Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Superman Deluxe Collection???!!

whomod
04-05-03, 02:12 AM
My father in law works somewhere in L.A. where they make boxes and packaging of all sorts including DVD deluxe cases. Knowing I'm a huge DC Comics and Superman fan he informed me that they were making some Superman senitypes (that's the photo with a frame of actual film stock a la the Spider-Man box set) featuring a photo of Superman flying thru the air. They were numbered and the lettering contained the words "Superman: The Movie The Deluxe Collection.

I just did a search of Amazon.com and havent seen this advertised so it's probably a ways away. I don't know if this is going to be just a repackaged Superman DVD or if this will be part of some Ultimate Edition. Anyone else know anything on this??

My dream is that it is indeed a new box set with a remastered copy of Eps # II-IV

djtoell
04-05-03, 02:15 AM
Sounds to me like it'll just be a repackaging of the currently-available DVD. Warner has done a number of these deluxe packages.

DJ

RobCA
04-05-03, 11:39 AM
Is this (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000087F5Z/qid=1049564310/sr=1-16/) what you're talking about?

Rob

gutwrencher
04-05-03, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by RobCA
Is this (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000087F5Z/qid=1049564310/sr=1-16/) what you're talking about?

Rob

I ordered this from Amazon last week. cant wait to get it. people have said they cant find it but Amazon has had it for awhile now.

ckolchak
04-05-03, 02:29 PM
i'm tempted to buy this just to hve a nice, framable mini-version of that wonderful Bob Peak poster ( i've seen specs that say the poster is a full 27"x41" one-sheet size, but i find that very very hard to believe).
i don't really need the lobby cards or the matted movie frame- and what is that- a movie program?
i already have the original to that also.

guess i could sell some of the other stuff off piece meal and recoup some of the cost...

whomod
04-05-03, 02:45 PM
yep. Thats exactly it!

So I guess they're making more of these.

It's a bit pricey though. Luckily my in-law managed to get one of the senitypes. :D