Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

need help from those who have seen sling blade

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-03, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

obviously spoilers inside so if you havent seen the movie, you might want to leave....

ok, so i sit down to watch the movie (on VHS, confiscated from the paretnal's house) as a study break. well, i guess i should have realized the evilness of vhs right then and there, but no, watching it on vhs is not the worst part... i get right to the part where he had vaughn (the gay guy) take frank and his mom over to his house and he is sitting on the couch with a sharpened lawn mower blade. dole (or whatever his name is) asks him what he is doing with that lawnmower blade and carl asnwers, i reckon i was gonna kill you with it. and voila, the movie shuts off. end of tape. major sucktitude. now, obviously i should be studying so i dont have time to run down to the video store and go get a copy of this, but arggggggggg--the suspense is killin me!!!! can anyone give me a blow by blow account of what happens??? otherwise i have to wait until tests are over on may 9th, which is hella long away, to figure it out. muchas gracias!
Old 04-21-03, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
From what I remember:

Spoiler:
He kills Dwight Yoakam. Then he calls 911 and says they need to bring an ambulance or a hearse (referring to what Dwight said, I think). Then he ends back up at the mental hospital and gets pissed at J.T. Walsh for telling his dirty stories.
Old 04-22-03, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
yeah, what he said.
Old 04-22-03, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That must be frustrating for you, krukhl.
Old 04-22-03, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler:
Doyle (Dwight Yoakam) says, "Fair enough. Just dial 9-1-1 and ask them to send an ambulance - or a hearse, I guess." Then Karl (Billy Bob Thornton) gets up and gives two whacks to Doyle right on the head. He walks into the kitchen and dials 9-1-1- and tells them that he just killed Doyle. He also tells them that the second whack nearly split Doyle's head in two. He mentions the ambulance/hearse commit and tells them that he will be waiting for them to arrive. He then sits down with a jar of mustard and spreads some on a piece of bread/biscuit? and takes a bite. Fade to black.

Fade in to Karl sitting next to Charles (J.T. Walsh) and staring out the window. Charles is telling Karl about the last girl he kidnapped and tortured. He liked her the best because he let her live a few days longer than the rest. He usualy loses interest quickly, but he kept this one alive. He also stuck a rag in her mouth and taped it up with duct tape. She couldn't complain that loudly after that. Charles then tells Karl that he doesn't like people who talk too much. He likes to do all the talking. That's why he likes Karl because he doesn't talk too much.

Charles asks Karl what it was like to be out in the real world. Karl says it was nice and that he met a boy and became friends with him. Charles says, "I bet you did." He implies that Karl had some sort of sexual relationship with the boy by saying he doesn't bend that way, but whatever Karl liked was okay with him. He just wanted to hear some details. He asked Karl if he killed the boy. Karl then tells Charles that he doesn't want to listen to him anymore. He then says he doesn't want to hear him speak anymore at all. Charles looks surprised and then gets up and walks away taking his chair with him.

This was on Bravo yesterday. That's why I remember so much of the last few scenes.
Old 04-22-03, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what they said.

such a great film.
Old 04-27-03, 01:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those guys stole the words from my mouth, I agree with everything they said above.

"I'll have some more of 'dem french fried potaters, I reckon, hhhhmmm mmmm....'