TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Boomtown Finale 4/20

Old 04-21-03, 12:49 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Boomtown Finale 4/20

I thought it was pretty good.

They resolved the situation with Joel and his wife and the story with Tom possibly being a rat was interesting.

I hope NBC brings it back for another season.
Old 04-21-03, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Not one of my favorites. Hopefully, this isn't the last we see of it.
Old 04-21-03, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
I liked last night's episode, too. The story about Joel and his wife was decent. But the best part of the show was Tom acting like a snitch to get back at Trumper and IA. It had me going for a while.

Me likes Joel's wife and Theresa the EMT.

I do hope NBC pics this up. It really has the potential for greatness. I won't get my hopes up, because I don't want to get let down again. They already screwed me this season w/ Robbery Homicide Division - which never got a chance since they put it on Friday nights.
Old 04-21-03, 11:45 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought this was a great episode, and I definitely hope it comes back next year. Easily my favorite current show (though I have to preface that by saying I don't watch much TV and haven't seen a lot of the newer shows on other networks).

I'd love to see a DVD release of this season as well.
Old 04-21-03, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Salon Article "Boomtown: Reinventing the McDrama"
4/21/03

I haven't seen the show yet -- I really don't like police shows. I wish they'd quit making such good ones.

http://www.salon.com/ent/tv/review/2.../index_np.html
Old 04-21-03, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth adamblast •<HR SIZE=1>Salon Article "Boomtown: Reinventing the McDrama"
4/21/03

I haven't seen the show yet -- I really don't like police shows. I wish they'd quit making such good ones.

http://www.salon.com/ent/tv/review/2.../index_np.html
<HR SIZE=1>

Absolutely fantastic article, right down to its unflinching criticism of cheese like CSI and the recent silliness of The Practice.

das
Old 04-21-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
Just got to see this. Great episode. Glad to see Tom wasn't a sellout snitch for IA. I wonder if they pick this up, if DA McNorris will be back. They could play that angle either way.
Old 04-21-03, 10:54 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts
I can't believe this is the last episode of the season, that is by far my top show,

I love donnie, and neal mcdonough is great asthe ADA.

Best show on tv, all the cast perform brilliantly.

I think it will be back and hopefully in a better timeslot.

its time to change up Thursday night.
Old 04-22-03, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I can't believe this is the last episode of the season, that is by far my top show,

I love donnie, and neal mcdonough is great asthe ADA.

Best show on tv, all the cast perform brilliantly.

I think it will be back and hopefully in a better timeslot.

its time to change up Thursday night.
Thursday night for this show going against the CBS lineup is pretty much a death sentence for the show.
Old 04-22-03, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk God

If I ran NBC, I'd move ER to Sunday, L&O to Thursday, and Boomtown to Wednesday.
Old 04-22-03, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,028 Likes on 4,116 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
If I ran NBC, I'd move ER to Sunday, L&O to Thursday, and Boomtown to Wednesday.
I like the way you think, Red Dog. If I were the NBC exec, I would leave ER alone for at least one more year, Put L&O at 9pm, Boomtown at 10 and can The West Wing (or at least move it to 9PM Sunday with L&O CI at 10). Boomtown is far too good a show to kill, and I think NBC knows it. At least I hope they do. It's bad enough to see it "dumbed down" a bit later in the season to be "less confusing", to see it cancelled would be a real shame.

As far as a DVD release; it's the one network drama that I would consider buying as a set.
Old 04-22-03, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Decker
I like the way you think, Red Dog. If I were the NBC exec, I would leave ER alone for at least one more year, Put L&O at 9pm, Boomtown at 10 and can The West Wing (or at least move it to 9PM Sunday with L&O CI at 10). Boomtown is far too good a show to kill, and I think NBC knows it. At least I hope they do. It's bad enough to see it "dumbed down" a bit later in the season to be "less confusing", to see it cancelled would be a real shame.

As far as a DVD release; it's the one network drama that I would consider buying as a set.

WW is a great show (although it is slipping) even though I disagree with most of the issues they raise politically. It has consistently been in the top-20 or 30 so it isn't going anywhere.

Bad idea to put L&O against CSI - too much common viewership. The idea is for L&O to siphon off CSI viewers away from Without a Trace at 10. ER beats Without a Trace, but L&O would destroy it because most CSI viewers probably already watch L&O.

ER can stand on its own on Sunday in the 10 pm slot.

The Wednesday 10 pm slot is rather benign so Boomtown could really pick up an audience there. Plus I think it actually fits there with WW, stylistically.