new colors of Pikmin, and two-player cooperative play, Pikmin 2 improves on the original in every way.

Pikmin 2

I think it looks great. There are apparently two new pikmin. A large Purple one and a strange looking white one with red eyes.

I really like the coop play and the new pikmin but am a little worried about the fact that there is no time limit. That was one of the great things about the original was that there was a real pressing need to hurry.

Last edited by tanman; 04-23-03 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-23-03, 12:54 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I hated the time limit. Time limits artificially increase the difficulty. I'd prefer that the difficulty be changed in other ways: harder puzzles and so forth.
Old 04-24-03, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts

this is an interesting screen shot. Look at the new icon representing the cross pad. I wonder if this is a quick way to organize your Pikmin. It also seems like the emphasis on this is to collect as much money as possible judging by the money counter on the top right. I hope they have more then one type of challenge mode. Maybe one that collects as much money as possible and one that grows as many Pikmin as possible.

Anyone know when this comes out?