24 4/1/03 12am-1am

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-03, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 4/1/03 12am-1am

Alright episode.
Spoiler:
Jack is taking Kate to the guy when he sees someone trailing him. He stops and pulls a gun on the person in the car trailing him. It turns out to be the Iranian guy from CTU(have they actually said his name?). He waits outside in hiding while Jack goes in to talk to the 7th snake. The 7th snake has a 2nd person waiting on the outside and he gives a command to take Kate. The guy pulls a gun on Kate and tells her to get out when out of nowhere the Iranian guy turns out to be the Iranian Jack Bauer and he knocks out the guy. Back inside Jack gets a call from the Iranian guy saying he took out the 2nd guy outside and the 7th snake says it doesn't matter. He says he needs a Warner to get clearance on a plane and since her father is isn't available he needs Kate. He says he won't tell Jack any info unless Kate goes with him. Jack says no at first, but finally agrees. Kate comes in and looks so sad at Jack for betraying her. They go outside and the 7th snake tells Kate to get in the trunk. The Iranian guy is in the darkness and tells Jack that he put a trackign device on the 7th snake's car. At the very end of the episode a sniper starts shooting at them and it looks like the 7th snake is shot, but they don't say anything. Kim's storyline continues and she finally escapes the store from the guy, then the cops break in and shoot the guy who was holding her. The President keeps hesitating the whole episode waiting for Jack to call him. Carrie tells Tony that Michelle was in cahoots with Jack and helped him escape. He asks Michelle and she denies it. Tony then gets Carrie to filter all of her ingoing and outgoing phone calls and emails. That is it.
Old 04-01-03, 08:48 PM
Suspended

Pretty lackluster episode IMO
Old 04-01-03, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
My wife said that just as it got interesting, it was over!
Old 04-01-03, 09:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
ok episode.

At least Kim escaped when she had the chance this time.

The Palmer story is getting tiresome really fast as is the Michelle and the other chick.
Old 04-01-03, 09:05 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now who's shooting at Jack?
Old 04-01-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
The French.
Old 04-01-03, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MrX
At least Kim escaped when she had the chance this time.
Yeah, but presumably there's a warrant for her arrest, which means she's back in police custody.

Also, why did they have the Vice President meet with the British ambassador? Shouldn't he have been meeting with the ambassador from "a European country" or "an ally?"

Last edited by leepyswetr; 04-01-03 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-01-03, 10:35 PM

I slept through it and it sounds like i didn't miss much.

This episode spoiler:
Spoiler:
a tracking device on a car? Ye gods, what were they thinking

Last edited by Mourn; 04-01-03 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-02-03, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
so the coral snake guy only wanted kate b/c she had access to a corporate jet, right?
Old 04-02-03, 01:20 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Deftones
so the coral snake guy only wanted kate b/c she had access to a corporate jet, right?
Unless I missed something, that was the only reason.
Old 04-02-03, 01:32 AM

Originally posted by MrX
Unless I missed something, that was the only reason.

I wonder why he wanted access to a jet maybe he had a falling out with the rest of the Coral Snake team and wanted to get away? And I have to agree with and earlier comment that the Palmer storyline is geting boring hopefully that should change soon.
Old 04-02-03, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm starting to wonder if they do this show on an improv basis...
Old 04-02-03, 03:08 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by DJ_Spyder
I wonder why he wanted access to a jet maybe he had a falling out with the rest of the Coral Snake team and wanted to get away?
I assume for the most part the Coral Snake is dead. They seem like they'd be a special group with a small number of memebers. He wants to run because he's an accesoray with the nuke and he killed 6 people.
Old 04-02-03, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Back to back weak episodes. The excuse that Gregg Henry used to justify Kate Warner being in the show was pretty lame.
Old 04-02-03, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This episode was meh at best.
Old 04-02-03, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I'll give it a "meh" as well.

das
Old 04-02-03, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I will go with the consensus and say that it was decent, not great. This would be a great show only for the ridiculous Kim storylines. Hopefully, next season Jack will be overseas somewhere and Kim will not be involved.
Old 04-02-03, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was really hoping the stupid Kim storylines would start winding their way back into the main storyline like last year, but guess that won't be the case.

[Weekly 'yeah right' scene] Tony took less than 10 minutes to go to the hospital, get X-rays of his ankle, get a walking cast, get crutches, and get back to CTU? [/Weekly 'yeah right' scene]
Old 04-02-03, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I personnally hate that Carrie chick. Why bring her in and have her gun for queen bee within 2-3 weeks. The guy on the phone was right, she is a b*tch and I hope she gets killed off real soon.

As for Kim, they had better as hell be heading towards something where she will be important else why have her there so much for constant filler after filler crap that no one cares about.
Old 04-02-03, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Ok episode. I really was rooting for the robber to shoot Kim while he had the chance but oh well. Palmer's storyline is getting a little drab; hopefully we'll see the whole conspiracy thing rear its ugly head again soon.
Old 04-02-03, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What in the world is with the Michelle/boyfriend(babysitter dude)/Carrie subplot and the kids? How does a computer hacker like Carrie insinuate herself into the position she's in now after only 8 hours?

The rush to retaliate against those "3 countries" is pretty dumb move. Is Michelle in on the conspiracy? She keeps nudging Mike into launching the bombers.

I was hoping Ramone would get shot for the entire episode. That subplot is only there to fill time. Boo.

I'm liking this Youssef dude, though. Talk about strange allies in crisis time.

If Jack was smart, he would have been wired, and let Tony listen in on the conversation with him and the 7th Coral Snake dude. If that wouldn't put the kibosh on this quick strike retaliation, I don't know what would.
Old 04-02-03, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
I assume for the most part the Coral Snake is dead. They seem like they'd be a special group with a small number of memebers. He wants to run because he's an accesoray with the nuke and he killed 6 people.
This was such a slow episode, I'm surprise you didn't hear his explaination. Coral Snake (an 8 man corp) was sent to follow the bomb (by Carl Webb from Palmer's staff?) - they'd been tracking it from afar as explained earlier prior to the airport adventures. The idea was to nab the bomb at the last minute an look like heros. Wallace was alternately contacted to dispose of the rest of his team and plant the forged recording in Syed Ali's house. Also he had to assasinate Ali so that no one would be able to prove the recording was a fake. Someone wants the U.S. to start WW3. Why he needs Kate Warner alone to get a plane didn't make ANY sense to me...

Originally posted by leepyswetr
Yeah, but presumably there's a warrant for her arrest, which means she's back in police custody.

Also, why did they have the Vice President meet with the British ambassador? Shouldn't he have been meeting with the ambassador from "a European country" or "an ally?"
First off, the urgency for Kim to get out of L.A. is gone. She was trying to escape incarceration so she wouldn't be in L.A. when the bomb went off. She is now only going to have to explain everything that happened to her (the wife dead in the truck, etc.). Frankly I don't see how they're going to keep her story even REMOTELY filled with any action for the next 8 hours...

The British are one of our allies - see current Iraq endeavor.

Originally posted by Patman
What in the world is with the Michelle/boyfriend(babysitter dude)/Carrie subplot and the kids? How does a computer hacker like Carrie insinuate herself into the position she's in now after only 8 hours?
Explained when Carrie arrived at CTU - she is replacing Sara Gilbert. She USED to be Michelle's boss and was the only expert around with clearance to do the job. I agree that the "you stole my family" subplot is fakey and tacked on - I thought the lesbian angle would have been more interesting. Still there's plenty of room for catfight action on the CTU floor.

Last edited by rfduncan; 04-02-03 at 07:47 AM.
Old 04-02-03, 07:50 AM

Boy, howdy! That shield finally was sure great!

*refuses to comment on second year of lame duck 24 second half*
Old 04-02-03, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by rfduncan
This was such a slow episode, I'm surprise you didn't hear his explaination. Coral Snake (an 8 man corp) was sent to follow the bomb (by Carl Webb from Palmer's staff?) - they'd been tracking it from afar as explained earlier prior to the airport adventures. The idea was to nab the bomb at the last minute an look like heros.
OK maybe I miss heard our snake friend but I thought he said that the intention all along was for the bomb to go off and that would start the war. The snakes were tracking the bomb but they never had any intention of defusing it or anything like that. Did I misunderstand?
Old 04-02-03, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by rfduncan
The British are one of our allies - see current Iraq endeavor.
Yeah, I know. I was referring to the "3 countries" silliness.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.