Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

House of 1000 Corpses -- Rob Zombie

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-02, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zombie's movie was shown at Harry's festival in Texas. Sounds like the group that thought the movie was passed over by the studios because it sucked have some more ammo...doesn't seem to have hit it off with the film geeks.

I'll still see it, but my hopes are dwindling.
Old 12-19-02, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'm shocked.
Old 12-19-02, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This isn't a surprise. It has been chopped so many times by studios that the current product probably doesn't even resemble the original movie.
Old 12-19-02, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Blaster1
This isn't a surprise. It has been chopped so many times by studios that the current product probably doesn't even resemble the original movie.
I was wondering if you have a source for that just because in the newest Fango, there was an interview with Mr. Zombie. And from the interview, Mr. Zombie was very happy that universal dropped it rather than cutting it up. Then MGM gave him money for editing. And of course they dropped him. Unless Lions Gate has butchered it, which again from the article it sounded like the president(of LG) was happy with the film the way it was. So i was just wondering where you heard that its been butchered. I'm not saying i doubt you or anything, i'm just wondering.

Last edited by paradicelost; 12-19-02 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-19-02, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Blaster1
Yeah, cause you know after one studio chopped it and then drops it, the only left source of it is now the chopped version right?

MGM dropped it and Zombie is going to release it with fewer chops, so you can't blame studio's dropping it for the reason it might suck. Just blame the fact that it may not be as great as a movie as it once was. Also, it was filmed how long ago? This might be a factor simply because the horror could actually be dated by now.
Old 12-20-02, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Look, maybe the studio's kept dropping it because it really really sucks! If they had a huge winner on their hands, they would have released it.
Old 12-20-02, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Again i guess you can only take what Rob Zombie said at face value, since if universal and mgm dropped it since it sucked, i don't think Zombie would admit to that. From the article, it sounded like MGM either never saw it or they liked it enough to give him money to finish editing it. Then they dropped him because he made a joke about them not having morals. Again this is just according to the Fango article. And even if they did drop him if they thought it sucked, thats almost a good thing now a days, just look at some of the horror films Universal and MGM has released lately.
Plus, a lot of people hated Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the Evil Dead when those films came out, so there is always hope.
If you can't tell i really want to like this movie, so i'm making as many excuses as i can.
Old 01-19-03, 11:52 PM

What happened to Rob zombies movie house of 1000 corpuses

I thought this movie was suppost to come out 2-3 years ago. I know universal let the movie go so did others. Will this movie eveer come out onto video.
Old 01-20-03, 01:21 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Its been picked up by Lions Gate which will release it to theatres 3/28. Probably will be a limited release.
Old 01-20-03, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
It was suppose to come out in 2000 I believe. It's been dropped from Universal, picked up by MGM, dropped by them after a comment zombie made and then picked up by lions gate set for October release last year, bumped to March release and will not be edited for content though critics have had their Negative say about the film. Who knows if it's good or not. For that matter, who knows if it's already dated as some horror films can easily become outdated and pretty much laughable after some time.
Old 01-20-03, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I heard Lion's Gate hired David E. Kelley to "freshen up the script" and it's been retitled "House of 1000 Writ of Habeas Corpuses"
Old 01-20-03, 09:09 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by The Bus
I heard Lion's Gate hired David E. Kelley to "freshen up the script" and it's been retitled "House of 1000 Writ of Habeas Corpuses"
Not "House of 1000 Anorexic Female Lawyers"?
Old 01-20-03, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You guyses are meen.
Old 01-20-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
I have heard that the film's delay is not because of gore, but because it really is that damn bad.
Old 01-20-03, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Suprmallet
Not "House of 1000 Anorexic Female Lawyers"?
No, wait.

Yeah, that's it.
Old 01-20-03, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Ah, the thrilling new horror movie about a collection of legal documents -- I can't wait to check this out!
Old 01-20-03, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
It was suppose to come out in 2000 I believe. It's been dropped from Universal, picked up by MGM, dropped by them after a comment zombie made
What did he say?
Old 01-20-03, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

From what i remember, it was something stupid. Do a search and I'm sure you can find the thread. I suspect that the comment only gave universal an excuse to drop a project they had been looking to drop for awhile.
Old 01-20-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
To be fair, David E Kelly did write Lake Placid.
Old 01-20-03, 05:03 PM
Banned

lake placid rocks.

Corpses was shown at the AICN butnumbathon where it was panned pretty bad. That's the target audience, so it's sunk IMO.
Old 01-20-03, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Here's a new trailer I came across. Well, I don't know if it's new or not, but I hadn't seen it before today. Looks like a group of teenagers get lost in a creepy town and end up at a house where they apparently die off 1 by 1. hmmm...... well, I'll still check it out only because I've been waiting 3 f'in years for it to come out.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_...00corpses.html
Old 01-20-03, 10:49 PM

Basically Rob Zombie, who has a reputation for being a complete jackass in real life, said that when Universal dropped it and MGM picked it up it was because "Universal had morals and MGM didn't " or something like that that. MGM was so pleased with Rob Zombie's comments that they dropped it too a month later.

I heard the movie actually is really, really, really bad. I mean, I like a good over-the-top schlockfest, but this movie supposedly really, really, really sucks. Oh well.
Old 01-20-03, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Maybe they can splice scenes from this movie into House of the Dead...
Old 01-20-03, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe Bobby should stick to making heavy schlock rock music instead. I still love Hellbilly Deluxe

-Gunshy
Old 01-20-03, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
It was suppose to come out in 2000 I believe. It's been dropped from Universal, picked up by MGM, dropped by them after a comment zombie made and then picked up by lions gate set for October release last year, bumped to March release and will not be edited for content though critics have had their Negative say about the film. Who knows if it's good or not. For that matter, who knows if it's already dated as some horror films can easily become outdated and pretty much laughable after some time.
Hmmm, I remember hearing that it WILL be edited to an R rating for theaters, and will be released un-rated for DVD. Maybe I'm wrong?

Hopefully no one is basing this movie on what critics are saying. My guess is by the time they heard the title, most have already had they're minds made up on how much they're going to hate it.

Critics + Horror movies = A bad combination

All I know is that it better be the best damn horror movie in recent years and live up to the hype...just hope it doesn't turn out to be another Jason X.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.