Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

What E3 game are you looking forward to most?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-03, 09:39 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What game are you looking forward to seeing more of at E3?

For me, it's gotta be the PS2 Castlevania project. Information about it has been nonexistant, but I can't wait to see what they have in store.

The recent Half Life 2 talk is also intriguing.

Last edited by trigun; 04-22-03 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-22-03, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Driver 3 and Metal Gear Solid 3. Have you guys seen the alleged PS2 screen shots at IGN? Freakin' hell they look amazing!!
Old 04-22-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The next Silicon Knights game
Old 04-22-03, 10:18 AM

Half-Life 2
Castlevania ps2 (hoping 2d)
Final Fantasy XII (maybe)
Metal Gear Solid 3
Homeworld 2
Deus Ex 2
Old 04-22-03, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Playable Doom 3
Deus Ex 2
Half-Life 2
Duke Nukem Forever
Tron 2.0
Old 04-22-03, 10:58 AM

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (GC)
Castlevania (PS2)
Mario 128 (GC)
Perfect Dark (XB)
Old 04-22-03, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

True Fantasy Live Online for the XBOX. It's about time XBOX owners get a good RPG, let alone a good MMORPG (from the makers of Dark Cloud 2).

True Crime: Streets of L.A., just because it sounds like it will be a cool GTA game for the XBOX. Same goes for Mafia, and I hope they fix some of the problems with the original.

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, because you can never have enough Jedi.

Psychonauts, because I want to see if Tim Schafer can follow up his Grim Fandango.

Max Payne 2, because the first was the coolest game EVER.

X-Men Legends, because the thought of an X-Men RPG is awesome. A little too early for any opinions though, because it's a 2004 release.

Dino Crisis 3, because it's due time the XBOX gets another good title from Capcom.

Halo 2, just because.

Project Gotham Racing 2, because I want to see if it can best Midnight Club II (a tough act to follow).

Black and White 2, because it's Black and White 2!

Whatever Rare has up their sleeves (please be a Conker's sequel!).

I think that about covers it... That is, until the suprise game announcements and price drops.

Jeremy

Last edited by jrutz; 04-22-03 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-22-03, 11:35 AM
Banned

they have games at e3? no way!

Im just going to pick up as much free stuff as i can, and maybe win a gba.
Old 04-22-03, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here are the top 10 games I'm looking forward to seeing:

1. Mario Kart GC
2. Mario 128
3. Pikmin 2
4. Any other unknown Nintendo EAD game
5. Silicon Knights GC game
6. Resident Evil 4
7. Starfox Armada
8. Rogue Squadron 3
9. Gran Turismo 4 online
10. Halo 2
Old 04-22-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mario Kart GC and the WWE games
Old 04-22-03, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yep Mario Kart!!
Metal Gear Solid 3
Viewtiful Joe
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Tales of Symphonia
Resident Evil 4
Killer 7

And its about time we see something about GameZero from Zoonami, its been in development for 2 years now I think. Isn't that company made out of a bunch ex-Rare employee's? I believe the CEO was the project leader of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

I also want to see any unique or original game .
edit: almost forgot, F-ZERO!!

Last edited by Outlaw; 04-22-03 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-23-03, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Outlaw, good call on F-Zero. almost forgot about that game because i'm all excited about the new rogue squadron. but i'm actually most excited about mario kart.
Old 04-23-03, 12:02 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Mario Kart, Mario 128, Starfox, Halo 2...
Old 04-23-03, 12:41 PM
Retired

Mario Kart
Rogue Squadron 3
Final Fantasy X-2
F-zero
Mario 128
MGS 3
Castlevania (PS2)

Maybe some tidbits on the Metroid Prime sequel or another zelda game, but those are fairly unlikely I'd say.
Old 04-23-03, 01:30 PM

Half Life 2 - But i doubt they'll have much info, other than maybe some concept art and a logo. I'm curious to see if it will have anything to do with TF2 and maybe CS2???

Whats this Mario128 everyone keeps talking about? I didn't know there was a new Mario game on the Horizon.

F-Zero will be the highlight for Gamecube, my expectations for that game are high.

I can't beleive no one has mentioned Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Brings back memories of my NES days.

RATCHET & CLANK 2 I loved the original! In my opinion it was better than any other action adventure Platformer of last year, including Mario - which did little to impress me.
Old 04-23-03, 03:11 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Half Life 2 - But i doubt they'll have much info, other than maybe some concept art and a logo. I'm curious to see if it will have anything to do with TF2 and maybe CS2???
I would be surprised if that were the case, considering the pretty awesome screenshots that are in the latest PC Gamer.
Old 04-23-03, 03:16 PM
Retired

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
[B]
Whats this Mario128 everyone keeps talking about? I didn't know there was a new Mario game on the Horizon.
Miyamoto annouced a few months ago that there would be another Mario and another Zelda for the gamecube. Mario 128 is the way the new mario game is usually referred to, but it's unlikely that will be the name. That was the name of a tech demo for the GC that had 128 marios running around at the same time.

Nothing is known about it at this point. It can be assured that it will be easier, as Miyamoto said in an interview in a cnn.com article the other day that they had received tons of complaints about the game being to hard and that this issue would be fixed in future installments as they want the game to be accessible for all ages.
Old 04-23-03, 03:23 PM

Front Mission 4 or the oft rumored Front Mission Online
Chrono Break
Old 04-23-03, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Games? I thought it was just an event to show off Booth babes.. you mean they actually have stuff to look at inside the booth other then the babes?

DOOM 3.
Old 04-23-03, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by trigun
I would be surprised if that were the case, considering the pretty awesome screenshots that are in the latest PC Gamer.
Link? (looked, couldnt' find screenshots anywhere. Other than the TF2 shots that have been floating around for 7 years.)
Old 04-23-03, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jack_Savage

Im just going to pick up as much free stuff as i can, and maybe win a gba.
This is my first time going. What kind of free stuff can i expect? Also do i need earplugs?
Old 04-24-03, 01:48 AM

E3! woohoo!

"they have games at e3? no way!

Im just going to pick up as much free stuff as i can, and maybe win a gba."

haha, nintendo's been doing it for the past 2 years i think, i give it a go the first day two years ago and didn't try it at all last year. hopefully, nintendo will doing it with the gameboy advance sp this year
HALO 2! Half Life 2! Project Gotham 2! Metal Gear Solid 3? everyone going for all three days?
Old 04-24-03, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man this E3 is going to kick serious bunghole!! All the major players have been out with their consoles for a while and developers are comfortable with each machine. I think the games this year are going to look awesome.

I haven't heard any blockbuster announcement from MSOFT yet though. Ninty and Sony have revealed some of their big guns but where's the big XBOX announcements?
Old 04-24-03, 10:12 AM
dgc

Deus Ex 2
Half-Life 2
Doom 3
Halo 2
True Crime: Streets of L.A.
Perfect Dark
Old 04-24-03, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm looking forward to....

Metal Gear Solid 3 : I'm really curious to see what Konami and Hideo Kojima have in store for us.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Like my fellow poster said, this one will bring back some good memorys. I'd like it to be more of a stealth/adventure game than just an action/beat 'em up game.

Sly Cooper : I can't believe more people didn't buy the first one. This is about as deep a game as you'll find on the PS2. I'm looking forward to the sequal.

True Crime; Streets of L.A. : I'm as curious as the next guy to see what this is like.

Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 3 : This is supposed to be revealed at E3. Let's hope it is.

Splinter Cell : Okay I know I was down on Splinter Cell a couple of weeks ago. But this is testimony to what a little persistance will do. I went out and purchased the game and I'm really enjoying it ( I'd like to thank my fellow DVDTalkers for being right about this one). I hope that Ubi Soft can tighten up some of the story elements and make the next one a more "complete package".

Grand Theft Auto: I'm like alot of people, I want to see what's next from Rockstar.

This is one on my wish list, the one game I'd like to be surprised with coming out of E3 is ( drumroll)

Battletoads!! : This is a forgotten classic that is really begging to be updated. It might actually make me buy an XBox.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.