DVD Talk
The One/Only ZELDA - Wind Waker thread (plus rate it) [Archive] - Page 2 - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : The One/Only ZELDA - Wind Waker thread (plus rate it)

Pages : 1 [2]

Josh H
04-29-03, 01:56 PM
I played without a guide, but I did look up something on gamefaqs twice.

I wrote down most of the fish clues that sounded important, so I didn't have any issues with that. I figured you'd rather just get a paraphrased version of them rather than sailing randomly around trying to find the right fish, buying all that damn bait and what not. :D

Maryang Palad
04-29-03, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by pixyboi

And Needle Point Island.. I still hate that place. I actually sniped all 4 birds circling the top of the tower thinking it would remove the flame from the chest (which, was NOT an easy task).. only to later utilize my telescope to see what else was around (this time.. the different looking pirate ship).. I'll open the flaming chest there one day.. :mad:

I had a hard time on that island too. The only way to remove the flame from the chest is to turn on the switch on top of the tower/mountain.

PixyJunket
04-29-03, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I played without a guide, but I did look up something on gamefaqs twice.

I wrote down most of the fish clues that sounded important, so I didn't have any issues with that. I figured you'd rather just get a paraphrased version of them rather than sailing randomly around trying to find the right fish, buying all that damn bait and what not. :D
Appreciate it. It's refreshing to hear there are still people who play through games on thier own. I feel Wind Waker does a good job of giving you clues for everything. If you don't mind me asking, what did you look up (as long as it's something I'm already passed hehe..)

I think I managed to find something on accident that may have been a potential for looking up. The cave where Makar is hiding, early in the game I was trying to get into the forest area and was being cocky and decided to just use my leaf to get over the gaps instead of the grappling hook, well the wind was blowing the wrong direction and I ended up in that cave. It was empty and I almost thought it was a glitch or red herring. Later on however, when I heard his music I was like "OH! I know EXACLTY where he is wahahaha.."
Maryang, thanks for the tip, I will swipe it if I can't figure it out, my 2 latest ideas invovle cannonballs or a seagull.

One thing I didn't like was how you only got maps of the major islands.. I was always thinking on smaller isalnds I wish it was there so I could see where I left my boat.

Josh H
04-29-03, 09:46 PM
I looked up how to get into the first "partner" temple. When I saw the instrument I though for sure it was Makar, but I couldn't find him. BTW I stumbled into that cave the same way. I had forgot all about the bird girl and would have wandered endlessly for hours.

The last thing I looked up was to do with the last battle. I was staying alive indefinitely but couldn't figure out how to finish him off. It's a pretty lame way to do it, you'll see when you get there.

spainlinx0
04-29-03, 10:30 PM
Yes I beat the game without using GameFaq's but it's funny that I never found the damn song of passing. I then found it when I downloaded the guide from Gamespot. I actually should have found that myself, but I kept forgetting to stand in front of the guy with the Wind Waker.

huh?
04-30-03, 07:07 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pixyboi

I think I managed to find something on accident that may have been a potential for looking up. The cave where Makar is hiding, early in the game I was trying to get into the forest area and was being cocky and decided to just use my leaf to get over the gaps instead of the grappling hook, well the wind was blowing the wrong direction and I ended up in that cave. It was empty and I almost thought it was a glitch or red herring. Later on however, when I heard his music I was like "OH! I know EXACLTY where he is wahahaha.."
[QUOTE]

LOL!!... I did the same thing.

tanman
04-30-03, 02:14 PM
It seems like you guys are way past this point but I just found out the big plot point after you rescue your sister.

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I really didn't think about Tetra being Princess Zelda. For OoT my brother spoiled the surprise for me. I also didn't think about the king being the king of red lions. I really wish they kept the name just King Hyrule instead of King Daphne Nohanson Hyrule? um....just stick with King Hyrule.

Chaos
04-30-03, 02:18 PM
I found the cave of makar ahead of time too by accident - I was swinging to get into forest haven, and accindentally swung right into the waterfall - I thought it was a jip becuase there wasn't anything there, so I went back out, and this time remmebered to hit R to stop myself.

PixyJunket
04-30-03, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by tanman
It seems like you guys are way past this point but I just found out the big plot point after you rescue your sister.

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I really didn't think about Tetra being Princess Zelda. For OoT my brother spoiled the surprise for me. I also didn't think about the king being the king of red lions. I really wish they kept the name just King Hyrule instead of King Daphne Nohanson Hyrule? um....just stick with King Hyrule.
You got a hint right before you find out.. check the pictures in Hyrule Castle..

tanman
04-30-03, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by pixyboi
You got a hint right before you find out.. check the pictures in Hyrule Castle..

I did see the pictures. But I didn't think that that was what it was. I did see Prof E. Gad though.

PixyJunket
05-01-03, 10:14 AM
Well I beat it last night.. overall I think the final battles were more satisfying than in Ocarina of Time, though Ocarina's final battle was more "dramatic".

I really like how Zelda was an actual part of the last battle as opposed to standing on the side screaming like a stupid whore. Oh yes, I'm a cool ninja until the end of the game where I just whine.. I had no problems finishing him off, I think the only real problem I had was I was using arrows to snap the wires off the first puppet Gannon. It wasn't until about 10 minutes of frustration that I thought that the bommerang might be a better idea..
It's diffucult to rate this game because the reasons I'd like to dock points are simply because I want more, more, more!! It deserves a 10, it really does. The graphics are amazing, I've always stood by that; and seeing them in action and the overall style and feeling of the game goes years and years beyond what any "real" looking game can acomplish. The music was awesome, if at times not really noticeable.. I think my favorite music is when you fight a mini-boss, that rocks. The control is flawless. I simply love the battles in this game, the new parry attacks totally rock my world and I got so good at battle those big monsters, when people watched me play thier jaws dropped at how nimble you can be in the game. The story is refreshing, and there's not too much of it shoved down your throat like Playstation games. They serve just the right amount to keep you interested in what's going on in the world you're in, without making you think "Jesus Chhrist can I control my character now?!".. My only complaints are lack of dungeons. They were just SOO well done it leaves you hot and bothered for more. My only other complaint is it would've been nice to have an option for a harder diffuculty for people that aren't retarded. I think it just may be impossible to die!!

Liver&Onions
05-01-03, 12:13 PM
I died. I beat up the fat black pig and he kicked my ass. :(

tanman
05-01-03, 05:15 PM
Ahh yes....the huge pig on Outset Island. That thing is the only thing that has killed me yet!

I miss the chickens though.

spainlinx0
05-01-03, 11:51 PM
That's so weird because that fat swine was the only thing in the game that killed me as well. I didn't realize that he would get mad if you continuously throw him. Not my fault he takes FOREVER to carry anywhere.

sraan
05-02-03, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I barely got away from my fat pig encounter. He's vicious. Haven't gotten killed yet though... Man, those hearts go a long way. Plus Grandma's soup, it eats like a meal... but why do we have to be treated to three boxes of slow text every time we get the dang bottle filled! Okay, I know she's the sweetest already!

Matt925
05-02-03, 07:27 PM
Gotta love this quote from Wind Waker director Eiji Aonuma in the latest issue of EGM:

EGM: Another thing we hear a lot is that the game doesn't have enough dungeons. We heard two were cut?

EA: The reason we ended up pulling those is, as we were looking at the overall scale of the adventure, it had gotten really big. At that point we thought it had gotten too big for all ages to play. And that was the idea - we wanted anyone, kids to adults, experts to new gamers, to be able to play through the new game to completion.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I would love to see the demographics on who's actually playing this game. And anyway, making the game shorter doesn't have anything to do with difficulty. If people can get through the other four dungeons, they would be able to get through those two.

Josh H
05-02-03, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I thought that was lame as well.

In another interview Miyamoto said they've gotten a ton of complaints about Mario Sunshine being too hard and that they'll remedy the problem in the future. -rolleyes-

What they need to do is start putting damn difficulty selection in their games.

Default it to easy so the core younger nintendo audience has no problems, and offer a harder setting for older gamers. They could even make the harder setting longer with more dungeons or whatever.

That's the way to make a game work for all ages IMO.

PixyJunket
05-03-03, 12:41 AM
Okay. I should not have ready that.. now I'm going to go to sleep pissed off.. and that's never a pretty thing..

:grunt:

spainlinx0
05-03-03, 12:47 AM
I hate difficulty selection. It always seems developers just cop out and make the game cheaper, not harder. If you can't complete it because it's too long then just don't complete it.

GatorDeb
06-27-03, 12:15 AM
I just picked it up and I'm having a blast. It is awesome.

I can't make it through the swinging, though, I keep falling :(

GatorDeb
06-27-03, 09:43 AM
FINALLY got it past the swinging in the pirates ship. I think a big part of it was that I've never done 3-D gaming like this before (I've done Animal Crossing but that doesn't count) so it was harder for me to adjust. I'm sure someone who went through Mario 64 went through it in their first tries, not after an hour of falling like me. This is the first Zelda I play since The Legend of Zelda in the NES.

I encountered some enemies without my sword in the Forbidden Forest. There was a ladder I got to (I put a barrel on top of me and everytime an enemy light got near I crouched so that the barrel landed on the floor) that was too high and I couldn't figure out if that's where the sword was. So without sword I died. Sigh :) That's where I am right now. I am enjoying this game very much though. I think Cel Shading was the way to go (not that I've ever played the 3-D realistic ones, but I enjoy the graphics here).

GatorDeb
06-27-03, 10:54 AM
Isn't anybody else playing this anymore? :(

Since I bought it now I don't get the free OOT do I? Not even by writing to Nintendo?

I defeated the three guards and now I have no clue where to go from here but still loving it :) I am REALLY glad for that swinging lesson - it really helps.

CharlesC
06-27-03, 10:57 AM
I'm still playing it. Its taking me forever! All the dang side quests and treasure hunting can really slow you down.

PixyJunket
06-27-03, 11:17 AM
I already beat it twice, and have other games to play. Well I was supposed to be playing lots and lots of PSO, and finally getting to play Metroid Prime, but then I unearthed an unholy love I've had before.. The Wonder Boy games.. now that's all I can play!

Goldberg74
06-27-03, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by GatorDeb
I defeated the three guards and now I have no clue where to go from here but still loving it :) I am REALLY glad for that swinging lesson - it really helps.

For GatorDeb... here's a walkthrough...

I think you are stuck at the same part that my little brother was yesterday. After you defeat the three guard that guard the search lights, go to the most north room on the second floor (try to get it from the right side.

When you enter that room, the camera swings past the big pig guard and shows you a door at the top of the room. Get under the barrel and sneak up to that door. As soon as you hit the steps you can run up and through the door.

Run up the stairs (3 flights) and then get in the barrel. Sneak past another of the big pig guard and go to the left. Go up the ramp, and you'll get ot place that looks like its just a ledge.

This is where I got stuck, until I noticed something. If you stand against the wall, the word 'Sidle' will appear over the 'A' button, hit the button and you'll see Link cling to the wall. While holding down 'A', move along the wall, until you get to the end of the little ledge. You'll have to do it one more time before you get to the top.

Hope that helps.

Goldberg74
06-27-03, 12:43 PM
In another interview Miyamoto said they've gotten a ton of complaints about Mario Sunshine being too hard and that they'll remedy the problem in the future. -rolleyes-
While I agree that Mario Sunshine was too hard (I still only have 36 shines, and haven't played it since Feb), I wish that they would have included an option for Normal or Extended version of the game.

GatorDeb
06-27-03, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by CharlesC
I'm still playing it. Its taking me forever! All the dang side quests and treasure hunting can really slow you down. When did you start playing?!

That walkthrough is a little complicated for me at the moment... remember the last Zelda I played was the original one :D I got through two pig guards and now I'm in a room with some animals with it and after running I'm back in jail... SIGH... :)

GatorDeb
06-27-03, 01:03 PM
Ok, this is exactly where I am right now: On one end is the ladder to the third searchlight and on the other end is the ladder separated from the floor that I can't climb :)

I used my scope and saw a pig guard next to the lighted window/door and kept going to the right and am now seeing a HUGE bird... hope that's not a boss!

Josh H
06-27-03, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Goldberg74
While I agree that Mario Sunshine was too hard (I still only have 36 shines, and haven't played it since Feb), I wish that they would have included an option for Normal or Extended version of the game.

As far as beating the game, I think the difficulty was just right.

If they're talking about trying to get all 120 shines, then yeah it's too difficult. It's near impossible to find all the blue coins in each level without a faq, and the timed red coin challenges in the obstacle courses are hard as hell as well.

I'm at 80 shines I believe. No way I'll ever get them all. I'm pretty sure you don't get a new ending or anything anyway so it's pretty pointless to waste time searching for blue coins and what not.

Joshic
06-27-03, 01:58 PM
I recently finished Zelda Wind Waker. Believe it or not, it was the first Zelda game I ever played. I watched friends play the original zelda and zelda2 on NES, but that was it. I played 2 hr of Zelda on my GBA SP and hated it. I have never even seen Zelda OOT.

I gave Zelda Wind Waker an 8. The music and sound were unmemorable and boring. The graphics on the other hand were absolutely beautiful - it really felt like I was playing a cartoon. I played on my HDTV and progressive scan is very nice.

I thought the camera was bad. Oftentimes I wanted to center my view behind Link, and I would press L button to do it. But if there was an enemy nearby, it would lock onto that enemy rather than centering my view. Also, I disliked how the C-stick camera "free" view did not allow me to change zoom distance or Z-axis view. The camera was very limited IMO.

There were lots of islands to explore and it was fun to do so. But oftentimes I came to an island only to discover that I didn't have the items yet to complete side quests on that island. I don't mind this, except that once I visited 30+ islands, it was hard to remember which islands had which quests, and which items were required for which island, etc. There should be a journal system where the game automatically takes notes for you - most modern games like Morrowind do this. Otherwise the gamer has to take his own notes and it's very annoying to have to do this. This is lame old school style.

Also having to change the wind direction persay was not so bad, but having to endure the sequence and animation for it become very tiresome after the 100th time.

The gameplay was very fun and most of the puzzles were fun and intuitive to figure out. I didn't need a guide for most of the game, but there were some cases where I couldn't figure out a puzzle and had to resort to outside help. This mostly happened at the beginning of the game where I had to become accustomed to the Zelda-style gameplay and way of thinking for solving puzzles.

Overall it was a fun first-time Zelda experience and I liked the game a lot, but there are many, many other games that I have played in the past and recently that are comparable if not better IMO.

mmconhea
06-27-03, 02:08 PM
to center the camera behind you slightly hold down the left trigger, if you hold it too far it will lock.

Outlaw
06-27-03, 03:39 PM
The searchlight part is was a little hard for me. Well not really that hard, but took some thinking as to how to get to them to put them out. Just takes perseverence.

I discovered some fun stuff later in the game that you people may or may not know about. either way I thought they were pretty funny:

1) When on the boat, use the cannon to shoot Beedle's boat. :)
2) For the Traveling bomb merchants, use the leaf for a surprise.

I beat the game some time ago but now I'm getting the Nintendo Collection (just the ones of my favorite characters), and doing the panel puzzles in link's oasis. I was on a roll yesterday, only 5 more! :D

GatorDeb
06-27-03, 08:09 PM
Ok, I'm where the two guards are and now understand the part about "ledge." For me the wooden platform is more than a "ledge," but oh well :)

Now how do I get past them? I keep getting caught. Only move when their back is turned? What about when you are between them? Does it matter if you move when they are smelling?

I can't get past this level :(

Outlaw
06-28-03, 04:41 PM
Like I said, that part was the hardest for me because I kept getting caught too :). The key searchlight that you have to put out is the one that is shining on the "ledge" you have to sidle across because they'll keep firing cannons at you while you try to cross if you don't. It is on the far west side. Use your scope or the first person view to find out which searchlights you still have to put out. Its hard to give specific instructions because this dungeon is different from all the other dungeons in the game in that its pretty open ended on how you want to complete it.

There are 3 searchlights you can destroy from the 2nd level by climbing up ladders.

You can sneak behind the guards if you are walking (I think, been awhile since I've done it). if you run they might hear you and spot you. You can pick up a barrel and put hide in it while walking (make sure to stop moving if they are looking at you!!), and there's one area where you can hide behind a wooden panel. When they are smelling is a good time to move because they are standing still. Just hang in there :).

GatorDeb
06-28-03, 04:45 PM
All three searchlights are out. I get on the barrel but they always catch me :(

xmiyux
06-28-03, 10:59 PM
Also remember that even though this might be irritating eventually you will get a sword and the opportunity to wreak vengeance on the pig-men ;)

Outlaw
06-29-03, 02:24 AM
All three searchlights are out. I get on the barrel but they always catch me :(

This is the room in the northern most part of the map right? My sister is stuck at this dungeon too :). From where you get thrown in jail, you can avoid most of the pig-guards simply by staying on the second level (use the ropes with lanterns to swing across). keep making your way north on the map through the rooms. You'll get to a room (still on the 2nd floor) with 2 pig-guards, and a staircase on the west side of the room thats leading to a giant door (this is where you're having trouble I think). You have to sneak past the two guards. After you put on the barrel, never move if they are looking at you, or walking in your direction when looking at you. It helps to tiptoe by tilting the analog stick slightly. Only move when they are facing away from you. If they see you move (it makes the startling drum noise) and you were moving slowly you can save yourself sometimes by just letting go of the analog stick and not move. The way to get past them is to wait it out and not move in the barrel until they are facing away from you and then walk forward while they are looking away or walking away from you, you just have to make it to the stairs and your home free.

edit: I forgot to mention that after they turn and start walking away from you, should wait a few seconds before you start moving just to be safe.

Goldberg74
06-29-03, 11:24 AM
As far as beating the game, I think the difficulty was just right.

If they're talking about trying to get all 120 shines, then yeah it's too difficult. It's near impossible to find all the blue coins in each level without a faq, and the timed red coin challenges in the obstacle courses are hard as hell as well.

I'm at 80 shines I believe. No way I'll ever get them all. I'm pretty sure you don't get a new ending or anything anyway so it's pretty pointless to waste time searching for blue coins and what not.
Sorry, I changed topics in the middle:

While I agree that Mario Sunshine was too hard (I still only have 36 shines, and haven't played it since Feb), I wish that TLOZ: The Wind Waker would have included an option for Normal or Extended version of the game.

GatorDeb
06-29-03, 12:19 PM
Outlaw they ALWAYS catch me :(

Outlaw
06-29-03, 05:45 PM
You can do it GatorDeb.........

...I believe in you :)

I would take a break for a short period (shouldn't be too hard since you got some new games), it sometimes helps me. Then when you come back to the game, show them who the Debster is made of :D

GatorDeb
06-29-03, 05:48 PM
I'm going to ask a friend to pass it for me :) I hear after this there's no more stealth in the game.

Then I'm going to ask him to pass the first boss and first timed part of Metroid. Hopefully there's not too many other timed parts.

I suck at video games. I accept it. Action Replay levels it off a bit to the point that with enough effort I can pass them :) That's why I like RPGs - I have a chance :)

Goldberg74
06-30-03, 01:05 PM
Then I guess you don't have Splinter Cell do you Deb?

You can do it! (http://bennyhills.fortunecity.com/curtin/114/sounds3/allnight.wav)

joeblow69
06-30-03, 02:18 PM
Outlaw they ALWAYS catch me :(

I don't know if this helps, but if you're in the room I think you are, there are 2 entrances to it, depending on which direction you took around the castle (clockwise or counter-clockwise). I seem to remember it's easier coming from 1 direction, because the bad guys always circle the room facing the same way. Have you tried going around to the other entrance?

huh?
06-30-03, 05:40 PM
wind temple---

how the heck do you move the giant head in order to get your little firend out of the cage?

Goldberg74
07-01-03, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by huh?
wind temple---

how the heck do you move the giant head in order to get your little firend out of the cage?

You need two items:

Iron Boots and the Hookshot... wear the Iron Boots to weigh you down, and the use the Hookshot to pull the head off the wall.

GatorDeb
07-09-03, 02:37 PM
Ok my nephew passed it for me :D (the part with the pig guards). Yes I was going in through the wrong door, the other door looked easier.

Now I'm stuck on the Dragon Island in the part where you throw bomb flowers at the statues. The first I got the first time through. The second one I can't get. I understand you have to grab the bomb, jump into the first felled statue, and throw the bomb but I can't get the bomb into the statue holder :( And sometimes I fall into the Lava ... sigh.

Any tips?

Liver&Onions
07-09-03, 03:06 PM
Keep trying ;)

I finally fired this up and finished it the other night. Man, getting all the triumph forks peices was a pain in the ass. but it was a fun ride while it lasted.

GatorDeb
07-09-03, 05:44 PM
I did it, I did it, I freaking did it!

Yay, me! :)

GatorDeb
07-09-03, 05:52 PM
Question: How do you know where you'll continue if you save? For instance, in the Fortress, if I lost I had to start from the beginning of the Fortress. I'm now past the part in the dragon's lair where you go through the broken bridges and blow up the rock and go through the door to a room with vases and lava. If I quit and restart (after saving, of course) do I have to get through the whole thing over again? How can you tell what the save points are?

CTGuyInTX
07-09-03, 08:22 PM
Question: How do you know where you'll continue if you save? For instance, in the Fortress, if I lost I had to start from the beginning of the Fortress. I'm now past the part in the dragon's lair where you go through the broken bridges and blow up the rock and go through the door to a room with vases and lava. If I quit and restart (after saving, of course) do I have to get through the whole thing over again? How can you tell what the save points are?

When you restart, you'll start at the entrance of the dungeon. But there are a couple of pots (one of which is near the entrance) that you can unlock in the dungeon that will allow you to warp to certain sections.

GatorDeb
07-09-03, 09:47 PM
Whose idea was to make the dungeons so long without saving points? I have to leave the GC on and then come back to it, play half an hour, come back later and keep doing that.

BTW this game freaking rocks :D

Goldberg74
07-09-03, 10:01 PM
Whose idea was to make the dungeons so long without saving points?
That's how its always been. We have learned not to question things like that. It would upset the powers that be. ;)

GatorDeb
07-09-03, 10:06 PM
What's silly is that it just makes you have to leave the GC on until you pass the dungeon, decreasing the GC's life. Maybe it's a conspiracy to increase the number of GCs that break down and bring in revenue through repair centers. Hhhhmmm...

:)

sdcrym
07-09-03, 10:21 PM
or you could save your game, turn the GC off, and then quickly move through the dungeon back to where you left off. even if it takes a while to find your way back, you'll be getting more hours of gameplay out of the game ;)

GatorDeb
07-09-03, 10:21 PM
This game doesn't need enemies. I keep falling the lava without any help. This is like the sixth time I have to redo a room because I fell into the lava. Sigh.

C-Mart
07-10-03, 01:56 PM
Ok, this was a long read! I finally finished it though... the thread that is... I am still trying to get into the sage temples in the game. When I got it I played a little and then had school and other stuff to contend with. Now that I am on a break for summer I have more time. I have to say that I love this game, though it does get annoying having to sit through the cut-scenes for various things. Oddly enough I don't mind the wind direction one as much as when I pull something like a Chu-Jelly or a Golden Feather from a treasure chest... they still explain what each is for EVERY time, yet when one (golden feather especially) falls from a bird, I can just pick it up. I am glad to hear that the command song is used again... I was beginning to think that it was pointless, other then in the God's Temple. I am also glad to hear that there are more than two songs for the Wind Waker, and that one of them is within easy reach!

The key to where I am right now is being able to get into Mother and Daughter island. Any hints?

Thanks!

P.S. One of my favorite little things about this game is some of the innovation, mainly in the way that you can:

Throw a pot with water in it onto Lava to form blocks that you can stand on! That was just awesome!

C-Mart
07-10-03, 03:27 PM
Ok, I made it into Mother/Child Island and got the treasure there, then I went to Fire Island and got the treasure there! Now I have to get back to work.

Hey, is there anyway to increase the amount of magic that you have? I was trying the birdman competition and I just can't get very far on the magic that you start with. I was hoping that one of the fairies would increase my magic, but nope! (not one that I have found anyway... and I think I have them all. I got the whole map!

Goldberg74
07-10-03, 10:18 PM
C-Mart, there are eight Great Faries total, and two of them are for your Magic Meter. The others are for Bombs, Arrows and Rupies.

C-Mart
07-11-03, 05:06 AM
Cool! I have something to look forward to then. I have a few islands that I couldn't get to before, maybe I can get to them now. I am currently in the Wind God's Temple.

Aren't there 3 for arrows (1 to put them at 60, 1 to put them at 99, and the final to give the fire/ice arrows?) I know there were two for the others, and that would make 9 total, not 8... or am I wrong?

huh?
07-11-03, 07:40 AM
there is some random island in the middle of the ocean that has a cabana type hut on it, and when you knock on the door, the voice tells you to get away. What is in the hut?

CTGuyInTX
07-11-03, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by huh?
there is some random island in the middle of the ocean that has a cabana type hut on it, and when you knock on the door, the voice tells you to get away. What is in the hut?

I think the fish in that area gives a pretty good hint as to what's in there: a triforce map is somewhere in the cabana

Eventually, you need to get into the cabana. But it'll only open up for the owner of the place. You'll need to gain ownership of the place to get in.

C-Mart
07-11-03, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by BartleyR7

1) Take a picture of a full moon. Zoom-in enough to make the moon fill most of the frame.

I have taken many pictures of the full moon... pain in the butt because I have to keep using the song to change night to day and vice/versa to get back to a full moon, and he won't take it... he keeps saying "what is pale about that? I said something perfectly round and pale" I had assumed it was the moon before I got the Picto Box, but now I don't know what to think. (He does say something about the focus not being quite right if I take a picture of the sun to him... the moon is paler than the sun, but oh well, I'll keep trying.)

CTGuyInTX
07-11-03, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by C-Mart
I have taken many pictures of the full moon... pain in the butt because I have to keep using the song to change night to day and vice/versa to get back to a full moon, and he won't take it... he keeps saying "what is pale about that? I said something perfectly round and pale" I had assumed it was the moon before I got the Picto Box, but now I don't know what to think. (He does say something about the focus not being quite right if I take a picture of the sun to him... the moon is paler than the sun, but oh well, I'll keep trying.)

You have to upgrade to a deluxe picto box and take a color picture for him to accept it.

C-Mart
07-12-03, 01:57 AM
Ah, that makes sense. I just got the deluxe picto, so I'll head back and take care of it. Thanks!

Goldberg74
07-12-03, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by C-Mart
Aren't there 3 for arrows (1 to put them at 60, 1 to put them at 99, and the final to give the fire/ice arrows?) I know there were two for the others, and that would make 9 total, not 8... or am I wrong?
My bad, the second 'magic upgrade' is received when killing one of the ocean Octoroc (squid) thingies. I forget where though.

C-Mart
07-20-03, 04:03 PM
Yes! I finished it last night. I think I got most everything, but in case I didn't I copied my game over to a new slot... but I think I'll give it a while before I play again.

I thought that the ending was ok, but

I would have preferred fighting Gannondorf by myself rather than having Zelda help out. She actually hit me a couple of times with the damn light arrows. (before telling me she was going to aim at me).