Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Last Call.... What?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Last Call.... What?

Old 04-12-03, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last Call.... WTF?

Did anyone see friday nights Last Call with carson daily? Usually I don't see this tool's show on purpose, it's just after conan and my lazy arse never has enough will to get off whatever it is I'm laying on. Anyhow what the hell happened? Did some Exec's decide that they needed to make it a hip, wild and crazy show now? they have the Man show style dancers for real reason other then hey, Dancing half nakkid looking skanks sell ad space right... They also added a Bennihann's (sp) section. I guess Carson or one of the producers wanted to get free food from the place for the plug. Next they added the NY announcer and made the set look really bare bones with the grid showing on camera every chance it could be shown.

Finally you see the DJ mixing and they had a Mic off or whatever it's called.

And I thought this tool was trying to move away from the TRL lifestyle and become a legit interview show. It just looks like a mess now
Old 04-12-03, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JackS: you could've got the explanation if you saw the begining. supposedly they made a big deal because they got "the whole room" for the show. the idea to make it hip (read: stupid and tacky) was pretty dumb, though.