Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Daniel Lanois, "Shine"

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Daniel Lanois, "Shine"

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-03, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daniel Lanois, "Shine"

Has anybody else had the pleasure of listening to this excellent album? Set for release on April 22, this is going to be one of the best CDs of the year, guaranteed. A stream of the entire album is available here http://media.epitaph.com/_tmp/stream...nois-Shine.ram , although the Real compression really takes a lot of the ambiance and environment away.

If you have never heard of Danny Lanois, he's definately worth checking out.. if you like the stream, go buy the CD, and listen to it without the nasty compression!

So, anybody else like Danny's solo stuff besides for me?
Old 04-20-03, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like his music and production quite a bit. I saw him in concert in '89 and it was fascinating. I think his first disc is wonderful, but I wasn't into "Winona" as much. It's been close to 10 years since his last effort. Wow.
Old 06-23-03, 04:05 AM
Banned

I will say that this is far and away the best album I've heard in 2003. If not the best of the past 2 or 3 years.
Old 09-03-03, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wanted to bump up my own thread here after seeing Daniel Lanois for the second time this year. I go to thousands of dollars worth of concerts every year (not an exaggeration), and I listen to a ton of music, but Daniel Lanois takes the cake in my collection.

If you haven't heard Shine or one of his other two albums, it would be well worth your time to invest a couple hours in them. If he plays within a couple hours of your town, you won't be disappointed if you go see him.