Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

External reset button for PS2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-03, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
External reset button for PS2?

I thought I saw somewhere online selling this, but now I can't find it. It was a thing that plugged into the PlayStation 2 USB port and allowed you to reset the system (and turn it on and off) without actually touching the system. This would be cool for the store I work at. Anyone know who sells this device or something else that would do this?
Old 03-25-03, 03:43 AM

Press and hold down the Reset button. The system will shut off. Press it again to turn it back on. Simple.
Old 03-25-03, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: External reset button for PS2?

Originally posted by marioxb
It was a thing that plugged into the PlayStation 2 USB port and allowed you to reset the system (and turn it on and off) without actually touching the system.
I believe that's called the Telekenesis Adapter.
Old 03-25-03, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why xbox and ps2 don't have a reset button, I don't know. I think it's a crucial part of a console system.
Old 03-25-03, 10:16 AM

Look, the system will be on display inside of a thing where it can't be touched. I just wanted to have a reset button on the outside of the display like they have on some store displays.
Old 03-25-03, 12:24 PM

These are the "next generation" systems and for some odd idiotic reason, Nintendo, Sony AND Microsoft decide not to include a Power switch and reset button on their controllers or remotes. Its the year 2003 for god sakes, when its 2am and its time for sleep, I shouldnt have to get up to turn off my ps2, or xbox and marioxb should be able to have his ps2 inside a display thing without his ability to reset.
Old 03-25-03, 03:39 PM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

playstation 2 and gamecube both have reset buttons.
Old 03-25-03, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
hold down reset, start and all four shoulder buttons and in most games that will reset the console.
Old 03-25-03, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think what marioxb is asking for, is a way to trun off the console from a distance without interacting with the machine itself. I don't know of any way to do this. Either you can hold down the reset button to turn off the PS2 (standby mode) or you can reach around and turn off the main power switch in the back. I don't think anyone does the latter, or at least I don't.

I know a peripheral maker did market a device to "move" the main power switch from the back of the PS2 to the front by having a switch on the front artificially push the switch on theback. But it was pretty much useless in my opinion.

Why can't you just open the display case and put the PS2 in standby mode? Or just make a simple lever that you can use to push the reset button from outside of the display case (like the official PS2 demo stands have).
Old 03-25-03, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen those switches on display machines in stores, but couldn't tell you where to find one.