Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Farscape -- "Bad Timing" 03.21.2003

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-21-03, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sci Fi Channel thanks the fans, the stars, the writers for four wonderful years..

[I'm paraphrasing through my burning hatred for this b*tch...she had to get one last smack in the face in, huh?]

Yeah..so now they can continue with their "original" programs and movie events..
Old 03-21-03, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I watched this about three weeks ago, I tried very very hard to put aside my anger and disgust and simply look upward and enjoy the wonders I was seeing. I just watched it again and this time freely allowed the anger and hatred to grow from within.

What can be said that hasn't already been said? While a bit uneven in a couple of parts, I loved the episode and think it serves perfectly as one final rallying cry to the fans. It stands as a reminder of why we've been fighting for so hard and so long.

As the episode finished, I took one thing away from it and will cling to it for as long as it takes:

To Be Continued ...

das
Old 03-21-03, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Yeah. I don't know why I watched it again tonite..

Perhaps a silent hope that there would be an announcement at the end saying there will be a fifth season after all.

Wrong.

Bonnie took the moment for a last F U to all the fans.

[As if those ridiculous Scare Tatics crawls, awe inducing Battlestar Galactica teaser & brain draining Tremors promos weren't enough..Sci-Fi ORIGINALS of course..]

I did find it amusing that Sci-Fi chose to insert one last commercial break when John/Aeryn were on the boat..it was kinda awkward.

I'm hope you have enough optimisim to spare..the only thing I took away from this viewing is a deeper hatred for Hammer..[Especially after that final "press release"]

And the beginning didn't get any easier tonite...

"And finally on Farscape.."
Old 03-21-03, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
What a tacky move on Sci-Fi's part to insert there "thanks" message. What, to that 1 fan who doesn't know that Sci-Fi screwed Farscape, to fool that 1 individual into thinking this was a choice on the part of the creators. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

The episode, however, was pure Farscape, thats the best way to describe it. It was an hour of action, suspence, real drama, and laugh out loud moments. I've always enjoyed the Harvey/John scenes, but this one takes the cake, it didn't follow the pattern of the other, in terms of relating to the theme/plot of the episode, but how could you not love....same reason why I love Anya on Buffy.

I have to admit, John's phone call had me chocking up a little bit, and D'Argo's reaction had me unnerved.

My only problem with the episode (and a minor one) is that I thought
Spoiler:
Aeryn's news was going to be something worse, it caught me offguard that they built it up to be something really bad, but it wasn't
. D'Argo and Rygel's play by play was great though.

I'd like to thank David Kemper and the Farscape team, it would have been easy to bow out and edit out the last two minutes, but they stuck to their guns and up Sci-Fi's ass, the show isn't over, its "To Be Continued" no matter what Hammerhead says.

Last edited by clemente; 03-21-03 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-21-03, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 345 Likes on 226 Posts
I haven't watched it yet, which is weird because usually I watch Farscape before my Tivo has even finished recording it. I think I just don't want it to be over and know I'll probably cry (so watching it when the kids are up would be a mistake--they have no idea what a huge fruitcake I can be).

tasha
Old 03-22-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

How can they cancel Farscape when the story is not finished yet?
Old 03-22-03, 01:26 PM
Banned

Wonderful show and a big loss to all fans.
What exactly was that thing in the ship at the end?

I am fairly new to Farscape.
Old 03-22-03, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by warpcorebreach
Wonderful show and a big loss to all fans.
What exactly was that thing in the ship at the end?

I am fairly new to Farscape.
As far as I can remember, I can't remember ever having seen that alien before. That alien seemed to be taking orders from someone else.......I wonder who that someone else was.
Old 03-22-03, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've watched it three times now on my tivo just because I wanted to go into an uncrontrollable rage.

The slap in the face by Sci-Fi is the kicker for me. Four wonderful years. It should have been five.

I can only hope the creators put the "to be continued" because they have plans for this show somewhere down the line. Syndication anyone? Calling UPN, or WB, or FX, or USA. At the very least I hope one day they can make a movie of some sort.
Old 03-22-03, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Nobody else has mentioned it, so I'm wondering -- did anyone else get the "Save Farscape" advertisement during the last commercial break.

I can't believe SF actually ran it. I mean, especially during the last episode, they really got the beatdown going -- "This is the last episode because SF has backed out of their contract, etc. etc (can't remember the specifics)". Paid for by Scapers from around the world. -- I'm guessing that the entire thing is on a website somewhere.

Very cool. Glad to see that one -- I never saw any of the other Save Farscape ads on TV.
Old 03-22-03, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I didn't get any..this, and to see what the Hammer would do, was one of the reasons I bothered to watch Sci-Fi [which has been deleted from my channel selection].

I had a lot of "local" advertising breaks, so it was probably during one of these..
Old 03-23-03, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Tuan Jim •<HR SIZE=1>Nobody else has mentioned it, so I'm wondering -- did anyone else get the "Save Farscape" advertisement during the last commercial break.

I can't believe SF actually ran it. I mean, especially during the last episode, they really got the beatdown going -- "This is the last episode because SF has backed out of their contract, etc. etc (can't remember the specifics)". Paid for by Scapers from around the world. -- I'm guessing that the entire thing is on a website somewhere.

Very cool. Glad to see that one -- I never saw any of the other Save Farscape ads on TV.
<HR SIZE=1>

Unless I'm mistaken, the "Save Farscape" ads only went out to Dish Network customers and some local cable networks. While it had national scope, it wasn't a "national" ad, and Sci-Fi really had no control of it. Oh, and they can bite me.

You can see the ad here: http://www.ohioscapers.com/snailmail.htm

The SaveFarscape.com site took a hit when the episode aired, so I'm not exactly sure which cities got the ad, but it was quite a few, and certainly all the major markets.

das
Old 03-23-03, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the commercial here in Detroit.

edited to add: it was on Comcast.
Old 03-23-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Probably shoulda mentioned it in the earlier message. I'm in Chapel Hill, NC and Time Warner Cable showed it. I'm guessing that goes for all the TWC branches around here, but who knows.
Old 03-23-03, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got the Save Farscape ad here in Chicago, on Comcast (formerly AT&T) cable.
Old 03-23-03, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ditto here for Seattle. Loved that.
Old 03-24-03, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Have DirecTV and don't recall seeing it. But, tend to FF through all commercials anyway.
Old 03-24-03, 03:32 PM

I got the Save Farscape commercial also and I was watching it on Dish Network.
Old 03-29-03, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I just hope this does not turn into another Twin Peaks. After ABC screwed with the scheduling and canceled it, I am left with a show that never ended and it drives me crazy whenever I think about it.
Old 04-03-03, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Well I was able to catch up on the entire series, and have just finished watching the 88th and final episode. It's weird watching 4 years of television in about 2 month's time. I wish I had had the foresight to watch from the beginning, or at least catch up before the finale aired, but I didn't. Still I am glad that I was able to see every episode, and I can't wait until I can purchase seasons 3 and 4 on DVD. I really wish that the creators could simply create and release season 5 straight to DVD, but I doubt something like that would ever happen.

All I can say is that this show was really incredible. It drew me in emotionally, and I loved practically every character on the show. The show was so gutwrenching that at times it was painful to watch, but that good kind of painful that lets you know you're watching something really special.

I guess I will simply join everyone here in telling Sci-Fi to go F themselves for what little good that will do, and to say that the commercial aired here as well, in NJ through Comcast.