DVD Talk
The One/Only ZELDA - Wind Waker thread (plus rate it) [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : The One/Only ZELDA - Wind Waker thread (plus rate it)

Pages : [1] 2

Maryang Palad
03-26-03, 10:03 AM
Well?

random123
03-26-03, 10:14 AM
9, the first few hours were pretty boring and then it got better, i would expect it would continue to get better as i play more so soon i'll rate it a 10

SpacemanSpiff
03-26-03, 10:17 AM
10+

Liver&Onions
03-26-03, 10:28 AM
whoever voted 1, let's see some info on why you think that.
I'd be interested in knowing why you think the game stinks.

Copenhagen
03-26-03, 10:28 AM
Easily a 10.

PixyJunket
03-26-03, 10:40 AM
Based on the first couple of hours I have to say 9..

Why does every game feel the need to start of so damn slow..

Draven
03-26-03, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by pixyboi
Based on the first couple of hours I have to say 9..

Why does every game feel the need to start of so damn slow..

What I found frustrating was that the controls were so similar to Ocarina of Time, that most of the "training" was pretty pointless.

I was like "I already know how to pick up rocks, thanks."

FlashStash
03-26-03, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Draven
What I found frustrating was that the controls were so similar to Ocarina of Time, that most of the "training" was pretty pointless.

Yes, but you can't make that assumption about everyone playing...or yo'd be hearing "I can't even figure out the controls! It's too hard!" I didn't play OOT, and love not having to pick up the manual.

FS

PixyJunket
03-26-03, 11:03 AM

Christ I know what you mean. I hate how every game insists on teaching you how to play, and you can't skip it!! First of all, there's an instruction book, reading is good; second, any game that you can't figure out how to play simply by pushing the buttons and experimenting is probably too complicated for you.

Chopper
03-26-03, 11:10 AM

I'm not positive, but I think that most of the training is optional. For example, I don't remember hitting training for picking up the rocks & I think I'm past where that would have happened. It seems like the only required training (that I can remember) would be for new controls, such as the new sword techniques and swinging on ropes (in the pirate ship). With the other trainings, you can just skip them, I think.

Also, IIRC, in OOT, you couldn't pick up rocks at the start of the game, right? Didn't you need the first bracelet? If someone is thinking that the controls are the exact same, they might also think that they couldn't pick up a rock yet...

Groucho
03-26-03, 11:12 AM
I'm with chopper. There is no "training" to pick up rocks, just an off-hand remark from that woman who walks around with the jug on her head.

Thunderball
03-26-03, 11:23 AM
I'm not a big fan thus far.

this sneaking around level I'm on is very un Zelda like

young
03-26-03, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Liver&Onions
whoever voted 1, let's see some info on why you think that.
I'd be interested in knowing why you think the game stinks.

i voted a 1 b/c there wasn't an option for no rating and i'm too lazy to use the see results button. please disregard my 1 vote.

i'm guessing that the other 2 (as of now) are similar so i'm really dismissing that whole category.

--
i actually like built in tutorials (optional) b/c frankly, i don't read manuals.

Draven
03-26-03, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Groucho
I'm with chopper. There is no "training" to pick up rocks, just an off-hand remark from that woman who walks around with the jug on her head.

I know, it wasn't a requirement. THAT would have really bothered me. And I understand that some people may not have played the other games in the series.

I think I am just kicking myself for actually reading and talking to everyone on the island for half an hour when no one really told me anything that I didn't already know (with the exception of a few of the "required" things you had to do on the island.)

The one and only reason I think tutorials are necessary is for a technique that isn't completely obvious (like the "Split Jump" in Splinter Cell, for example.)

Zelda's are pretty obvious. It just would have saved me some time if I had remembered that.

Gizmo
03-26-03, 12:40 PM
9. Started off a bit slow, but still an awesome game.
I LOVED the opening sequence, as well as all th new characters (Tetra comes to mind). If you have a GBA, GET THE CABLE! The Tingle Tuner is REALLY helpful!

Gizmo
03-26-03, 12:48 PM
I didn't see a previous thread, so post anything about Zelda here. That includes Tips, Tricks, Spoilers, Help, etc.

Gallant Pig
03-26-03, 12:48 PM
I'll do some merging then

Gallant Pig
03-26-03, 12:51 PM
I'll leave the review thread, it'd be too big.

Deftones
03-26-03, 01:43 PM
Well, i'm certainly not 5 hours in, but it's pretty sweet. It's very slow at the beginning as everyone mentioned, but I'm impressed. Am I the only one that thinks the controls/camera aren't as good Super Mario Sunshine?

Groucho
03-26-03, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Thunderball
this sneaking around level I'm on is very un Zelda like I'll drink to that. "I thought I bought Zelda...why am I playing Splinter Cell?"Originally posted by Deftones
Am I the only one that thinks the controls/camera aren't as good Super Mario Sunshine? Yeah...it does feel a little awkward. Getting into first person mode, for instance, is huge pain.

~~ PAL ~~
03-26-03, 01:49 PM
Initial impression would be a 8 for now. There's no way, when we look back at the overall experience after beating the game, that anyone would think the first 5-10 hours are the best part of the game.

IIG
03-26-03, 01:58 PM
A 10 as of now, and I'm very early on... Probably too early to be rating it actually, but I'm having a blast so far.

FlashStash
03-26-03, 02:39 PM
I just need to add...

I love the boogerboy!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chaos
03-26-03, 03:09 PM
Just got it in today :D Thing is, I preordered from eb about two months ago, so I missed the free shipping deal and opted for the 5-10 day ground; but they said they shipped it on the 24th, and I got it today - faster than expected.

Time now for some Zelda gaming goodness :)

Gallant Pig
03-26-03, 03:21 PM
I'll drink to that. "I thought I bought Zelda...why am I playing Splinter Cell?"Yeah...it does feel a little awkward. Getting into first person mode, for instance, is huge pain.

I guess that's my only gripe: the camera. I don't like it. The camera doesn't swing when you want it to, when I walk into a room I want to see the room not see Link seeing the room.

I probably harp on this too much, but if the free camera was more like SC I'd be in heaven.

Gallant Pig
03-26-03, 03:23 PM
"I'll drink to that. "I thought I bought Zelda...why am I playing Splinter Cell?"

Isn't the stealth more like Metal Gear Solid though? I mean at least with the barrel walking, I think they got that from MGS and the box walking. I don't mind stealth, the AI is pretty dumb though. "OH gee that barrel has moved 10 feet in 20 seconds, there isn't a problem is there?"

Chopper
03-26-03, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Gallant Pig
I guess that's my only gripe: the camera. I don't like it. The camera doesn't swing when you want it to, when I walk into a room I want to see the room not see Link seeing the room.

I probably harp on this too much, but if the free camera was more like SC I'd be in heaven.

I thought you could move the camera around (in a circle & up & down) a bit using the yellow controller. Or were you meaning that you'd want more than that (and I haven't played SC, so I have no point of reference for what you're suggesting).

Groucho
03-26-03, 03:28 PM
Isn't the stealth more like Metal Gear Solid though?Actually, you insufferable twit*, I don't know. All of those "Sneak around the entire game because your character is a wuss that gets killed if a bad guy even looks at him" games blend together for me.

*http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=281430

Gallant Pig
03-26-03, 03:41 PM
Actually, you insufferable twit*, I don't know. All of those "Sneak around the entire game because your character is a wuss that gets killed if a bad guy even looks at him" games blend together for me.

*http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=281430

I couldn't find the joke in that thread so you are suspended.*

*joking...

... maybe ?

... say brother can you spare a dime?

I'm not sure what that last part means but it sounds funny

parrotheads4
03-26-03, 04:18 PM
So far I'm very disappointed. I kept an open mind about the graphics, and they are ok. Not "AMAZING!". Game play, and the game in general seems like a big rehash of past games. I am keeping an open mind, and I'll give it more time before trully I judge it.

Ralph Wiggum
03-26-03, 04:19 PM
Mine arrived today and so far I'm enjoying it. :)

Hopefully, this game will have the legs that Nintendo's other big games haven't had for me so far.

Gallant Pig
03-26-03, 04:29 PM
That goof kid with the snot reminds me of Ralph Wiggum (the character not the member of DVDTalk).

Kellehair
03-26-03, 09:52 PM
I voted 10. It's been some time since a game has made me want to rush home from work and play.

I just finished getting the 2nd pearl so I've now finshed 3 dungeons. I've done some sailing and some wind wakering. So far I'm very impressed by the size of the world and dungeons, the new moves, the huge amount of (new) items, and the sheer diversity of it all.

DrCaligari
03-26-03, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by parrotheads4
So far I'm very disappointed. I kept an open mind about the graphics, and they are ok. Not "AMAZING!". Game play, and the game in general seems like a big rehash of past games. I am keeping an open mind, and I'll give it more time before trully I judge it.

I feel the same way about the graphics so far. Just thinking about my little sister bobbing her head back and forth at the very beginning of the game gives me the creeps. Those eyes, those crazy eyes....

I am also not a big fan of the blur effect they used for buildings that are semi far away. I am not sure if this was for a camera like effect or to compensate for draw distance. It definately is distracting though.

That said I am still giving this a chance as well. It is OK so far, unlike the horrible Mario Sunshine. (Yes, I know I am in the minority on that one.)

FlashStash
03-27-03, 07:51 AM
"I'll drink to that. "I thought I bought Zelda...why am I playing Splinter Cell?"

Isn't the stealth more like Metal Gear Solid though? I mean at least with the barrel walking, I think they got that from MGS and the box walking. I don't mind stealth, the AI is pretty dumb though. "OH gee that barrel has moved 10 feet in 20 seconds, there isn't a problem is there?"

The barrel walking is DIRECTLY from Sly Cooper..you do exactly the same thing in there...I made that comment somewhere else too...I have no idea where now :)

FS

Maryang Palad
03-27-03, 07:59 AM
I forgot to add on the poll:

1 = xb*x fanboy

PixyJunket
03-27-03, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Maryang Palad

1 = xb*x fanboy
Or 1 = Final Fantasy Fanboy :lol:

young
03-27-03, 09:02 AM
what's a fanboy? you mean someone who bashes a game when talking about something else?

for example, let's say we're talking about a great game like zelda, and then you bash final fantasy.

CharlesC
03-27-03, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by FlashStash
The barrel walking is DIRECTLY from Sly Cooper..you do exactly the same thing in there...I made that comment somewhere else too...I have no idea where now :)

FS To be fair though you might have to say that "the barrel walking is DIRECTLY from Scooby-Doo". Its not quite a new idea.

I've got mine but haven't played it yet. I have to finish Metroid first. I rate the box a 8 though.

PixyJunket
03-27-03, 11:09 AM
I like how the entire disc is gold.. :)

Jack_Savage
03-27-03, 11:53 AM
It would have been awesome if i knew what to do. How are u supposed to figure out how to kill the boss! You need the book! Just like the one for 64.

Liver&Onions
03-27-03, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Savage
It would have been awesome if i knew what to do. How are u supposed to figure out how to kill the boss! You need the book! Just like the one for 64.

Uhhh....it's called problem solving skills. I didn't have a book when I played Super Mario 2 and didn't know how to kill Wart, I just tried things until they worked....and now I am a better man for that. :)

PixyJunket
03-27-03, 12:23 PM
Ah the spoils of the Playstation Generation* -wink-

I beat Ocarina of Time AND the Master Quest (MQ was a pisser I tell you) without a book, and I will beat Wind Waker without a book as well. It's a trial and error process my friend. You have a limited number of items, try using them all, and if you got an item in that dungeon it's a sure fre bet that it can be or will need to be used to defeat said boss. The bosses all have specific patterns, watch them and look for openings. Using a book totally ruins a game like this, where the fun and challenge lies in solving puzzles and figuring things out. It's highly satisfying when you figure it out on your own, trust me. I usually resever guide books for games that kick serious ass (like Zelda) and use after I've beaten the games once or twice, and only to look up undiscovered items or secrets. To each thier own, but it is quite rewarding when you can do it on your own, kinda like having the training wheels taken off your bicycle. Now that was a rush. I would at least say reserve looking something up until you've done everything you can think of.. just don't run into and blindly bradish your sword all over the place and give up. Also figuring out the early puzzles will help you prepare for ones later in the game!!

* Referring to the generation of gamers from 1995 and beyond whose common traits include preferring flashy graphics, movie interludes, and ridiculous story-lines over actual gameplay, substance, or game mechanics; need strategy books to play even the simplest titles; and do not understand the concept of "high score" (what you mean there's no ending to this game? this is ghey!)..

celery
03-27-03, 01:23 PM
* Referring to the generation of gamers from 1995 and beyond whose common traits include preferring flashy graphics, movie interludes, and ridiculous story-lines over actual gameplay, substance, or game mechanics; need strategy books to play even the simplest titles; and do not understand the concept of "high score" (what you mean there's no ending to this game? this is ghey!)..

Prick*

* A person who lumps together and bashes an entire generation of gamers simply because they are younger than him. He's also known to brag about his gaming accomplishments, hoping to impress board members.

Could you be any more arrogant?

clappj
03-27-03, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by celery
Prick*

* A person who lumps together and bashes an entire generation of gamers simply because they are younger than him. He's also known to brag about his gaming accomplishments, hoping to impress board members.

Didn't your mama teach you not to call people names? :)

kaiyouske
03-27-03, 02:17 PM
I like how the entire disc is gold.. :)

Actually, the bottom of the disc isn't gold. It's silver. :P I'm really glad that I picked up this game. It totally blew me away so far! I really disliked OoT so I wasn't expecting to like this game much. I pretty much just picked it up wanting to see what the fuss was about and I'm really glad when games like these totally catches you by surprise. Everything about this game just sucks you in right from the beginning. Now for dungeon 3....

PixyJunket
03-27-03, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by celery
Prick*

Could you be any more arrogant?
I fail to see how the name calling is called for seeing as 1) The portion of my reply you quoted is satire, and 2) Most of my post was giving Jack_Savage advice and encouraging him to try the game without a guide book first, which I thought was being nice. Arrogance? Hardly, I simply stated the games could be beaten without need of a book as part of the encouragement. Now if I had said "Jack, you suck the goat's balls. Zelda is the easiest game ever and if you need a book you are an Xbox fanboy and like Star Trek.", that would be arrogant. People jump to the mad conclusions on these video game boards..

Originally posted by kaiyouske
Actually, the bottom of the disc isn't gold. It's silver. :P I'm really glad that I picked up this game. It totally blew me away so far! I really disliked OoT so I wasn't expecting to like this game much. I pretty much just picked it up wanting to see what the fuss was about and I'm really glad when games like these totally catches you by surprise. Everything about this game just sucks you in right from the beginning. Now for dungeon 3....
Weeell then.. I'm taking mine back, I preorder it I want the disc dipped in 24k's brotha!! But I agree.. despite what people say about Nintendo, they are easily making the best, most solid, original, best experience games on the market period. Nobody comes close.

kaiyouske
03-27-03, 02:57 PM
Weeell then.. I'm taking mine back, I preorder it I want the disc dipped in 24k's brotha!! But I agree.. despite what people say about Nintendo, they are easily making the best, most solid, original, best experience games on the market period. Nobody comes close.

Haha....but yeah I was pretty excited when I saw the top of the disc..."Oh sh*t that's tight!" and turned the disc over... "awwww..." I think the only Zelda flop was that Phillips CDi game....wonder who made it cuz I'm pretty sure it wasn't Nintendo. :P

PixyJunket
03-27-03, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by kaiyouske
Haha....but yeah I was pretty excited when I saw the top of the disc..."Oh sh*t that's tight!" and turned the disc over... "awwww..." I think the only Zelda flop was that Phillips CDi game....wonder who made it cuz I'm pretty sure it wasn't Nintendo. :P
There were 3 of them on the CD-i, and they were all pretty bad from what I heard. I have not played them nor care to try. Since Phillips had a contract with Nintendo at one time to develop a CD add-on to the SNES they had a deal to use thier characters for some games when they decided to make the CD-i seperate. Nintendo was not involved in these games and in many peoples minds, they don't exsist.

Another interesting tidbit, did you know the Playstation was going to be an add-on CD-ROM device for the SNES, and they when the Big N backed out, Sony decided to develop it into thier own next-gen machine.

MasterofDVD
03-27-03, 03:25 PM
Very slow start but I'm totally into this game now. I'm very pleased with it and my complaints with this game are very small.
The cam threw me off as well but I can live with it.

My wife asked me if it was a game that was more her speed. I told her to give it a shot. She not often into games unless they are two player games but I think she would really like this game. I hope she tries.

kaiyouske
03-27-03, 04:17 PM
There were 3 of them on the CD-i, and they were all pretty bad from what I heard. I have not played them nor care to try. Since Phillips had a contract with Nintendo at one time to develop a CD add-on to the SNES they had a deal to use thier characters for some games when they decided to make the CD-i seperate. Nintendo was not involved in these games and in many peoples minds, they don't exsist.

Another interesting tidbit, did you know the Playstation was going to be an add-on CD-ROM device for the SNES, and they when the Big N backed out, Sony decided to develop it into thier own next-gen machine.

Ah, so there was 3 games...didn't know that. As for the Playstation, I knew about that. I remember seeing the pictures of it attached to the bottom of the Super Famicoms...looked pretty good in that light grey color (almost same color as the old Playstation, not the PS1s). Those were the days where SNES ruled the 16-bit wars...ahh...memories.. :P

MasterofDVD
03-27-03, 11:22 PM
I played from about 3:30 till a bit after midnight and other than getting stressed a few times had a very good night.

Just have a question:
How do you talk to the fish you see jumping around in the ocean? When you get up on them they stop jumping. You can't talk to them while they are under the water and I'm not sure what else to do. I'd love to see what they have to say but I'm at a loss.

Lint
03-28-03, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by MasterofDVD

Just have a question:
How do you talk to the fish you see jumping around in the ocean? When you get up on them they stop jumping. You can't talk to them while they are under the water and I'm not sure what else to do. I'd love to see what they have to say but I'm at a loss.

To talk to the fish, throw some bait onto the water

MrX
03-28-03, 12:27 AM
I've played it for an hour and I like it so far. The camera control is the only thing I have problem with so far but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Thunderball
03-28-03, 01:00 AM
Ok, I've given this another whirl, and since I'm sure you all care what I think...here goes.

1) Camera is pure ****. I get stuck in stupid angles all the time.

2)The first mission being forced stealth was ridiculous. Thats not how a Zelda game is supposed to open up.

3)The first dungeon was fairly straightforward, but I do , do , do miss the days of old, easy to navigate, flat 2D dungeons.

4)Boat is annoying. "Hi I'm a talking ****ing Boat, I dont' have a sail, but I magically appeared right underneath you,and took you to the first village, which just happens to have a sail salesman. Riiiiiiight.

5)The sailing is annoyng beyond belief. Having to constantly conduct the wind just to go exploring is annoying, only to have Boat tell me I cant' go somewhere.

Otherwise, the story is decent thus far, and I've already figured out where Zelda fits in, and the onlything I'm missing is where the Triforce is. :)

I'm at the deku tree now...

Matt925
03-28-03, 01:37 AM
I'm so in love with this game. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the start, I love the graphics, I really enjoyed the stealth level, and I haven't had any major gripes with the camera (there were a few times when I was under a barrel next to a wall, and I wasn't able to get a perfect view of the guard as he passed, but that wasn't vital to the gameplay, I just wanted to watch the incredible animation. The camera is just as good as any other 3D game, IMO). Perfect 10. I'm enjoying this even more than Metroid.

Outlaw
03-28-03, 01:37 AM
You can always use the C-stick at any time (except when locked on to an enemy) to move the camera freely while you walk, and hold down on it to zoom out a bit, it helps in certain areas but so far i haven't done that too much since I'm pretty used to just hitting L to center the view.

Great game! Loving the animation. What i really like is how it really feels like Link is in that world and not just a robot. Like when you walk past something interesting, his eyes will look at it and he might turn his head in that direction, little touches like that. :)

Keyser Soze
03-28-03, 02:58 AM
So far, I'm loving this game! I grew up on Zelda games and love the way this feels like the older carts, but at the same time is completely updated.

(And I may be alone on this, but I like the cartoony look to the game. Much better than just if they tried to make it look more realistic).

-k
###

Maryang Palad
03-28-03, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Keyser Soze
(And I may be alone on this, but I like the cartoony look to the game. Much better than just if they tried to make it look more realistic).

-k
###

You're not alone. I like it very much too.

PixyJunket
03-28-03, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Keyser Soze
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

huh?
03-28-03, 09:12 AM
I gave this game a 10 for the poll. I don't have any complaints. Very cool game, good controls, amazing graphics, good story so far.

I think the cell shading is the way to take the series into the future. I never thought I would hear myself say this, but I think itís the way Zelda should look for years to come.

I even think it makes the cut scenes tolerable. I usually hate when games cut to movie scenes, but I don't mind so much in this game.

Iím still on the first dungeon, but I think this game easily could walk away with game of the year. Iím already hooked. Thank you NintendoÖ

IIG
03-28-03, 11:43 AM
It's no Ocarina of Time yet, but then again I'm still very early on. I gave it a 10 before, and it has taken the slight dip to a 9. Can only get better though, I'm sure...

Goldberg74
03-28-03, 12:32 PM
I like kicking the cups off of the table...

<font size="1">But why is this ripping off StarFox Adventure? Run to the edge and jump... how weird is that? ;)</font>

Gallant Pig
03-28-03, 01:21 PM
<b>celery check your yahoo! email thanks!</b>

Jack_Savage
03-28-03, 01:46 PM
<i>this sort of stuff isn't permitted here jack</i>

Groucho
03-28-03, 02:23 PM
It would have been awesome if i knew what to do. How are u supposed to figure out how to kill the boss! You need the book! Just like the one for 64. Hmm...I was able to beat all the bosses in Zelda 64 without a hint book...and I *SUCK* at videogames.

jk4w
03-28-03, 02:57 PM
I bought a Gamecube just for this game.
I own the game but i havent played it yet because im still playing Zelda:OOT & i know if i start playing the new one i will totally neglect OOT i probley never finsh it.So me & my buddies are going to hook up this weekend & just gang up & beat OOT.
I just beat the phntom boss on the horse who jumps out of the pictures .Do i have a lot more to go ? About how long of a game is OOT ?

huh?
03-28-03, 02:58 PM
i too was able to beat OOT without a book... and one of the things i like about zelda is the trial and error of the levels. the puzzles sometimes are easy and sometimes are more difficult, but all can be solved without a guide book. the same goes for the bosses.

on another note, has anyone used the GBA connectivity feature for this game yet? i was reading about it in the manual. what does it do? i know its not neccesary, but does it add to the gameplay?

PixyJunket
03-28-03, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by jk4w
I bought a Gamecube just for this game.
I own the game but i havent played it yet because im still playing Zelda:OOT & i know if i start playing the new one i will totally neglect OOT i probley never finsh it.So me & my buddies are going to hook up this weekend & just gang up & beat OOT.
I just beat the phntom boss on the horse who jumps out of the pictures .Do i have a lot more to go ? About how long of a game is OOT ?
Gameplay wise your halfway through, but since there was so much damn talking nonsense in the first half, time wise you're probably more like 2/3 of the way done. You've got 4 more dungeons adn the final boss battle. Minus side-quests of course.

sdcrym
03-28-03, 04:28 PM
2)The first mission being forced stealth was ridiculous. Thats not how a Zelda game is supposed to open up. Yeah, I don't know what Miyamoto, the creator of the Zelda series, was thinking. He must have forgot to follow the published guidelines about how Zelda games are and are not supposed to start out. Change and innovation are bad.

db27
03-28-03, 06:14 PM
i'm ashamed to be stuck right now, on the first level!

I can't seem to go up any higer in the forsaken fortress I've been in every room on both floors one and two taken out the spotlights.

i'm such a retard

Gallant Pig
03-28-03, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by db27
i'm ashamed to be stuck right now, on the first level!

I can't seem to go up any higer in the forsaken fortress I've been in every room on both floors one and two taken out the spotlights.

i'm such a retard

You have to take out all the spotlights, the one that shines onto the ledge being the most important. Then once you get stuck in jail just keep going naturally forward, it makes sense where to go. I kept getting stuck on the ledge spotlight and didn't remember to go get the guy doing it until later, it's frustrating.

db27
03-28-03, 07:50 PM
You have to take out all the spotlights, the one that shines onto the ledge being the most important. Then once you get stuck in jail just keep going naturally forward, it makes sense where to go. I kept getting stuck on the ledge spotlight and didn't remember to go get the guy doing it until later, it's frustrating.

ah, silly me. i got all the spots but completely missed a door that I hadn't gone into somehow, which got me rollin'

i prolly saw that door 50 times in the last couple hours!

random123
03-28-03, 08:33 PM
yeah, i can say i really like the cel shading graphics. if they made it look realistic i would be afraid that i would have a hard time playing it in 5 years. i'm not a graphics wh0re but darn, oot is hard to play compared to the nes, snes, and gameboy zeldas. i think this zelda will be like the pre-oot zeldas for replayability in the future.

IIG
03-28-03, 09:56 PM
Am I the only person on earth that still thinks that OoT looks good?

Kellehair
03-28-03, 10:01 PM
OOT generally looks OK to me but when I put Skies of Arcadia back into my GC after playing OOT for a couple of weeks I was stunned by how good SOA's graphics were. That's really saying something too because SOA doesn't really have good graphics. :p

zig
03-29-03, 12:29 AM
OoT looks pretty bad for the first few minutes you're playing it, but it's such a good game that after a short while you just get into that mode and don't even notice the quality of graphics.

I'm really loving Wind Waker so far. The cel-shading is even better than I imagined it would be.

Deftones
03-29-03, 03:10 PM
I'm about 2/3 finished with the game. It is not as good as OoT, but it's still better than most games I've played. I'm not a fan of all the wasted time sailing around, but I understand they had to make the game long one way or another. ;)

eatntae
03-29-03, 03:11 PM
not sure what to rate it yet. just got done beating the game. VERY nice final battle. all i'll say about the final battle is that its a great change of pace. i would love to give it a 10 because i had a blast playing it, but the sailing got very tedious/slow/boring towards the end. the deciding factor on whether i give it a 9 or 10 depends on the 2nd quest: if its different enough for me to stay hooked and challenged.

DVDGUY1116
03-29-03, 05:38 PM
Now I know there is another Zelda thread but it is an impressions type of thread and I already gave my impressions...I need minor assistance. Mods, feel free to move or close this thread if you have to. Also, this might be a minor spoiler to some people but I am not using spoiler tags as I assume the only people viewing this thread will be the ones who are currently playing it.

The help I need is this: As Link leaves Dragon Roost Island a Merman jumps from the water and fills in the sea chart for the sector that Dragon Roost Island is in. He says that to call forth other Mermen just throw some all purpose bait in the water. Now I know there is a Merman for every sector but for whatever reason I cannot call forth a Merman in a different sector even after I throw the bait in the water. Usually, a seagull sweeps down and eats it. The specific sector I am talking about is the one where Link comes across the pirates on the way to Forest Haven and they give him treasure map 34. Do the Mermen only come out in the day?

tomwaits
03-29-03, 06:11 PM
Don't throw the bait out until you're right on top of the merman for that sector. You can usually see them from a distance, since they jump out of the water. When you get close, they'll stay underwater, but there's a yellow arrow and shadow to mark their position.

Just stop near them and throw the bait. They should swim over and grab it. I think they're around both day and night, but I'm not positive about that.

sdcrym
03-29-03, 06:45 PM
As soon as you get the Hero's Bow, it's possible to gain the ability to move around more quickly:

As you're sailing around, find one of the big cyclones that teleports you to a random place on the map. Approach the cyclone, and as you begin to be drawn in, start shooting arrows at the guy on the cloud at the top of the cyclone. Hit him a few times and he'll teach you another song. Now you'll be able to use the cyclone to quicly transport to key islands on the map.
So I don't want to hear any more complaining about sailing around. ;)

DVDGUY1116
03-29-03, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by tomwaits
Don't throw the bait out until you're right on top of the merman for that sector. You can usually see them from a distance, since they jump out of the water. When you get close, they'll stay underwater, but there's a yellow arrow and shadow to mark their position.

It never occured to me that you need to be in the area they appear. I just assumed that you just threw the bait in anywhere in the sector and they appeared. I've been playing games for years and feel really stupid to make an assumption like that. D'oh! That makes more sense though. Thanks! I always have trouble with that minor stuff in games but I can get through the hardest dungeon or level, depending on the game, without missing anything. Go Figure.

trigun
03-29-03, 08:45 PM
The way the everything that isn't in the foreground is low resolution is pretty annoying. I realize they probably had to do this to maintain framerates and keep the look distance, but it's still pretty annoying.

Deftones
03-29-03, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by sdcrym
As soon as you get the Hero's Bow, it's possible to gain the ability to move around more quickly:

As you're sailing around, find one of the big cyclones that teleports you to a random place on the map. Approach the cyclone, and as you begin to be drawn in, start shooting arrows at the guy on the cloud at the top of the cyclone. Hit him a few times and he'll teach you another song. Now you'll be able to use the cyclone to quicly transport to key islands on the map.
So I don't want to hear any more complaining about sailing around. ;)

That is true, but there are limited transport points. You still usually have to sail 2-3 grids to get where you want. It is tedious and boring to do all the sailing, but like I said above, they had to do this to make the game long.

sdcrym
03-29-03, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by DVDGUY1116
It never occured to me that you need to be in the area they appear. I just assumed that you just threw the bait in anywhere in the sector and they appeared. I've been playing games for years and feel really stupid to make an assumption like that. D'oh! That makes more sense though. Thanks! I always have trouble with that minor stuff in games but I can get through the hardest dungeon or level, depending on the game, without missing anything. Go Figure. I do the same things. I was stuck for hours at the part where you first see the Deku Treebecause I couldn't figure out how to get thoseChu Chu things off of him,even though you just had to roll into him.
Before I figured it out, I went around exploring the rest of the map, so it wasn't all that bad. :)

MasterofDVD
03-29-03, 09:55 PM
I went and did that sailing "cheat" and man does it make the game even better. Being able to speed that part of the game up made a world of difference.

Kellehair
03-29-03, 09:59 PM
That is true, but there are limited transport points. You still usually have to sail 2-3 grids to get where you want. It is tedious and boring to do all the sailing, but like I said above, they had to do this to make the game long.
I don't think they did that to make the game longer. It's not like having a transport point in every grid is a very good solution. What would you have wanted them to do?

zig
03-29-03, 10:42 PM
I think being able to warp to every grid would take something away from the game. It's definitely not to just add length. Having to sail long distances gives you the feeling that the game world is truly huge. Sure it's kind of a cheap way to accomplish that, but it works. Besides, sailing isn't that boring. With the constant weather changing and the beautiful ocean.. I could stare at that all day ;)

mtucker
03-29-03, 11:40 PM
2 gameplay tips needed:

Fire Mountain.
1. I get inside Fire Mountain and I see a circular thing and a giant stone (which I can't move).

Wind God's Aria.
2. I learned the Wind God's Aria and need to go back to Forest Haven and play it for the "leaf guy", but he's no where to be found.

I've gone around and uncovered the entire map while trying to figure out what to do next, but I think I've done all I can do so far without doing 1 of the above 2 things.

Any help concerning these two things while being as vague as possible?

zig
03-30-03, 12:11 AM
Fire Mountain:
Try clearing the area of all enemies. If that doesn't work.. um.. I don't remember ;)

Can't help with the other one.

eatntae
03-30-03, 12:23 AM
Wind God's Aria:

trying to be vague:
at the forest haven, outside; not inside where the great deku tree is

a little more help:
look for musical notes floating around

and if you still can't figure it out:
you'll see the musical notes coming from one of the waterfalls. use your grappling hook to swing into the waterfall

IIG
03-30-03, 02:36 AM
I more than appreciate everyone that is using spoiler tags here... I really like this thread, and would have had to abandon it if too many spoilers were in it.

MasterofDVD
03-30-03, 04:47 AM
I think I now have about 40 hours logged in now. I'm glad that I'm off on Monday cause I really want to spend the whole day with the game. Some of the guys from work came over tonight to play Halo and Mario Party 4. It sucked not being able to play Zelda for the few hours they were over.

Josh H
03-30-03, 07:39 AM
I got back in town and finally picked up my copy last night and played for a couple hours.

I'm pretty impressed so far. I like the graphics a lot more than I thought I would. The blur in the distance that others have mentioned does suck though.

The control is great as always. I really dislike the stealth part of the first dungeon and hope that's not a staple of the gameplay though. It was ok at first, but I've never liked stealth games that well. Too much having to be patient and slowly go through areas, and too much going through the same areas over and over when you get caught and have to keep starting back from the same place.

IIG
03-30-03, 12:47 PM
I think I now have about 40 hours logged in now.
Are you on the 2nd Quest? I thought the game only took 15-20 hours to beat?

zig
03-30-03, 01:48 PM
I've already played much more than 20 hours and I'm not that close to beating it. It just depends on how many sidequests you do along the way. Some people want to rush through and beat it(taking 15-20 hours), then go back and do sidequests.. I prefer to do sidequests inbetween the dungeons.

RCL66
03-30-03, 02:48 PM
Too bad the game doesn't track and tell you how much time you have played it... and that's my biggest complaint so far! :) (the sailing may get old, but not yet - to many things atttack me and such while I am sailing - but I'm not nearly as far into it as others I would guess). Still, this is the first game in quite some time that I really look forward to getting back to playing each night after the rest of that real world stuff is taken care of.

mtucker
03-30-03, 06:38 PM
Interesting that they "bundled" OoT as a bonus since Wind Waker appears to be almost a sequel. Also, I'm amazed at all the miscellaneous stuff there is to do in addition to the main quest.

Edit: ...and I agree, I wish there was a timer somewhere that told me how many hours I've been playing this game.

Keyser Soze
03-30-03, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by zig
I've already played much more than 20 hours and I'm not that close to beating it. It just depends on how many sidequests you do along the way. Some people want to rush through and beat it(taking 15-20 hours), then go back and do sidequests.. I prefer to do sidequests inbetween the dungeons.

:thumbsup: Same here... it's just not a Zelda game unless you've walked around in circles for hours trying to finish all the side quests.

-k
###

MasterofDVD
03-30-03, 11:18 PM
Yeah the 40hours ( or more since I just sat thru another 5+ hours ) was due to me taking on a few sidequests between dungeons.

Just got to the Wind Temple and had to stop. I think my wife is starting to feel neglected. I came in from work and started to play before I even had my jacket or shoes off. :D I'm off tomorrow so I have all day to play.

PixyJunket
03-31-03, 08:23 AM
I played for a little bit yesterday while my girlfriend used the Tingle tuner. She thought it was kinda cute and fun since she usually just watches me anyway. We spent a good amount of time dropping Tingle bombs on pigs in the first village hehehe..

mparysz
03-31-03, 09:18 AM
I finally had some time to dig into Wind Waker this weekend and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. I did have one concern though. Has anyone else experienced slowdown when fighting/defeating an enemy? It seems to occur almost evertime I fight someone. No review mentioned this and I want to make sure my copy isn't defective. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Maryang Palad
03-31-03, 09:36 AM
I read this review from a site that lists the pros and cons. And I find this funny but true:

Cons:

- Extremely addicting
- Will cause lack of sunlight, defeat the will to perform job related tasks and/or homework, and generally alienate you from human relations for days, maybe weeks
- It ends eventually

mtucker
03-31-03, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by mparysz
I finally had some time to dig into Wind Waker this weekend and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. I did have one concern though. Has anyone else experienced slowdown when fighting/defeating an enemy? It seems to occur almost evertime I fight someone. No review mentioned this and I want to make sure my copy isn't defective. I'd appreciate any feedback.

I believe there is a slight "pause" whenever an enemy is defeated by design. This is especially noticable whenever you happen to defeat 5 enemies at once.

Neitzl
03-31-03, 09:47 AM
I need a bit of help, or if anything, a straightforward answer:

I landed on an island, one where you have to hit four switches scattered on this island within a certain time. Finally did it, entered the cavern that opened up once the switches were hit, and had my butt handed to me on a platter. My questions:
How can I defeat this island, and what do I get once I do defeat it?
It's the cave in which tons of monsters come out and fight you, including black knights that are so much harder than the easy to defeat white knights, and wizards that appear and throw fireballs at you. I went through two lives ( i had a fairy in a bottle) and it seemed as if the enemies would never end.

Thanks

Neitzl

mtucker
03-31-03, 09:52 AM
Interesting, I was just at that island last night. If I remember correctly you don't get anything "critical", i.e.

either a treasure map or a piece of heart

Remember to try and lure the smaller enemies away from the bigger ones and try to finish them off rather quickly so they won't harrass you when you're fighting the larger enemies. I also try to finish off the wizards first as they seem to be the most annoying.

zig
03-31-03, 03:07 PM
I'm not completely sure but I think you get a treasure map telling you where one piece of the triforce is at the end, which you will need to beat the game. At least I think you will. I haven't beaten it yet so I can't say for sure.

CharlesC
03-31-03, 03:12 PM
I want to go home and plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I'm only on the first castle thing so I haven't voted yet. So far so good.

CharlesC, professional pig hunter.

Neitzl
03-31-03, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys, but I think I'm going to leave that island for later, until i have tons of hearts. Great game, I even like the sailing bit and getting treasure, but I gots to watch some tv now. :)

Neitzl

madara
03-31-03, 10:41 PM
I just started it today. I sure wish I could play for more then 20mins without my eyes bugging out, its so darn blurry. 6feet is surely close enough for 27 inch with s-video but think I going have rig up something just for this game or buy alot more advil.

Liver&Onions
04-01-03, 10:29 AM
Finally got this last night. And I am about halfway through the Forbidden Fortress....

Personally, I dig the blur

sdcrym
04-01-03, 01:51 PM
I also like the blur effect.

WillySi7
04-01-03, 05:06 PM
are there any websites out there yet with strategy/walkthrough guides (not to purchase, most are like fan sites) to help out with zelda the windwaker? im a die-hard zelda fan and hardly ever force myself to resort to a guide, but when you work on a scenario for an hour it takes away from the enjoyment of the game to the point of frustration, id rather get help and move on. id ask my question here but i dont want to give anything away to gamers who havent yet reached this spot (although not far in the game). but if this is the place to do it ill ask

Liver&Onions
04-01-03, 05:10 PM
www.gamefaqs.com

WillySi7
04-01-03, 08:50 PM
thanks liver

Josh H
04-01-03, 09:21 PM
I'm at the beginning of the second dungeon, the forest one. Quit when I finally got in the damn thing last night.

So far I'm pretty impressed. I didn't like the stealth area at the beginning, but apparently that was like the brief stealth areas in the N64 games, in that it's just a brief section and not typical of the game play. I still don't like the blur, but otherwise the graphics are very good (coming from someone that generally hates cel shading). My only other gripe is that the sailing gets old. I like hunting for treasure, but sailing around looking for fish to fill in your map gets old, and it just seems to take for ever to get anywhere.

I'd give it probably a 9.0 right now, but I'll wait until I beat it before giving it a final score and voting in the poll.

sdcrym
04-01-03, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by madara
I'm dealing with it abit better now but was close one. " I love the blur" I swear if Nintendo made screen go black every 5 secs in next zelda game some of you would still state you love it. Phew, guess one good thing came out of Nin64, Im no longer a blind ninfanboy. I like the blur for a couple of reasons. It gives more of a sense of distance. Since the "camera" is focused on the close up area, it's very natural for things outside of this area to be blurry. It gives me a greater sense of immersion in the game. I also like the effect because it's something I've never seen before.

If you think I'm a "ninfanboy" because I have a different opinion than you, I won't lose sleep over it.

Liver&Onions
04-01-03, 11:02 PM
I'm dealing with it abit better now but was close one. " I love the blur" I swear if Nintendo made screen go black every 5 secs in next zelda game some of you would still state you love it. Phew, guess one good thing came out of Nin64, Im no longer a blind ninfanboy.

Excuse me?

Fanboy? Just because I said I like the blur effect? Hmmm...maybe the fact that it emulates real life contributes to my enjoyment of it. I for one do not see all things to the horizon with perfect clairty, so why should a game?

I am not a blind fanboy either, I just enjoy great design and things that you can tell someone put a LOT of time into to make right.

Gallant Pig
04-01-03, 11:07 PM
I'm dealing with it abit better now but was close one. " I love the blur" I swear if Nintendo made screen go black every 5 secs in next zelda game some of you would still state you love it. Phew, guess one good thing came out of Nin64, Im no longer a blind ninfanboy.

<b>Namecalling isn't allowed, if you have a problem with the game that's fine, but generalizing isn't fine. Thanks.</b>

madara
04-02-03, 01:05 AM
Edited and Deleted~ Having take fresh look at this morning I could seen why some seemed offended. Surely not my intention to ostrasize those that find something they truely like, especially given how rare that is this day in age with us internet critics, he.
Having lost 2 family members recently I think been affecting my attitude more then I let on. Though no accuse, I keep chain on it till it cools off :)

CharlesC
04-02-03, 10:14 AM
I like the blur effect too most of the time. I also like the cool heat shimmering effects.

My favorite are the explosions though. That and when you kill a dude his black smoke explosion thing. Thats cool.

Question: Why is the compass when you are sailing backwards? Or do I just not know how to use a compass? When I'm sailing east (right on the map) the red arrow on the compass is pointing west (left). This seems backward to me.

Also, whats with the sun thing next to the compass?

I just got the sail can you tell?

FlashStash
04-02-03, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by CharlesC

Question: Why is the compass when you are sailing backwards? Or do I just not know how to use a compass? When I'm sailing east (right on the map) the red arrow on the compass is pointing west (left). This seems backward to me.

Also, whats with the sun thing next to the compass?

I just got the sail can you tell?

The compass confused me at first also...

The compass always points north...so when you're sailing east, the north is to your right (which looks like it's pointing west on the compass).

Two wow moments....when you're carrying the pigs and they grunt as you run, and the first time I saw the jet of fire shoot up in the second dungeon....WOW! Oh, and the snot kid shows up later too in his bed :)

FS

CharlesC
04-02-03, 10:52 AM
Wow so it works like a real compass! Thats opposite of how most games do it.

Ralph Wiggum
04-02-03, 06:32 PM
I finished the Fire Dungeon and am very impressed. This game feels fresher than I had expected especially the combat.

Jadakiss
04-02-03, 07:13 PM
I finished the game last night, which makes me sad. I wanted it to go on forever.

tanman
04-02-03, 07:30 PM
I just started it and am really loving it! (am on the forest level) I think the graphics are really amazing. I just can't get over how it looks like a seemless cartoon. I love playing director when sailing and pan around link and the boat and zoom in and out :)

I agree that the blur affect has not really annoyed me. I haven't sailed enough for sailing to annoy me but see how it can get old real fast.

I like it because it is a real departure (read innovation) from the Zelda formula. That was one of my major beefs with OOT. I liked the game a lot but couldn't help but think "this is the same game as a link to the past." I liked Majora's mask better.

Just answer this one question. Where are the chickens? Please tell me there are chickens! or cuckos or whatever they are called.

CharlesC
04-03-03, 10:14 AM
Okay I finished the Dragon Roost dungeon now so I feel I can vote. I gave it a 10. I haven't played a Zelda since the first one so everything seems new and fresh to me. The game is funny and inviting, it makes you want to keep exploring the world. I actually like this game better than Metroid (which I just finished last week). I like games that have a sense of humour and have other characters in them.

If I could only have Mario, Metroid and Zelda my cube would be well worth what I paid for it.

Splish. Spilsh. Kaboom!

Liver&Onions
04-03-03, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by CharlesC

Splish. Spilsh. Kaboom!

rotfl

So far, that is one of my favorite things in the game. And I am about at the same place as you....

rotfl

finbogg
04-03-03, 12:19 PM
(2)The first mission being forced stealth was ridiculous. Thats not how a Zelda game is supposed to open up.

I find comments like this strange. This is where expectations get in the way. You're playing a new game, why is it "supposed" to start in a specific way just because it's a Zelda game? I think it's great that they added new wrinkles to the game play and it's not the same old game, just with better graphics. If you want the same old gameplay, then stick to the old games.

5)The sailing is annoyng beyond belief. Having to constantly conduct the wind just to go exploring is annoying, only to have Boat tell me I cant' go somewhere.

Again I have to disagree. I love the "sailing sim" part of the game. You have to deal with the wind direction (or change it) and plan out how you're going to move. Same with gliding around with the leaf.

I love the fact that it's not the same running around from place to place that the last games have used. It's a fantastic new idea IMO.

The cel shading has far exceeded anything that other games have attempted. I always wanted to play a game that felt and looked like you were controlling a cartoon, and it seems to finally have arrived. I only wish the eyes looked a bit different. Maybe a white highlight in them to add more detail and character. I love the bomb explosions!

1 = xb*x fanboy

Nice generalization :rolleyes:

As an XBOX only owner (and I love my XBOX), I gave it a 9. I don't have a Gamecube yet, but this one is a system-seller. I played this Zelda at a friend's house (for about 7-8 hours) and absolutely loved it.

Deftones
04-03-03, 02:42 PM
I just finished it last night. I liked it, b/c it was Zelda, but it was not up to par w/ OoT.

Bluebomber
04-03-03, 03:14 PM
Well I just got to the big tree ( Forgot the name) and so far i'm having fun with it, though I have to somewhat agree that the stealth part of the first mini dungeon felt odd. Not that I wouldn't do it all the same but more like is this Zelda? I mean when did Link start fearing one or two gaurds?

Chopper
04-03-03, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Bluebomber
Well I just got to the big tree ( Forgot the name) and so far i'm having fun with it, though I have to somewhat agree that the stealth part of the first mini dungeon felt odd. Not that I wouldn't do it all the same but more like is this Zelda? I mean when did Link start fearing one or two gaurds?

Regular Link doesn't. Link without a sword (bombs, boomerang, etc) does.

Gizmo
04-03-03, 09:38 PM
Well, I beat Zelda... The game was a little too easy. I never once died, and the final battle only made me use 2 fairys...

darkside
04-03-03, 09:52 PM
I have to say after giving this game about four hours of play its yet to draw me in and make me want to play it. I found the stealth, jumping and that stupid wand to be irritating, but not enough to ruin the game. Its just the game itself. It looks great, but I have had no fun at all playing it. Its more like a chore than a pleasure. I loved Ocarina, but this game just doesn't do it for me at all. Probably the worst experience I've ever had with a Nintendo game.

I'm going to put it aside for a while and try again, but I really doubt I will ever like this game. Getting Ocarina free was the only good part of ordering it for me.

madara
04-04-03, 12:45 AM
Hey Darkside have you gotten to Fire Dungeon yet on roost island? Before that I was in same boat and since I totaly in love. They should got gamer into it faster.

Quotes:

"I find comments like this strange. This is where expectations get in the way. You're playing a new game, why is it "supposed" to start in a specific way just because it's a Zelda game? I think it's great that they added new wrinkles to the game play and it's not the same old game, just with better graphics. If you want the same old gameplay, then stick to the old games."

I find this topic very interesting and barely ever explored. Its like japanese style of returning to filimar setting vs wanting something innovative or new everytime( I guess USA alot). I get so annoyed by reviewers past and present when they say does not offer anything new so it stinks line(which is alot). It makes me wonder if they came out with toilet sim it get perfect 10 just because it has not been done before,haha. I am more Dragon Quest mentality, returning to fimilar place you love over and over again because you could play 100 games just like it. I could play new adventures clones of OOT and be extreme happy, just give me new story, new setting. In my book some games are just so perfect and so right you need more then one like it. I guess goes with if its not broken dont fix it line and considering DQ has let to be dethroned I sure not only one. Dont get me wrong I loving ZTWW to death but I can understand other side of coin with expecting to return to place you love.

MasterofDVD
04-04-03, 12:55 AM
I think I'm near the end but it's hard to tell with this game.

Having fun but it'll be nice to not be on the ocean for a bit. I normally don't like dungeons but after sailing all day today I'm looking forward to dry land.

mtucker
04-04-03, 10:32 AM
The nice thing about the first stealth mission...

you get to revisit it later with the sword.

sdcrym
04-04-03, 12:23 PM
I find this topic very interesting and barely ever explored. Its like japanese style of returning to filimar setting vs wanting something innovative or new everytime( I guess USA alot). I get so annoyed by reviewers past and present when they say does not offer anything new so it stinks line(which is alot). It makes me wonder if they came out with toilet sim it get perfect 10 just because it has not been done before,haha. I am more Dragon Quest mentality, returning to fimilar place you love over and over again because you could play 100 games just like it. I could play new adventures clones of OOT and be extreme happy, just give me new story, new setting. In my book some games are just so perfect and so right you need more then one like it. I guess goes with if its not broken dont fix it line and considering DQ has let to be dethroned I sure not only one. Dont get me wrong I loving ZTWW to death but I can understand other side of coin with expecting to return to place you love. I agree with what you're saying, but I think a strong point for the Zelda series over the years has been that they have struck a balance between familiarity and new material. Sure, there's a completely new environment and characters, but for fans of the series, there's little things, subtle and not so subtle, that bring back memories of earlier games. One of the most obvious is the music. When I walk in a room and hear a theme from a previous game, I can't help but grin, but at the same time, I appreciate the new sound of the song and the way its used. Also, things like princess Zelda and Ganon... you know they're going to show up, but when you see them for the first time in Wind Waker, it's almost better than when you saw them in the first game you played, because you recognize it, but at the same time, it's not cliched. It's the same... but different.

etc., etc...

huh?
04-05-03, 10:10 AM
The other thread with zelda was steering the conversation towards reviews of the game, but I wanted to start a thread where people could help each other if and when they become "stuck".

PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS !!!!

I'll start. My question is.

Where do you get empty bottles? I have the beetle chart, but i can't seem to find a shop that sells them. Is there one? If so, where is it? Or do I have to just find them somewhere? Thanks.

Sessa17
04-05-03, 10:38 AM
Good idea for a thread. But shouldn't the answers be w/ spoiler warnings. Why do the questions need to be, they don't spoil anything.

Anyway, I'm still very early in the game I think. I'm on Windfall Island, & I don't want to leave until I get everything. So my questions are. . .

1. What is the "Perfectly round, pale thing" you have to take a zoomed in picture of, so show the kid you know how he feels. And do you have to really zoom in to take it.

2. How do you get the first photo of the chick mailing the love letter, in order to become the #1 apprentice for the photobox guy. Is this something you just do later in the game.

BartleyR7
04-05-03, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by huh?
I'll start. My question is.

Where do you get empty bottles? I have the beetle chart, but i can't seem to find a shop that sells them. Is there one? If so, where is it? Or do I have to just find them somewhere? Thanks. [/B]

1) Dragon Roost Island: After you toss Medli, she will give you your first bottle.

2) Submarine: After you clear Dragon Roost Island, you can retrieve a bottle from a submarine in section F5 (A-F running left to right along the top of the map, 1-7 running top to bottom along the left side of the map).

3) Beedle: His special shop in area B3 will sell you one for 500 (but only one).

4) Windfall Island: It has to be night, and you have to talk to the girl by the shop. She will tell you to go away. Start heading toward town until she walks the other way. Follow her, but do NOT let her see you. Each time she turns around, hide behind something. At the end of her run (a big circle), she will try to open the safe behind the counter she was originally standing in front of. Go and talk to her, and give the first (default) answer to all of her questions.

BartleyR7
04-05-03, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Sessa17
Good idea for a thread. But shouldn't the answers be w/ spoiler warnings. Why do the questions need to be, they don't spoil anything.

Anyway, I'm still very early in the game I think. I'm on Windfall Island, & I don't want to leave until I get everything. So my questions are. . .

1. What is the "Perfectly round, pale thing" you have to take a zoomed in picture of, so show the kid you know how he feels. And do you have to really zoom in to take it.

2. How do you get the first photo of the chick mailing the love letter, in order to become the #1 apprentice for the photobox guy. Is this something you just do later in the game.

1) Take a picture of a full moon. Zoom-in enough to make the moon fill most of the frame.

2) Wait for a red-clad man (walking very slowly around town) to come to the mailbox (in the daytime) then snap his picture. The key here is to wait until he is about ready to put the letter in (so you can see the letter in his hand) but to take the picture BEFORE he puts it in the mailbox (then it's too late). Also, make sure you get his entire body (along with the mailbox), but be zoomed-in enough so that he and the mailbox fill most of the frame.

RVP
04-05-03, 11:50 AM
I am really loving this game right now. It did start off kind of slow but once It got going it was awsome. The story is great, but I am not really sure about the sailing yet. It can get kind of boring.

My questions are:

1. How do you use the sea charts? I am confused, do the shinning spots on the water apear only if you have a chart? And why do they disapear when you get close?

2. What am I missing by not having a GBA to hook up? Is the Tingle Tunner just for hints? Or does it add something to the game? Do I need to pick up a GBA to fully enjoy the game?

Thanks in advance.

Josh H
04-05-03, 12:41 PM
1. I think the shining spots are always there. All the one's I've found are just rupies, so I assume the ones on the treasure charts are pieces of heart and things of that nature. I haven't actually been able to use one yet, but from what I can tell you need to have the fish fill in your sea chart, and this match the treasure chart with a specific "square" of sea chart and then go to "x marks the spot" on the treasure chart and drop the grappling hook.

2. It's mainly just hints and being able to have him drop bombs, as far as I can tell. I think it said you can have him heal you too, but I haven't figured that out yet. So I don't think you're really missing anything. It's a neat feature, but not necessary to enjoy the game. Definitely the best use of the GBA/GC link up yet though.

Sessa17
04-05-03, 02:04 PM
Hey, Bartley :wave: Thanks for the help! I never would have figured the mailbox part out. I guess the picture of the fool moon comes later, since I have seen it become nightfall yet

By the way, I am ABSOLUTELY LOVING this game. Easily the best Zelda since the original, I just hope it isn't too short. And even though I'm still early on, this could be one of the top 5 video games I ever played. There are lot's of games of love but can understand why people complain about them(i.e. Final Fantasy) but aside from the at times annoying camera in this game. I just don't understand the people that have posted that are knocking this game. It's really near perfect.

darkside
04-05-03, 02:51 PM
Hey Darkside have you gotten to Fire Dungeon yet on roost island? Before that I was in same boat and since I totaly in love. They should got gamer into it faster.

I'm past that. Like I said, I'll come back to the game later. I'm sure its a great game, but I just haven't been able to get into it yet. I'm going to try and get Resident Evil out of my system first. I just picked up zero and will play that a bit.

BartleyR7
04-05-03, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
1. I think the shining spots are always there. All the one's I've found are just rupies, so I assume the ones on the treasure charts are pieces of heart and things of that nature. I haven't actually been able to use one yet, but from what I can tell you need to have the fish fill in your sea chart, and this match the treasure chart with a specific "square" of sea chart and then go to "x marks the spot" on the treasure chart and drop the grappling hook.

From my experience, the shining spots that correspond to a treasure chart only appear after you have collected the appropriate treasure map. I have had this happen to me with a few of the heart pieces (and most definitely with the Triforce shards). The "random" spots (the ones with red or purple rupees) are always there.

Also, there are some spots that occur [SPOILER]only at night, but you can always use The Song Of Passing to help you out there.

Sessa17
04-05-03, 05:01 PM
O.K. Am I the only retard playing this game that finds it impossible to throw Medli up top when you have to help her fly in the Dragon Roost level. I HATE being stuck on stupid stuff like this ini games. I swear I've been tryin to toss her for over 30 minutes.

I know your suppose to wait for the wind to blow in the direction your throwing her. But I just can't do it. SO FRUSTRATING. No one else seems to have this problem.

BartleyR7
04-05-03, 05:08 PM
O.K. Am I the only retard playing this game that finds it impossible to throw Medli up top when you have to help her fly in the Dragon Roost level. I HATE being stuck on stupid stuff like this ini games. I swear I've been tryin to toss her for over 30 minutes.

I know your suppose to wait for the wind to blow in the direction your throwing her. But I just can't do it. SO FRUSTRATING. No one else seems to have this problem.

Here's how to do it.

Don't just throw her from the ground. If memory serves, there is a ramp that you can walk up on (while carrying Medli). It is directly across from the door you have to throw her to. If you use that to get Link and Medli up a little higher, she'll have no problem making the flight.

Maryang Palad
04-05-03, 05:14 PM

I case the wind is not going in the direction towards the cave, change the wind direction by playing the Wind Requiem. Next is go to the platform in front of the cave. This is where you're going to throw Medli.

Sessa17
04-05-03, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by BartleyR7
Here's how to do it.

Don't just throw her from the ground. If memory serves, there is a ramp that you can walk up on (while carrying Medli). It is directly across from the door you have to throw her to. If you use that to get Link and Medli up a little higher, she'll have no problem making the flight.

Believe me, that is what I'm doing. I never even attempted to throw her from the floor. I just don't know what's wrong with me. I wait for the wind, , I've tried running throwing, standing throwing, at the beginning of the wind going north, at the end, in the middle, EVERYTHING. no matter what I do she doesn't get up top. I'm going on 40 minutes literally, just doing it over & over. I love this game so much but this part is making about to quite playing it. The only thing helping, is from my friends & what I've seen posted on boards. Nobody else is having this problem. So I must be retarted.

BartleyR7
04-05-03, 05:59 PM
Believe me, that is what I'm doing. I never even attempted to throw her from the floor. I just don't know what's wrong with me. I wait for the wind, , I've tried running throwing, standing throwing, at the beginning of the wind going north, at the end, in the middle, EVERYTHING. no matter what I do she doesn't get up top. I'm going on 40 minutes literally, just doing it over & over. I love this game so much but this part is making about to quite playing it. The only thing helping, is from my friends & what I've seen posted on boards. Nobody else is having this problem. So I must be retarted.

That is very odd. My problem was that I was trying to throw her from the floor (spent a few minutes wasted on that one). I don't know what else to tell you. I didn't have to run and throw, I just threw her. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you do it EXACTLY when the wind changes direction. If you wait for even a few seconds, she may not make it.

Groucho
04-05-03, 06:03 PM
I also wasted a lot of time throwing her from the floor. When I tried the ledge, I got it in the first try. Throw her as soon as the leaves start blowing towards the bridge.

Josh H
04-05-03, 08:56 PM
I did the same as groucho. Got it first try from the ramp, after wasting time on the floor.

Lint
04-05-03, 10:24 PM
With regard to Medli, once I figured out you needed to stand on the platform, I got her up on the ledge on the first try. Are you sure you are trying to throw her to the correct ledge? I did this part a long time ago, but I believe the bridge is broken and you have to throw her to one side of it. In other words, are you facing the right direction?

A question I have regarding the Nintendo Gallery

Is anybody trying to complete the entire gallery? I've been spending some time on it, taking pictures of everything, but this seems like it will take forever. I know I'll have to do a lot of it during the second quest because I've already missed most of the bosses. I guess this wasn't really a question. I was just wondering what people are doing about this.

sdcrym
04-05-03, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Lint
Is anybody trying to complete the entire gallery? I've been spending some time on it, taking pictures of everything, but this seems like it will take forever. I know I'll have to do a lot of it during the second quest because I've already missed most of the bosses. I guess this wasn't really a question. I was just wondering what people are doing about this. I've only got one so far :) Before I spend any more time with it I'll need to get the song that changes day to night.

MasterofDVD
04-06-03, 03:46 AM
Beat the game the other night. It was good but I can't see going back in the near future to work on what Lint mentioned. The game has flaws but overall it's one of the best I've ever played.

Sessa17
04-06-03, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Lint
With regard to Medli, once I figured out you needed to stand on the platform, I got her up on the ledge on the first try. Are you sure you are trying to throw her to the correct ledge? I did this part a long time ago, but I believe the bridge is broken and you have to throw her to one side of it. In other words, are you facing the right direction?

Well, I am indeed a retard. Sometimes my brain just spazzes out & I miss seeing the most simple of things in games. After 2 straight hours of trying yesterday. I finally realized I was indeed, throwing her in the wrong direction. As soon as I read this post. I turned around, & got her up there the first try.

Man I'm dumb, but my love for this game is now back.

xmiyux
04-06-03, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by BartleyR7
That is very odd. My problem was that I was trying to throw her from the floor (spent a few minutes wasted on that one). I don't know what else to tell you. I didn't have to run and throw, I just threw her. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you do it EXACTLY when the wind changes direction. If you wait for even a few seconds, she may not make it.

Heh - not sure what it says about my puzzle solving skills but i spent like 10 minutes trying to throw her from the floor... and i did indeed get her up there from the floor. It never even ocurred to me to go to the bridge on the other side. I also used the wind requiem to make sure the wind was blowing in the right direction.

tanman
04-07-03, 10:02 AM
I spent 10 minutes just throwing her into the wall and talking to her afterwards it is quite funny :)

I am further in the game now and I still am not yet sick of sailing. It is much more fun than I thought it would be. I am even making a map and writing down stuff on graph paper. I've never done that on a game before. Anyone else doing this. there is so much to do. Anyone that is using a guide is really cheating theirselves of a lot of fun trying to figure things out on your own.

huh?
04-07-03, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by tanman
I spent 10 minutes just throwing her into the wall and talking to her afterwards it is quite funny :)

I am further in the game now and I still am not yet sick of sailing. It is much more fun than I thought it would be. I am even making a map and writing down stuff on graph paper. I've never done that on a game before. Anyone else doing this. there is so much to do. Anyone that is using a guide is really cheating theirselves of a lot of fun trying to figure things out on your own.

i've been doing the same thing. trying to fill out the map myself as well as with the fish in the game. i even jot down some of the tips the fish give me so i don't have to go back and spend more bait on them.

i don't really enjoy using guides. espicially with zelda. its more fun to go at it on your own. if i ever get real stuck i just ask someone here who probably has a guide ;)

Groucho
04-07-03, 10:18 AM
I am even making a map and writing down stuff on graph paper. I've never done that on a game before.Never played "Zork" (or any of the other old Infocom adventures), eh?

Neitzl
04-07-03, 10:19 AM
I agree about the guide. Although I've started using one only for the minor things. I'm just about to face Ganon, so instead I went back and started doing things I wanted to complete. The side quests. I did most everything on my own except for:

Getting the color pictograph
Getting the Day to night, night to day song (I had no clue w/ this)
Getting the Sea flowers and exotic flowers

I didn't need help on the auction though, that happened by pure luck and it was really fun!

Great game...though I didn't get the feeling of going to different dungeons as I did in the other games, rather, it was just one continous flow of adventure.

Neitzl

Thunderball
04-07-03, 11:12 AM
Ok, I'm playing this game very slowly and methodically.

I just beat Hyrule Castle and got the Master Sword/

The boss in the Tower of the Gods was a royal pain in my ass, until I realized the you can L lock onto targets and use the bow/arrow. Beat him in about 3 minutes this morning.

I'm really enjoying this game. I don't think it's superior to ALttP, but it's up there.

sdcrym
04-07-03, 02:21 PM

I am further in the game now and I still am not yet sick of sailing. It is much more fun than I thought it would be. I am even making a map and writing down stuff on graph paper. I've never done that on a game before. Anyone else doing this. there is so much to do. Anyone that is using a guide is really cheating theirselves of a lot of fun trying to figure things out on your own. By the time I got to the end of Myst III:Exile about a month ago, the wall by my computer was covered in post-it notes.

mabus
04-07-03, 02:45 PM
I have a quick question for those who finished the game...

a friend told me that after the game ends you can't go back to do the tasks you didn't complete...you can only restart the game from the beginning.

This just doesn't make sense to me. Once I finish the game I will still be able to go back and get treasures I never got, or do tasks for people that I never did..., right?

MasterofDVD
04-07-03, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by mabus
I have a quick question for those who finished the game...

a friend told me that after the game ends you can't go back to do the tasks you didn't complete...you can only restart the game from the beginning.

This just doesn't make sense to me. Once I finish the game I will still be able to go back and get treasures I never got, or do tasks for people that I never did..., right?

When you beat the game you start it all over again on Outset Island. After the credits roll you will have the option to save it and from that save you will start the second quest. A few things at the start are different this time around but it's pretty much like doing it all over again.

tanman
04-07-03, 05:22 PM
When you beat the game you start it all over again on Outset Island. After the credits roll you will have the option to save it and from that save you will start the second quest. A few things at the start are different this time around but it's pretty much like doing it all over again.

So just don't save it. Or copy the file onto another mem card. its just like the original Zelda. (I sheepishly admit that I never did the second quest.

As for the guide I admit that I did purchase one (when they were five bucks at CC) but won't use it until I want to find every little thing. even then I might not. but my brother will. I know... but he still enjoys it. oh well.

as for the notes I did take notes before in myst (never finished it) and some dungeons in various games but not for the main part of the game. I am so loving it. It will be a sad day when I talk to all the fish and get everything. of course that day may be in 2012 with all there is to do :)

mabus
04-07-03, 11:23 PM
crap! i figured there was no way that the game would not let me finish up the things i never did.

If it's gonna do that then i will probably make sure to do everything i feel like doing in the game before fighting the final boss

sdcrym
04-07-03, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by mabus
crap! i figured there was no way that the game would not let me finish up the things i never did.

If it's gonna do that then i will probably make sure to do everything i feel like doing in the game before fighting the final boss Assuming you have at least one of the three save game slots open, just copy your game file before you fight the last guy. That way you'll have the one slot start over, but the copied slot will have everything up to the last boss.

Thunderball
04-07-03, 11:43 PM
Can someone tell me where to get the Wind God's Aria?

alexkat
04-08-03, 10:25 AM
Can someone tell me where to get the Wind God's Aria?

There is an island in the north that has a huge headstone blowing wind. Once you are able to get into the cave behind the headstone, you will learn the wind god's aria.

Thunderball
04-08-03, 11:14 AM
er alex, I'm sorry, wrong one. I need the Ballad of the Gales :o

Copenhagen
04-08-03, 11:25 AM
Tball
You'll need the arrows and you will have to get caught in one of those cyclones. Once your being drawn in start shooting arrows at the guy near the top. I think it takes three hits and you'll get the ballad of the gales.

Thunderball
04-08-03, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Copenhagen
Tball
You'll need the arrows and you will have to get caught in one of those cyclones. Once your being drawn in start shooting arrows at the guy near the top. I think it takes three hits and you'll get the ballad of the gales.

Thanks, I knew what I had to do, but couldn't find the cyclone. Finally found one at Shark Island.

Thanks for the help.

squidget
04-08-03, 12:00 PM
ok i'm stuck.
right before you enter the 1st dungeon you have to knock the 2 statues down with the plant bombs. I got the one on the right but i *cannot* seem to get the one of the left to fall.
i tried to jump w/ a bomb to get closer, now have toasty bottom
am i missing something?

Thunderball
04-08-03, 12:08 PM
I was stuck there too squidget. It's just good aim.

xmiyux
04-08-03, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by squidget
ok i'm stuck.
right before you enter the 1st dungeon you have to knock the 2 statues down with the plant bombs. I got the one on the right but i *cannot* seem to get the one of the left to fall.
i tried to jump w/ a bomb to get closer, now have toasty bottom
am i missing something?

This one took me a little bit to puzzle out as well.

you have to jump onto the first statue you knocked down and then throw it into the second. While holding a bomb if you just walk to the edge of the platform and walk off you will automatically jump without pushing a button - this is what i didn't know ;)

squidget
04-08-03, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by xmiyux
This one took me a little bit to puzzle out as well.

you have to jump onto the first statue you knocked down and then throw it into the second. While holding a bomb if you just walk to the edge of the platform and walk off you will automatically jump without pushing a button - this is what i didn't know ;)
i tried that, thats how i ended up with toasty bottom
so jumping is suppose to work when carrying things?

Copenhagen
04-08-03, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by squidget
so jumping is suppose to work when carrying things?

yes

huh?
04-09-03, 06:20 AM
do you have to water all of the trees with forest water on one turn, or can you go back and refill with forest water? i got five of them, but then my water turned back to normal, can i just refill and take on the other three, or do i have to go back to the ones i already "helped"?

Maryang Palad
04-09-03, 08:23 AM
do you have to water all of the trees with forest water on one turn, or can you go back and refill with forest water? i got five of them, but then my water turned back to normal, can i just refill and take on the other three, or do i have to go back to the ones i already "helped"?

If you run out of time, you have to do it all again.

CharlesC
04-09-03, 09:54 AM
Crap! I've just been doing them as I've gone along? Man thats a lot of sailing.

SpaceBoy
04-14-03, 04:54 PM
Figure I"ll give this a bump, since I just finally picked it up today. Didn't get a preorder disc though :(

I'm liking it thurs far, although it's a bit slow, still on sneaking around level, which isn't exactly what I was hoping for, but it's cool looking. My gf came in while I was playing, and was like what cartoon you watching.. rotfl

madara
04-14-03, 06:35 PM
I beat it last night. I enjoyed experience but was first zelda where I actually wanted to be done with it. I thought ghost ship and first part of last dungeon were complete sell out, like lol did they run out of room on there special discs? But second half last dungeon thru to end was sweet. Boggles me that someone can say this is too much like OOT though, i wish. I still love Medli and her sayings when you throw her, that was too funny. And when link does his dance of victory when defeat a boss, lol, good one too.

tofu
04-14-03, 08:09 PM
So how long is it taking for people to beat the game? I'm at Ganon's tower after playing for a couple weeks. It's seemed rather short to me.

Josh H
04-14-03, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SpaceBoy

I'm liking it thurs far, although it's a bit slow, still on sneaking around level, which isn't exactly what I was hoping for,

I was the same way at that point, but thankfully, the game gets much more exciting and interesting. The sneaking around is limited to that part as far as I can tell (having not finished it yet).

It's really sucked me in. There's just a ton of stuff you can do, when you get further. Hunt for treasure, go around getting fish to fill in your map, explore islands looking for crap, work towards getting into the wind and earth dungeons get the triforce maps and hunt for the pieces, mini-games etc. There's also more emphasis on combat than in the N64 incarnations IMO, and the game does a better job of letting you know where to go next. I like that the next dungeon's location is indicated on the map, ala Link to the Past. It gives you the option of trying to run straight their, or just piddle around with side quests or exploring the world.

I'll bump my initial 9.0 rating up to a 10, but I'll still wait until finshing the game to finalize the score and vote in the poll.

Originally posted by tofu
So how long is it taking for people to beat the game? I'm at Ganon's tower after playing for a couple weeks. It's seemed rather short to me.

I haven't finished yet, but reviews say 20-25 hours if you just go straight through the main tasks not using a guide, with 40+ if you take the time to explore and do sidequests (or do them later and count this to your play time. This is pretty much standard length for every Zelda game. There's also a second quest with some minor changes, ala the original Zelda, that opens up when you finish the game.

Simpson Purist
04-15-03, 09:18 AM
This game friggin' rocks. I think many of you guys are a bit too harsh on the Forbidden Fortress stage in the beginning. Sure it's frustrating, but I've seen worse stealth levels than this. The peeve I have (the same can be said about every 3rd person game nowadays) is the camera.

chess
04-15-03, 10:22 AM
amazing game...a bit too easy (especially the bosses) and a bit too short.

finished it last week. previously rated it a 10 and i stand by that...what it lacks in OOT goodness, it makes up for in presentation and ingenuity.

RVP
04-15-03, 10:25 AM
Can someone tell me how to get on the ghost pirate ship? I found it last night but could't figure out how to board it.

Maryang Palad
04-15-03, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by RVP
Can someone tell me how to get on the ghost pirate ship? I found it last night but could't figure out how to board it.

Just go through it.

RVP
04-15-03, 01:16 PM
Just go through it.

I tried sailing through it but it would just disapear.

Copenhagen
04-15-03, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by RVP
I tried sailing through it but it would just disapear.

I thing you need the ghost ship map which is on diamond steppe island, which I am also trying to get. If anyone could give me a tip here it would be appreciated.

chess
04-15-03, 01:44 PM
you need something to get onto that island and it comes in one of the last few dungeons...just forget the pirate ship for now.

Copenhagen
04-15-03, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by chess
you need something to get onto that island and it comes in one of the last few dungeons...just forget the pirate ship for now.

Like after the earth and wind ones?

RVP
04-15-03, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by chess
you need something to get onto that island and it comes in one of the last few dungeons...just forget the pirate ship for now. But this is the only triforce map i don't have. What else do I need to do?

Maryang Palad
04-15-03, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by RVP
But this is the only triforce map i don't have. What else do I need to do?

You need to get the ghost ship map first. The ghost ship map will tell you the location of the ghost ship depending on the moon.

Maryang Palad
04-15-03, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Copenhagen
I thing you need the ghost ship map which is on diamond steppe island, which I am also trying to get. If anyone could give me a tip here it would be appreciated.

Get to the top by using hook shot to the trees.

RVP
04-15-03, 02:19 PM

You need to get the ghost ship map first. The ghost ship map will tell you the location of the ghost ship depending on the moon.

Where might I find this map?

Maryang Palad
04-15-03, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by RVP
Where might I find this map?

Its at (1,2) coordinate, the Diamond Steppe Island. Since you can't land on the island, use the hookshot to get up to the top.

Sessa17
04-15-03, 06:44 PM
Some questions for the Zelda masters here, I just finished the part where you learn Tetris is Zelda & now I'm just going around trying to find/unlock things. I don't want this game to end so I'm trying to get everything.

here are some questions that are bothering me. . .

- Where do you get the windwaker song to change night to day. I definitely missed this somewhere, I think I should have it already.

- What are the little basis everywhere on Windfall Island that say you need to put something decorative in them? What are you suppose to put in them, I've tried everything.

- Who is that blonde girl that appears on Windfall at night, that says "shhhhh, get away from me"? Are you suppose to sneak up & follow her?

Liver&Onions
04-15-03, 06:49 PM
Some questions for the Zelda masters here, I just finished the part where you learn Tetris is Zelda & now I'm just going around trying to find/unlock things. I don't want this game to end so I'm trying to get everything.

here are some questions that are bothering me. . .

- Where do you get the windwaker song to change night to day. I definitely missed this somewhere, I think I should have it already.
Doesn't someone talk about some guy having the perfect rhythm ;) Think Elvis

- What are the little basis everywhere on Windfall Island that say you need to put something decorative in them? What are you suppose to put in them, I've tried everything.
Hmmm.... you know what a TOWN could use? Some flowers....

- Who is that blonde girl that appears on Windfall at night, that says "shhhhh, get away from me"? Are you suppose to sneak up & follow her?
Doesn't the eskimo dude complain about his safe being tampered with? Perhaps this young lass had something to do with it ;)

Hope that helped :)

Sessa17
04-15-03, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Liver&Onions
Hope that helped :)

Good stuff man. I like that you just gave clues, I should be able to figure them out. Thanks.

huh?
04-16-03, 07:50 AM
I just got the Fire and Ice arrows and the power bracelets. I went to headstone island and the other island (i forget the name). Both places they told me to find people with instruments and teach them a song.

Any idea where these people are? I've been searching and searching. I think one of them might be in the forest where the deku tree is, but i don't know. Can someone give me a little hint?

thanks

Maryang Palad
04-16-03, 08:02 AM
I just got the Fire and Ice arrows and the power bracelets. I went to headstone island and the other island (i forget the name). Both places they told me to find people with instruments and teach them a song.

Any idea where these people are? I've been searching and searching. I think one of them might be in the forest where the deku tree is, but i don't know. Can someone give me a little hint?

thanks

One is a bird and one is a tree

huh?
04-16-03, 09:06 AM
One is a bird and one is a tree

thats what i thought but i went to the deku tree and he said that the dude who plays songs is gone and told me not to look for him because he will return. hmm, maybe i have to find the other one first.

chess
04-16-03, 09:30 AM
thats what i thought but i went to the deku tree and he said that the dude who plays songs is gone and told me not to look for him because he will return. hmm, maybe i have to find the other one first.

maybe

SpaceBoy
04-16-03, 04:40 PM
Am I an idiot or something, I can't collect more ruppees when I get to 200, that's not the most you can have is it?

Copenhagen
04-16-03, 04:43 PM
You can upgrade your purse twice, you just have to find the right "person" to do it.

mtucker
04-16-03, 05:06 PM
Well, I finished this a few days ago. I swear the end almost lost me where I had to go on the treasure hunt for all the "triumph forks". Part of the problem was the fact that my funds were low and kept having to hunt for rupees. Anyways I was able to stick it out and made to one of the finest cinematic end battles I've seen in a while.

Sessa17
04-16-03, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by SpaceBoy
Am I an idiot or something, I can't collect more ruppees when I get to 200, that's not the most you can have is it?

No, I felt like I was missing something for a while also. Just seemed like I was into the game too far to still only have 200 rupies. But you can indeed upgrade twice & hold up to 5000.

mtucker
04-16-03, 08:57 PM
No, I felt like I was missing something for a while also. Just seemed like I was into the game too far to still only have 200 rupies. But you can indeed upgrade twice & hold up to 5000.

same here. I was collecting those 200 rupee treasures left and right while my limit was only 200. So many wasted rupees.

Sessa17
04-21-03, 05:49 PM
Some more random questions. Hopefully the Zelda experts are still reading this. . .

Is there a way to grapple on to an island? There must be. For islands like Diamond Steppe Island & some pirate locations that you can't land on. I already figured out you have to use seagulls on some islands. But there must be a way to grapple on to Diamond Steppe. But whenever I use the grapple from the boat, all I can do is lower into the see.

I still can't figure out what the deal is w/ the bases on Windfall Island. I know you put flowers or pinwheels into them. But I think I filled everyone up & nothing happened. Are they really just for decoration?

How do I get the magic armor/arrows(not fire/ice I have that already)? I think that's the only item I'm still missing?

As always help is appreciated. And this game still rules.

Lint
04-21-03, 07:43 PM

Is there a way to grapple on to an island? There must be. For islands like Diamond Steppe Island & some pirate locations that you can't land on.
You may need to use another item, not the grappling hook. Maybe you don't have it yet. I played this part a long time ago, but perhaps you use the.....(read on if you want it spoiled)...
the hookshot

I still can't figure out what the deal is w/ the bases on Windfall Island. I know you put flowers or pinwheels into them. But I think I filled everyone up & nothing happened. Are they really just for decoration?

If you fill them ALL up with something, anything, you must then talk to somebody who will give you a gift. If you've talked to everybody, especially somebody who asks you about volunteering or something, and he/she doesn't give you anything, you probably have not filled up all the bases. Did you get the two on the little ledge about the guy who sits on the stairs? How about the SIX on the first floor of the auction house? The ones in the classroom? The pictograph store? The battleship game place?

How do I get the magic armor/arrows(not fire/ice I have that already)? I think that's the only item I'm still missing?
You can get the magic armor (from somebody) if you keep trading with the merchants until you get the last possible item.

As always help is appreciated. And this game still rules.

tanman
04-22-03, 02:40 AM
I just beat the temple of the gods and got to the underwater hyrule castle. Very very very very cool! And I really wasn't expecting the master sword there. And all the fights were very cool. Did anyone else see Prof. E. Gad among the hyrulian royalty?

Did anyone else get caught by surprise when they went outside and ran into the invisible barrier?

huh?
04-22-03, 08:00 AM
what do the joy pendants do? are they useful at all?

Lint
04-22-03, 08:30 AM
what do the joy pendants do? are they useful at all?

You need them to beat the game.

More hints...

You need to give them to somebody that you already know may have an interest in them in exchange for something.

More...

The person is on Windfall Island and you'll need to give her 20 of them.

More...

She'll also give you another gift when you give her 40 pendants.

Sessa17
04-22-03, 02:02 PM
Anyone know where you get the hookshot?

Thanks in advance.

chess
04-22-03, 02:16 PM
Anyone know where you get the hookshot?

Thanks in advance.

i don't recall exactly which dungeon, but i know you get it pretty late in the game.

Josh H
04-22-03, 06:35 PM
[B]Anyone know where you get the hookshot?
[B]

It's in the Wind Temple.

RVP
04-23-03, 11:10 AM
I just finished it today and it was awsome! I really loved the final battles. The game did seem too easy though, and I felt like I spent more time sailing and digging up treasure than I did in dungeons.

I would have liked to have a few more large dungeons with bosses. O well I guess I will just have to start it all over and see if i can find everything. Except for the gallery, I don't have that much patience.

CheetoDude23
04-24-03, 07:43 AM
I hated this game.

The cell-shading was very nice. If I were voting 1-10 simply for graphics, I'd give it at least a 9. Some of the dialog was funny.

But after I placed the third pearl , I said "Screw this." I traded it in.

More reasons for disliking it:

Paiiiinfully slow.

Storyline was weak. It didn't feel like Link.

I F@@kin' hated when I'd get a map or a compass in a dungeon and the game would tell me again what they do. I suppose this would be helpful if I recently had a lobotomy.

Sailing....Could King be any slower? Could that be any less fun? I'd find myself switching channels while waiting to get to an island. (Although I'd have to keep checking back to make sure I wasn't knocked off King.)

Finally, I guess this I've never liked games that have menial "real-life yet kiddish" tasks. The whole picture taking debacle made me have to check my pulse. This is the reason I don't own Animal Xing.

DaveNinja
04-24-03, 10:42 AM
The game just really starts after you place the 3rd pearl. After that they're less sailing and more dungeons. Really the long sailing times were what, 5 minutes at the most? does everyone have ADD now days? During that sailing you can be looking for the map fish, treasure or just keep jumping the boat.

BigDave
04-24-03, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by DaveNinja
does everyone have ADD now days?

Sadly, I think so. :(

I'm really enjoying this game, but I'm having to share playing time with my wife, so it's taking a bit longer to beat.

CheetoDude23
04-24-03, 12:03 PM
DaveNinja -

The game just really starts after you place the 3rd pearl. After that they're less sailing and more dungeons. Really the long sailing times were what, 5 minutes at the most? does everyone have ADD now days? During that sailing you can be looking for the map fish, treasure or just keep jumping the boat.

Actually, I said that I wasn't one for these types of games. If I had ADD, I wouldn't have spent countless hours on my other games. I play games for excitement and fun. If I wanted to have menial tasks as a recreation, I'd stick to real life.

I found Zelda neither exciting nor fun.

As far as "...just keep jumping the boat", if I were one to claim this as "fun", than I wouldn't go around accusing people of ADD.

sraan
04-24-03, 12:34 PM
I am a solid fan of the Zelda series and am about done with the Second Quest (just looking for more figurines). I gave this game a 9 which I had to do with some disappointment. I think I would have given it a 10 if there were just a few differences.

1. I actually really loved the sailing and wouldn't change it for anything - for the first 9/10 of the game. But after you beaten/almost beaten the game, you should be able to find a way to warp to any square you've already explored... Sailing becomes mega-tedious when you are searching for side-quests, even if you have the Ballad.

2. Auto-map the dang islands! Why do I have to buy bait, find the fish, and have him take his sweet time filling out my map! That's 49 tedious times I did that!

3. I was pretty disappointed with the Wind Waker wand itself. It's a pretty unneccessary trinket - they could have found better/faster ways to accomplish the purposes that the wand fulfilled. For example, instead of making you play the command song to switch between you and another character, there could be an item you set to x/y/z that let's you do it at the touch of a button.
The Waker is a gratuitious copy of the Ocarina anyway... and it's not nearly as cool. The Ocarina actually taught real notes and made real songs. Maybe somewhere along the way the Ocarina was melted down and got pounded into this baton?

4. Finally, I just get the feeling that theses tedious things exist to add length to a game where the skimped a bit on the dungeons. Remember the good old days when you were guaranteed eight or more solid dungeons in a Zelda game? That's gone down starting with Majora's Mask. Now if there was a dungeon for ALL of the sages, we would really be talking! Then they could get rid of all the "triumph forks" trawling as well.

All that said, I think the graphics are excellent and funny - I laughed out loud at Link being propelled through the air and impacting various walls, and also at being hit on by a certain supernatural character. The sailing is very cool for the most part, and the plot is my favorite of any in the series.

I actually really liked the brief stealth parts early on and thought it made sense within the game - you can't exactly hack your way through the enemy leader's stronghold right off the bat, can you? And don't forget that similar stealth components have been in OoT (remember sneaking into the palace?), the Oracle series, and probably others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

So, in other words, I think that everything else was polished so well, that it mostly makes up for my above beefs. I have to go with a 9 for it.

Well, I guess I have too much to say on the subject!

Josh H
04-24-03, 01:40 PM
I'm at Gannon's Tower now, and my opinions on the game are similar to sraans.

My initial score was a 9 or 9.5, then I bumped it to a ten, now it's looking like it will go back to a 9.

My main reason is I think they got lazy and put a lot of redundant stuff in the game to make it longer rather than having more dungeons.

Examples:

Sailing. It just takes too long. As sraan said, you should eventually be able to warp to any square. Perhaps that should open up when you have your chart completely filled in.

The triforce charts and shards. This got old fast. Go to a square, sail around/run around until you figure out how to get the chart. Then you can't read it so you have to get it deciphered. This costs a decent chunk of change so you have to waste time getting rupees. Then you have to sail the globe to dredge up the shards, which is easy and thus boring.

These are minor gripes though, I would just have greatly prefered another 3 or 4 dungeons to fill this play time rather than running around doing that crap.

I also agree with sraans complaints about the wind waker. It gets old fast having to play the damn song every 5 minutes to change the wind direction. It just should have been equip the item and press the direction you want the wind to go. They also don't need that little cutscene to show the wind changing direction everytime. I also agree with him about the command song, the wind and earth temples were tedious as hell from having to play that damn song a million times.

That aside, the rest of the game is flawless. The dungeons, while too few, are the best in the series IMO. They puzzles are just right. Not so hard that I ever got totally stuck and clueless for very long, but hard enough to make me have to think about for a while. Same goes for the bosses. I hate hard bosses. IMO the challenge for a boss in this type of game should be figuring out how to beat them. They should be easy to beat once you do so, and that's exactly how they are in this game (last boss aside as I haven't got their yet). The control is pretty much spot on. My only grip is it's sometimes near impossible to target the enemy you want. A good example is when you want to shoot one of the wizrobes and there's other guys closer to you. The graphics and sound are great as well, and totally fit the series (this coming from someone that generally hates cel shading).

So I say a 9/10, with the "cheap" ways of making the game longer keeping it from getting a perfect score. Nintendo seems to be falling back on these type of mechanisms all of a sudden, as the shard hunt was very reminiscent of hunting for the artifacts in Metroid Prime.

sraan
04-24-03, 03:01 PM
Yeah, that artifact hunting in Prime seemed like an afterthought, which was odd because I thought that the game was just the right length anyway. I still had to give that game a 10.

Interestingly enough, I was LESS disappointed with Mario Sunshine than this game. I thought Mario delivered exactly what I wanted and had little to no tediousness in it (sorry, I use that word a lot), and even though it was a Mario 64 clone, it was IMHO a nice variation on a theme, with the water pack and all. And it was considered by many to be the most disappointing game of the year.

Zelda (whose series I traditionally enjoy more than Mario, and usually seem t give a 10/10 rating), is less formulaic but not necessarily in a good way. And all the critics seem to be giving it unfettered accolades. And what's really strange to me is the criticisms seem to be for things that I didn't even notice - the camera (the game camera, not the Picto-box) for one thing. I don't think I ever became very frustrated at the camera - at least less so than most other games I've played. But then again I didn't feel it was all that bad in Mario Sunshine (except for a few key areas) either. Maybe I am just a "camera masta"!

Again, it deserves lots of praise because of the number of things it does right, but It's no OoT, LttP, or even original LoZ in my book.

I do have disagree a bit, Josh, and say that it was too easy for my taste. I don't think that there's been another Zelda that was this easy. I would have liked a little more challenge in both the bosses and dungeons.

Ralph Wiggum
04-24-03, 05:23 PM
I'd give this game a low 9 or high 8. It's very good, but it's not anywhere near as good as it should have been.

My main critiques of the game:

- difficulty was much too low
- too many sidequests, none were rewarding like the Biggoron Sword in OoT
- sailing is a great idea with poor execution, should have been able to fight while moving
- the overworld is too large, coupled with sailing makes large sections of the game unnecessarily tedious
- too few dungeons, the fire and ice sections should have been full-fledged dungeons
- the camera was very awkward at times
- shard hunting was horrible

Overall, it was a great game. The gameplay tweaks and new items were welcome and well-done. I loved all the aesthetics and music. The fleshed-out Zelda mythos were excellent as well. Too much padding and not enough substance keep this game from being a classic though.

Josh H
04-24-03, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by sraan

I do have disagree a bit, Josh, and say that it was too easy for my taste. I don't think that there's been another Zelda that was this easy. I would have liked a little more challenge in both the bosses and dungeons.

I'm sure most will disagree with me on that. I play games primarily to relax and unwind from the real world. As such I prefer games like this where the main challenge is just in wandering around and figuring things out. Games that are hard because you have to memorize patterns, be ultra precise in your timeing etc during fights just tend to piss me off and ruin the whole relaxation thing I'm going for. :D

Others seem to play games to have an intense experience and to be challenged, so obviously games like this aren't going to be liked as much by them.

sraan
04-24-03, 10:07 PM
I'm sure most will disagree with me on that. I play games primarily to relax and unwind from the real world. As such I prefer games like this where the main challenge is just in wandering around and figuring things out. Games that are hard because you have to memorize patterns, be ultra precise in your timeing etc during fights just tend to piss me off and ruin the whole relaxation thing I'm going for. :D

Yeah, I can understand that. Though even the puzzles in the dungeons seemed to be much easier than in previous titles. I don't like games that are frustrating either, but none of the Zeldas have ever been like that for me. Even Adventure of Link, though I was really in my gaming prime back then. I tried to play that again a couple of years ago and kept getting hosed by the bosses.

Josh H
04-25-03, 08:42 PM
Well I beat the game last night and I stand by my 9/10 score above.

I can't give it a ten for the reasons above, as well as the fact that the last battle was lame IMO, especially compared to the bad ass last battle in Ocarina of Time (probably my all time favorite).

darkside
04-25-03, 11:39 PM
Well I beat the game last night and I stand by my 9/10 score above.

I can't give it a ten for the reasons above, as well as the fact that the last battle was lame IMO, especially compared to the bad ass last battle in Ocarina of Time (probably my all time favorite).

Stayed with it and beat it tonight. I give it 7/10. Took me a long time to start enjoying it, but it was a good game. Had fun exploring the ocean, but the dungeons were a mixed bag. Some I really liked and some just seemed too tedious to enjoy.

I totally agree on the last battle. I liked the overall storyline, but the battle was no where near the great final battle in Ocarina. I loved the way you finish off Ganon though.

sraan
04-26-03, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by darkside
Stayed with it and beat it tonight. I give it 7/10. Took me a long time to start enjoying it, but it was a good game. Had fun exploring the ocean, but the dungeons were a mixed bag. Some I really liked and some just seemed too tedious to enjoy.

I totally agree on the last battle. I liked the overall storyline, but the battle was no where near the great final battle in Ocarina. I loved the way you finish off Ganon though.

Yeah, though it took me forever to figure out! I kept reflecting those dang light arrows from Zelda into his chest, maybe 20 times, and thinking, "How many stupid arrows does it take!" I had tried to attack him a few times but I was only using my B button. Then I finally did a jump-slash at him, mostly by accident. Well, that's my idiocy.

Josh H
04-26-03, 08:15 PM
I did the same thing sran. The game gave you no indication that you needed to wait for the a button thing to pop up. I thought that whole a button counter attack system was pretty lame anyway, much less to make that the way to kill the last guy.

Maryang Palad
04-26-03, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by sraan
Yeah, though it <b>took me forever</b> to figure out! I kept reflecting those dang light arrows from Zelda into his chest, maybe 20 times, and thinking, "How many stupid arrows does it take!" I had tried to attack him a few times but I was only using my B button. Then I finally did a jump-slash at him, mostly by accident. Well, that's my idiocy.

And you said the game was easy.

sraan
04-26-03, 10:21 PM
Yeah, but I didn't say I was smart.

sraan
04-26-03, 10:36 PM
I did the same thing sran. The game gave you no indication that you needed to wait for the a button thing to pop up. I thought that whole a button counter attack system was pretty lame anyway, much less to make that the way to kill the last guy.

If Zelda had just said "Reflect these arrows, then finish him!" then I probably would have figured it out. But instead she just kept shooting arrows at me and telling me to reflect them as if I was not doing that anyway, thank you very much, and I was yelling this is not working, you moron, and if you don't stop nagging me I am going to start reflecting them back at Your Highness!

I was a bit excited at the time, I think.

spainlinx0
04-27-03, 07:53 PM
I gave this a game a higher rating just for the fact that
spoiler regarding ending:
I HATE when after you beat the final boss you have to escape an exploding castle, ship, or whatever. If I beat that last boss I want to see an ENDING, not spend 3 minutes trying to escape. It's just a pet peeve of mine because I hate when objectives are timed, but that's just me. Oh well time for the second quest.

Josh H
04-27-03, 09:02 PM
I was glad about that too. However the cool thing in OOT was after the escape you fight the real last battle. So it wasn't just escape, then ending there.

BTW I though the ending for this game was pretty lame compared to the past couple zelda games (which didn't have spectacular endings either).

spainlinx0
04-28-03, 06:15 AM
My favorite Zelda ending was for the SNES version.
Spoiler just in case people want to go back and play:
I like endings that go around and show you what happened to characters at the end of the game. I remember saying to myself "aww that poor guy is still stuck on the mountain."

Chaos
04-28-03, 09:38 AM
I gave it a 10/10 - my only gripe is the camera sometimes goes nuts in closed environments.

I loved the ending - one of the best yet I think. I jsut loved that way Link finished off Gannon, and the way that they left it open for other Link adventures or other heroes (Hero opf time, winds, grass, water, etc . . ) I loved the ending comments by Gannon - heh heh, The Wind . . . It is Blowing . . . , as well as how Gannon doesn't seem that bad when he tells his story, kinda creates some sympathy; (maybe for a twist he'll team up with Link in some future adventure?)
Lastly, I loved how I created a new Pedestal of Time!!

What's entailed in the second quest? I started it to see, and all I have is my camera - what's different???

Josh H
04-28-03, 01:31 PM
spainlinx0,

That was exactly why I liked the SNES and N64 Zelda endings better than this one.

But it's still no big deal as an ending will never effect my opinion/rating of a game, but it would have been nice to have seen more than just the pirates and outset island in the ending.

eatntae
04-28-03, 02:26 PM
Chaos,

besides the fact that you wear your pajamas throughout the whole game, i don't think the second quest is different at all.

spainlinx0
04-28-03, 04:17 PM
That's enough because I love the pajamas. Where can I buy those?

sraan
04-29-03, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by eatntae
Chaos,

besides the fact that you wear your pajamas throughout the whole game, i don't think the second quest is different at all.

Also you can now understand the Hylian language, so you can understand what Valoo and Jabun are saying, etc. Some of it is mildly interesting.

PixyJunket
04-29-03, 11:34 AM
I thought I'd chime in a say that I'm missing ONE stupid Triforce piece.. I've managed to get 16 hearts and 35 maps so far w/o a guide.. I'm pretty sure the map I'm missing has to do with all the fish saying "Don't come here when the moon is blah blah blah" so I'm going to sweep the map tonight and hunt those down.. I think I'll wait until 2nd quest to try and find "everything"..

A simple yes or no question though.. are there many heart pieces or maps that can't be found with good ol' trial and error? I was able to get them all in ocarina of Time.. Majora's Mask on the other hand.. :rolleyes:

Josh H
04-29-03, 12:30 PM
I'll try to paraphrase the fish clues relevant to the triforce chart you're missing.

You're right about the first part, and there's several fish that say that as the thing you're looking for is in different areas in different moon phases.

The next relevant clue is something like. "The thing that always disappears when you get near it, the treasure on Diamond Steppe Island will keep it from disappearing."

PixyJunket
04-29-03, 12:51 PM
I'll try to paraphrase the fish clues relevant to the triforce chart you're missing.

You're right about the first part, and there's several fish that say that as the thing you're looking for is in different areas in different moon phases.

The next relevant clue is something like. "The thing that always disappears when you get near it, the treasure on Diamond Steppe Island will keep it from disappearing."
:lol:

At first I was like.. "Don't swipe that man, be strong..".. but I did, and the funny part is that it was exactly the first thing I was going to do when I get home. I noted a few islands in my head with "How the *#$% do I get up there..", now that I have the treasure from the Wind Temple I was trying to remeber those islands..

I will say, while playing w/o a guide is highly satisfying, there are times where I want to kick something.. I remeber I actually solved that stupid slide puzzle in the bachelor pad thinking that would get a triforce map, and AFTER I realized it really was only money did I notice Link's eyes looking at something. Grr..

And Needle Point Island.. I still hate that place. I actually sniped all 4 birds circling the top of the tower thinking it would remove the flame from the chest (which, was NOT an easy task).. only to later utilize my telescope to see what else was around (this time.. the different looking pirate ship).. I'll open the flaming chest there one day.. :mad: