Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

xbox controller s

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-03, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xbox controller s

has anyone else found any other controllers to be as good or better than this one for the xbox? Where are the best deals for them?
Old 04-04-03, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The s controller is superb. No 3rd party controller comes close.

I wish I could use it on my PS2 as well as my XBox. I really like the Dual Shock, but Microsoft hit the nail on the head when they designed the s.
Old 04-05-03, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I been using the microcon thing, i think its made by mad catz or something like that.

Its nice and small.
Old 04-05-03, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

controller s is great
Old 04-05-03, 08:52 PM

I think I'm the only one that likes the orginal fatty one.
Old 04-05-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not All.............

Originally posted by Shay
You are not the only one. I love the original controller and so all my friends. I tried the s controller and I didn't like it.

Do they still make the original controller? I haven't seen one for a while in the stores.
Old 04-05-03, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nope, my brother and I use them, but my girlfriend, who has smaller hands, prefers the S I have. I think they originally designed the system for adults and were going for comfort on big hands, it just turns out not everyone's hands are big.

Speaking of the big one, did they stop making them, I need to get a fourth controller, and almost everyone only has the small controller.
Old 04-06-03, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am a fatty type of guy
Old 04-06-03, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

my roommate got a controller s and noone uses it.... we all hate it and like the original
course i had a dreamcast and so did he before so we're probably used to it hehe
Old 04-06-03, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, they have quit making the original xbox "fat" controller. Only the type S will be made from now on.
Old 04-06-03, 04:30 AM
Banned

Speedyray - I have my original pack-in pad, which I replaced immediately with an S and never really used. I hate it. If you really need to hunt one down, make me an offer. I can put the money towards another S. :-)

Will - [email protected]
Old 04-06-03, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts

I love the fat controller too.

However, recently I purchased that X-men 3-D Fighter and I 've found the S controller a better fit.
Old 04-06-03, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Shimmer35
Yes, they have quit making the original xbox "fat" controller. Only the type S will be made from now on.
Thankfully, this is not true. The original is still being manufactured, but it is not carried by as many retailers. They can be purchaced at Electonics Boutique, and other retailers that specialize in gaming systems and accessories. I've seen them at Best Buy B&M and they carry them at bestbuy.com.

I love the larger controller, so I've checked into this. I also thought it had been discontinued, but it hasn't. It's just that many large retailers don't carry it anymore.
Old 04-06-03, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like the S - it's sturdy, heavy, and the buttons feel extremely solid. The Gamecube controller is still my favorite though.
Old 04-06-03, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just recently converted to the Controller "S" from the original "fatty" one. Having all three systems, I just found it was an easier transition going from a GC controller - Dual Shock - Controller S. I did like the original controller, but after playing the other two systems for a while, and then coming back to it, it just felt enormous.
Old 04-06-03, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hmm... i have an original in good condition. i have smaller hands so the s works better for me. anyone up for a trade?
Old 04-07-03, 01:53 AM

i got the S controller. never really tried the original but that thing is huge. the S controller is still bigger than ps2
Old 04-07-03, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the PS2 feels the lest solid out of all 3 systems, but it's the most functional. I wish it was built better.
Old 04-07-03, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by greatjedi
Thankfully, this is not true. The original is still being manufactured, but it is not carried by as many retailers. They can be purchaced at Electonics Boutique, and other retailers that specialize in gaming systems and accessories. I've seen them at Best Buy B&M and they carry them at bestbuy.com.

I love the larger controller, so I've checked into this. I also thought it had been discontinued, but it hasn't. It's just that many large retailers don't carry it anymore.
Where did you check into this? Just wondering. Just about every store here doesn't carry them anymore and all newly manufactured systems come with the s packed in. If there is one on the shelf it is probably because it is old stock. Microsoft is not going to continue to manufacture two controllers, it's not very cost effecient for them or retailers.

If I am wrong no biggie, it happens. I am not an all knowing game god like some here but I think I read somewhere about this.

Last edited by Shimmer35; 04-07-03 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-07-03, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I could be wrong too, but I was at Electronics Boutique a couple weeks ago when they got a shipment in. I was surprised, and asked if they were still being made. I was told they were. Also, I can't find any information on the Xbox website to prove otherwise. I like the old controller, and I know I'm not the only one. I think it's in Microsoft's best interest to keep making them.
Like I said though, I could be wrong.
Old 04-07-03, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love the S controller, with 1 caveat... it sucks for 6 button arcade fighters.... but I like it better than most control pads, as long as I am not playing a Capcom 2D fighter.
Old 04-07-03, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by greatjedi
I could be wrong too, but I was at Electronics Boutique a couple weeks ago when they got a shipment in. I was surprised, and asked if they were still being made. I was told they were. Also, I can't find any information on the Xbox website to prove otherwise. I like the old controller, and I know I'm not the only one. I think it's in Microsoft's best interest to keep making them.
Like I said though, I could be wrong.
Yeah, I like both myself. Either one is a great controller for me. I like it better than the gc controller and just as much as the ps2 controller. I couldn't find anything on the subject either so I guess.... who cares It would be nice to know though either way, because I am sure many who like the old controller would be more inclined to pick one up if they were going to quit making them.