Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else watching WB's 'On the Spot'?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-03, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've watched the first 3 episodes so far and plan to stick with it. It's an interesting twist on the 'who's line' type shows and I've always wished for more improv on TV. I haven't seen any threads on this show, so am I the only one?
Old 04-04-03, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you even need to ask?

Yeah, I've been checking it out. It's pretty clever in some parts but annoying in others. I haven't really decided if I like it or not. I think they could probably merge the improv into the show a bit better, but I'll give it some time to develop.

das
Old 04-04-03, 06:06 PM

I watched it last week when they re ran the first episode and showed the second episode in the same night. I really liked it, especially the second one where the one girl used to be a popstar in Japan. I completely forgot about it last night. There was just too much on last night with CSI, Good Morning Miami, and Smackdown.
Old 04-04-03, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey
I think they could probably merge the improv into the show a bit better, but I'll give it some time to develop.
I think I know what you mean; two episodes (out of 3) have already had debates over who's line was supposed to be redone after a poorly timed "ding"- just run with it and give us a funny line already.

Originally posted by WWE Jedi
I really liked it, especially the second one where the one girl used to be a popstar in Japan.
This has been my favorite so far if only because of her costume. Well that and them having Tenacious D on as the Little Brenda Dynamite cover band.

Speaking of musical guest stars, was that really Lisa Loeb who appeared for all of two seconds in the pilot episode? I tried checking IMDB for info but their page on this show is strangely blank at the moment... http://us.imdb.com/Title?0358864

Glad I'm not the only one watching this show.
Old 04-04-03, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lisa Loeb is dating that Zappa guy who runs the band, so yes, it really was her.

It's ok. I don't care for "Good Morning Miami", and this is a good subsitute. Chip Esten (the host) really cracked me up when he was on "Whose Line". He doesn't do much in the show, but I still like to see him.
Old 04-05-03, 12:57 AM

i'm watching it while taping gmm. looks good so far. but the singing couple is really going to get on my nerves unless they do something besides sing weird songs in weird costumes all the time.