Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about an Italian disc (Bellucci related)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-03, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anyone could confirm to me that the following two discs are the same

http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=978

and the same disc offered from an Italian etailer
http://www.dvd.it/index.cgi?page=det...s=Y&arti=25622
...which does not seem to have any ifno on the sub options.

If anyone indeed confirms that the above info from Xploted cinema applies to the Itaian disc shown above as well I will place an order asap.

On a side note ...anyone used these guys before could you please leave some feedback, I would like to hear how long does it take for a disc to arrive from Italy to the States.
Old 04-17-03, 08:21 PM

It's the exact same disc.

DVD.it is a great site. You linked to the Italian version, but you can click in the upper right corner of the page for the English language site. You'll probably also be surprised to see the price drop even more after you've registered as a customer. That disc's price drops to 14.16 euros after registering, quite a bit less than Xploited's usual mark-up. Mail from Italy can take a few weeks, but DVD.it is no slower than any other Italian e-tailers I've used. It seems like a reliable vendor to me, and the prices are the lowest I've seen for Italian discs.

Last edited by Sartana; 04-17-03 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-17-03, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Thank you for the info. In fact, I was able to confirm that this is indeed the same disc a few hours after I posted my question. The problem is that even after I registered and they substracted the VAT I will still end up paying 1.80$ less than what I would pay if I go with xploitedcinema. The shipping is almost 11 Euro for a single disc.

I am considering going with Xploited since you never know what might happen to the disc in the mail...communication I suppose would be easier with xploited.

However if one does get 2 discs I assume that one needs to go with the original source.

so...we will see. Have you shopped from them before?

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 04-17-03 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-17-03, 11:38 PM

All my orders with DVD.it have been for multiple discs, so the shipping cost was worth it. I'd also recommend DVDland.it for Italian discs, especially if you're only ordering one or two titles. They're a smaller outfit and they don't discount as heavily as DVD.it, but their shipping something like $4 or $5. Their service is also good.

I've never purchased anything from Xploited because their prices are so heavily marked up. Everything there seems to be above list price, sometimes way above. I guess a domestic importer could be convenient if you're only ordering one disc, but I don't even like to pay list price, let alone MORE than list price.
Old 04-18-03, 07:20 AM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts
The S&H charge to the USA at DVD.it is:

Prices in Euros
$10.91 for 1-6 DVDs
$13.86 for 7-12 DVDs
$16.82 for 13-? DVDs

I just received a package of 4 DVDs from them two weeks ago. It was shipped UPS Express from Italy on April 4th and was delivered here in the USA on April 7th.

I recommend them. I've placed about 4 orders, with no problems.

Last edited by TheBigDave; 04-18-03 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-18-03, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

AutumnNights......these were EXACTLY my thoughts! I believe that I have to decide now whether I could afford to get a few other discs or not.

BIGDave....thank you for the info.
Old 04-18-03, 05:49 PM

I guess I should make it clear that I've never had my orders shipped via UPS Express, which as TheBigDave points out can get you your order in 3 days. And you're still saving a couple bucks over the Xploited's price, even if you only order one disc.
Old 04-18-03, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Thank you for all suggestions and comments-BigDave, Sartana, and AutumnNights.

I have decided to place an order for total of 3 movies with the Italians....so we shall wait and see how this one goes.

I mainly buy R2 discs from French etailers, as my main interest is French cinema, so this will be my first time with the "Boot".