DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : kill bill??

atari2600
04-05-03, 01:48 AM
this is a tarantino movie? has uma in it but i swear while watching this preview (before phone booth) i was like 'no effing way' (because they tell you its a taratino film before it starts...)

its like a cross between sleeping tiger, hidden dragon (or whatever its called) and matrix.

tarantino? am i missing something here?

it looks pretty good though.

caiman
04-05-03, 01:58 AM
Where have you been for the last two years?

atari2600
04-05-03, 02:02 AM
i dunno...i just think of pulp fiction and reservoir dogs...

what has he directed recently (i have no idea! :))

caiman
04-05-03, 02:04 AM
His last movie was Jackie Brown in 1997. Kill Bill is his big "comeback" movie ( :rolleyes: ), and has been rumored about and discussed for quite a while now.

atari2600
04-05-03, 02:09 AM
ok whats the problem with me being shocked at him making a film like this - jackie brown totally supports my case even further. just because im not aware of the latest tarantino rumors doenst make me wrong.

Trigger
04-05-03, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by atari2600
ok whats the problem with me being shocked at him making a film like this - jackie brown totally supports my case even further. just because im not aware of the latest tarantino rumors doenst make me wrong. No problem really, it just means you aren't a huge internet geek who spends all your time looking stuff up about directors and movies and upcoming projects and whatnot like the rest of us. Tarantino, as is widely known, has always had big love for old kung-fu movies and has always wanted to make one. He finally did and here it is.

I'm excited for it personally cuz I'm a geek.

caiman
04-05-03, 03:49 PM
ok whats the problem with me being shocked at him making a film like this - jackie brown totally supports my case even further. just because im not aware of the latest tarantino rumors doenst make me wrong.

I didn't really mean to make it sound like you were wrong or something. Did I suggest that somehow?

RyoHazuki
04-05-03, 04:16 PM
OMG YOU MEAN KILL BILL DOESNT HAVE A BUNCH OF FOUL MOUTHED CRIMINALS TALKING ABOUT CULT TV SHOWS!?!?!!? SCREW THAT! Tarantinos movies dont have to be all the same. If you watch that trailer and it doesnt seem tounge-in-cheek to you then you have serious problems. This film looks great.

atari2600
04-05-03, 04:17 PM
nah, sorry.

i need to improve my internet geekiness i guess :)

atari2600
04-05-03, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
OMG YOU MEAN KILL BILL DOESNT HAVE A BUNCH OF FOUL MOUTHED CRIMINALS TALKING ABOUT CULT TV SHOWS!?!?!!? SCREW THAT! Tarantinos movies dont have to be all the same. If you watch that trailer and it doesnt seem tounge-in-cheek to you then you have serious problems. This film looks great.

yo screw you and your own problems. i said it looks good. and most directors usually have similar styles through out their films. they deviate but nothing like this.

calm down.

caiman
04-05-03, 04:47 PM
most directors usually have similar styles through out their films. they deviate but nothing like this.

Francis Ford Coppola - <b>The Godfather, Jack</b>

Stanley Kubrick - <b>Sparticus, 2001</b>

Martin Scorsese - <b>Cape Fear, Age of Innocence</b>

Peter Jackson - <b>Bad Taste, Lord of the Rings</b>

David Lynch - <b>Eraserhead, The Straight Story</b>

Sam Raimi - <b>Evil Dead, Spiderman</b>

I think you get the point.

Corvin
04-05-03, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by caiman
Francis Ford Coppola - <b>The Godfather, Jack</b>

Stanley Kubrick - <b>Sparticus, 2001</b>

Martin Scorsese - <b>Cape Fear, Age of Innocence</b>

Peter Jackson - <b>Bad Taste, Lord of the Rings</b>

David Lynch - <b>Eraserhead, The Straight Story</b>

Sam Raimi - <b>Evil Dead, Spiderman</b>

Yeah, we get the point that you're not cutting the kid any slack.

For each director that takes such huge leaps there are four or five that never try anything new.

And RyoHazuki7--for all you know, Kill Bill could contain a bunch of rants by foul-mouthed killers on the topic of pop culture.

caiman
04-05-03, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Corvin
Yeah, we get the point that you're not cutting the kid any slack.

Hey, if someone says something I can argue with, I'll argue it. He seems like a tough guy, he can handle it.

Rypro 525
04-05-03, 06:06 PM
I didn't see any prieveiw of this during phone booth.

badger1997
04-05-03, 06:18 PM
Hey, if someone says something I can argue with, I'll argue it. He seems like a tough guy, he can handle it. Nice attitude. :rolleyes:

MurraySiskind
04-05-03, 07:44 PM
I just watched the trailer at www.kill-bill.com and i can see what atari2600 is responding to. The trailer doesn't look like a Tarantino movie at all. It's two minutes of sword fighting without a scrap of dialogue and looks more like Charlie's Angels than Pulp Fiction. BUT, having said that, Tarantino has not made a bad film yet, not even close. So I'm not going to make any judgements based on this trailer. If that's how they want to sell it then that's how they want to sell it.

Rypro 525
04-05-03, 07:54 PM
If anyone is interested, here is the script
http://come.to/killbill

atari2600
04-05-03, 09:03 PM
Hey, if someone says something I can argue with, I'll argue it. He seems like a tough guy, he can handle it.

yeah i can handle it and i was going to say the exact same thing he did. there are always exceptions but they dont make the rule.

this movie is NOTHING like his other stuff and i was shocked. whats the big deal?

lesterlong
04-05-03, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Corvin
..And RyoHazuki7--for all you know, Kill Bill could contain a bunch of rants by foul-mouthed killers on the topic of pop culture.

Unless they decided to go with a different script then it doesn't. I read it and I'm not holding my breath. No witty dialogue, a predictable story, and a ridiculous over the top cameo of QT himself.

caiman
04-05-03, 11:14 PM

this movie is NOTHING like his other stuff and i was shocked. whats the big deal?

Did I make it seem like a big deal?

caiman
04-05-03, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by badger1997
Nice attitude. :rolleyes:

Oh, maybe I should have added a big :) to show that my comment wasn't all that serious.

jough
04-06-03, 12:02 AM
Kill Bill is just foreplay to get Q's juices flowing and get him back on his game as a director again. It's his follow-up to it that I'm excited about.

It looks to be a fun movie, as long as you bring some crackers with you to the theatre to go with that cheese.

-- Jough

RichC2
04-06-03, 12:14 AM
Considering the inspiration it seems to be drawing from, the movie looks like a load of fun. It looks like a less over-the-top (yes its possible) rendition of Fudoh: The New Generation... This was actually triggered by seeing Chigusa from Battle Royale spinning a spiked ball around in a school girl outfit.

And considering the fact it may supposidly be a 3 hour movie (or 2 x 1.5 hour movies.), I can't friggin' wait. (from imdb a few months ago.)

Sam Raimi - Evil Dead, Spiderman

...bad example.

caiman
04-06-03, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by RichC2

...bad example.

Care to explain why?

cultshock
04-06-03, 12:34 AM
I can't wait to see it!! It looks like a big homage/love letter to all the exploitation films Tarantino grew up on (kung-fu films, chambara eiga, it being a loose remake of "They Call Her One Eye", etc).

I've read half the script (I had to stop myself, because I wanted to be somewhat surprised with the film) and when you read the dialogue, it definitely seems like a Tarantino film.

PolloDiablo
04-06-03, 01:05 AM
Care to explain why?

I know I'm not involved in this little exchange you guys are having but I had to step in here. Its a bad example because Evil Dead I & II and Army of Darkness were pretty much completely Sam's movies, he wrote and directed them, as well as handling many other jobs/tasks associated with the films. Whereas Spider-Man on the other hand was made from a screenplay written by David Koepp adapted from a comic written by Stan Lee & Steve Ditko. I'm sure any idiot can see how that might just change the style of the film a bit, I don't think the studio would let him include to many decapitations and chainsaw wielding headless zombies in Spider-Man.

RyoHazuki
04-06-03, 01:06 AM
Jeez i leave the thread after my post and it becomes a flame war. So i guess its Atari, badger, and corvin against me and caiman. Sorry guys but Tarantino doesnt have to keep remaking the same movie over and over again. He's trying new things. Calm down. I know Tarantino is like God around here and if you saw Jesus drinking a bottle of Vodka instead of the wine a lot of people would be angry too.

PolloDiablo
04-06-03, 01:09 AM
And regarding Kill Bill, unless someone was a major Tarantino fan and knew of his fondness for Kung-fu films before seeing the trailer for Kill Bill then it is understandable that they would be a little shocked by the fact that this film was being made by the same man who made: Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, True Romance (wrote it), & Jackie Brown.

PolloDiablo
04-06-03, 01:13 AM
I know Tarantino is like God around here and if you saw Jesus drinking a bottle of Vodka instead of the wine a lot of people would be angry too.

I don't see anyone angry over the fact that Tarantino is making Kill Bill, I for one am extremely anxious to see this film, and have been since I heard about it over a year ago. Quentin has put out enough good films to earn my trust and respect in him as a filmmaker and I will be excited about anything the man makes.

atari2600
04-06-03, 04:21 AM
i didnt say he had to. i was just surprised hes making such a new film.

badger1997
04-06-03, 08:26 AM
On the Sam Rami example..maybe a better one would be....

Evil Dead and For Love of the Game