Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

I just watched Cher Farewell Concert, don't you think it had too many commercials?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

I just watched Cher Farewell Concert, don't you think it had too many commercials?

Old 04-08-03, 09:17 PM
Rest in Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started my new JVC Vhs Vcr to record during the first commercial break I rewound to see what kind of Picture and sound. Yowza it was like looking at her show, I used a Maxell Xl Hi-Fi in S.P. the sound in my Sennheiser 5 sounds into headphones was all over my head. I belive it was shot OAR 1.85:1 as i had the set set for full and her face nor anyone elses had any heavy stretched look. Even some of the commercials were 2.35.1 Anamorphic.

Unless you like Cher born May 20, 1946 a year before I was born, and some members here called me dad LOL. She sure didn't look like the gal on 1965 Hullabaloo singing with her BF Sony Bono "I got you Babe"! She had one song on with a big logo of NBC in the right bottom corner of my W/S HDTV.

She would sing one song then 5 minutes of digital spam. I turned it off after 15 minutes I hate commercials. There were split screens and 2.35:1 Anamorphic screens seen. My hopes of seeing the Cher to the actress I knew in Witches of Eastwick or Moonstruck in 1987.

Information about her age came from a quick hop accross the pond to the IMDb who when I looked up movie "Good Times" it would be a strong lead to see she has made a icon of herself, and uses the term bitchslap very often; must have had lunch with Madonna once too often.

BTW the show is being broadcast on NBC, if you want to catch the still playing show go now.

Last edited by danol; 04-08-03 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-09-03, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you're looking for VHS Talk. It's held once every 120 days (or every 360 days if you're an EP person) at Studio 54. Be sure to bring plenty of quills and your own blotter. It's easy to get to and the streetcar will only set you back two bits.
Old 04-09-03, 11:59 PM
Rest in Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newmanoid

I posted a music concert in music talk, now don't give me a hard time with quills and chills. LOL