TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

According to Jim

Old 04-08-03, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
According to Jim

Why is this show still on? The only reason I watch this show is for Kimberly Williams and Courtney Thorne Smith in HD. Can anyone see her married to a guy like Jim Belushi? She is so totally miscast- has she ever done a day of housework in her life?

Is anyone else tired of seeing these young, incredibly beautiful women married to these middle-aged overweight schlubs? They'ld never do the opposite- young guy, older woman- it might just be nice for a change.

This show is poor, poor, poor. I have to admit I thought one episode with the kids sleeping over was cute, but other than that, it's blah. Jim Belushi just spends most of his time mugging to the camera. Now that's talent.

Last edited by Eric F; 04-08-03 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-09-03, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Strangely, I enjoy watching this show, although it's nothing special. Courtney Thorne Smith is horribly miscast, but not because she's attractive - she's just not very good in the role, and I find her character incredibly annoying. She tries to hard to do comedy, and it so often falls flat or is embarassingly over the top. In fact, I wonder how Jim stays with her not the other way around.

Kimberly Williams in HD, however, is more than enough justifcation for this show to run for 10 more years, so back off!

das
Old 04-09-03, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Strangely, I enjoy watching this show, although it's nothing special.

Kimberly Williams is more than enough justifcation for this show to run for 10 more years, so back off!

das
Yep, I have found myself watching it, too - along w/ "8 Simple Rules... and "Life w/ Bonnie" and "Less than Perfect". All the shows have their merits, but I have watched them mostly the last couple of months since we haven't had any new Gilmore Girls or Smallville episodes released in about a freaking year (although that changes next week - finally). Of course these shows just help me bide my time until NYPD Blue comes on.

das, Kimberly Williams looks amazing in "According to Jim" - it doesn't look like she has aged. She definitely makes it more enjoyable. Even though Courtney Thorne Smith is miscast, she is still nice to look at, imo.

Connie Britton (from "Spin City") looked great in that new show that was on right before NYPD Blue.
Old 04-09-03, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Critics are tearing it a new one, but I enjoyed the premiere of Lost at Home (and Connie Britton). Much like 8 Simple Rules ..., it's a family show that doesn't descend into Full House lameness. I haven't had a chance to catch last night's episode yet, though.

das
Old 04-09-03, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Courtney only has that "exasperated" look in her repertoire for comedy. But I can still remember her in the skin-tight surfer bodysuit in "Summer School" way back in 1986...
Old 04-09-03, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Courtney only has that "exasperated" look in her repertoire for comedy. But I can still remember her in the skin-tight surfer bodysuit in "Summer School" way back in 1986...
Camo bikini in Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise.........
Old 04-09-03, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey
Critics are tearing it a new one, but I enjoyed the premiere of Lost at Home (and Connie Britton).

The wives are a lot of the reason I watch these shows. According to Jim, King of queens, Lost at Home, etc. Yes I do notice that these "marriages" are not very likely, but who's complaining?
Old 04-09-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the show.
It's not the best show ever, but I enjoy it each week.
I don't mind the mis-matched couples, it's kinda funny.

Same goes for:
King of Queens
Still Standing
and to a much lesser extent but same type of comedy:
Everybody Loves Raymond
Yes Dear
8 Simple Rules