DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Animatrix: Final Flight of the Osiris discussion

Max Fischer
03-21-03, 09:57 AM
So, anybody like it? I thought that it was a pretty damn impressive show of the capabilities that are out there for close to human-like characteristics and movements to be shown using CGI programming.

The story, however...I'm still up in the air about. I mean, it was pretty good, but it seemed to be lacking any part in the "larger order" of things. I hope that eventually I will see how it connects to the Matrix sequels, but until then it seemed a little too "on it's own" for what I was expecting of something that was hyped like this. Either way...that Animatrix dvd will still be mine in June. :)

atari2600
03-21-03, 01:25 PM
how long was it

Rypro 525
03-21-03, 01:45 PM
Question, why is this rated pg13 when the movie Dreamcatcher is rated R?

Jackskeleton
03-21-03, 02:15 PM
Because they didn't make it to only be seen on Dream Catcher. What is it now? If it doesn't have Digital CGI blood and gore then it has to be crappy? -rolleyes- atleast take comfort that the female in the fight scene slowly gets her cloths sliced off to a certain point. :p

I enjoyed it. though I saw it last week and not with dreamcatcher it was pretty cool. the use of the final fantasy CGI helped it stand out and I can't wait to see the rest of the shorts in the animatrix.

monkeyboy
03-21-03, 07:03 PM
I thought it was pretty impressive. Everything was very textured and was certainly a step or two above Final Fantasy.

atari2600
03-21-03, 07:33 PM
how long was it

matrixrok9
03-21-03, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by atari2600
how long was it

Since you keep on asking, I won't give u the answer...j/k it's about 7 minutes long. The first two animatrix were better. This one I didn't care for. The last scene looked real though. That was impressive!

Max Fischer
03-21-03, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
What is it now? If it doesn't have Digital CGI blood and gore then it has to be crappy? -rolleyes-

Hmm...although I didnt say that or even hint at anything along those lines, thanks for putting words in my mouth.

FHaggis
03-22-03, 12:22 AM
The movie was supposed to be approximately 9 minutes long... it's also a prelude to Matrix Reloaded. I saw the first installation of the Animatrix, I sort of thought the same in that the storyline was somewhat lacking, but it was an "intro" afterall and Final Flight of the Osiris is just another episode. Nevertheless, ditto for June! (-;

Seantn
03-22-03, 12:50 AM
Hmm...although I didnt say that or even hint at anything along those lines, thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Why on earth do you think that all baby children deserve to be murdered?

Jackskeleton
03-22-03, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Max Fischer

it was a comment targeted to the post directly above me

Question, why is this rated pg13 when the movie Dreamcatcher is rated R?

Some folks are really getting anal about film's ratings. they believe that unless it's rated R or above, then it's an indication that it might not be good or As good as it could be.. -rolleyes-

Shilex
03-22-03, 02:27 AM
Thought it was pretty good. Kinda weird in the beginning with the sword fight and the shedding of clothes, but I appreciated the eroticism of the dance. Haven't seen any of the other Animatrix's. The CG was very well done and these 9 minutes were a lot more entertaining than anything in Final Fantasy. Not much substance, but it made me want to see Matrix Reloaded even more.

Darren Garrison
03-22-03, 08:01 AM
I haven't seen the new Animatrix clip yet (and won't, until I can find it online/buy it on DVD) but the descriptions remind me of my opinion of Final Fantasy: as a movie, it was horrible, as a demo-reel for Maya, it was amazing. (The new Animatrix clip was also made in Maya). http://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/products/maya/ple/index.shtml

Dr. DVD
03-22-03, 06:50 PM
I thought it was a solid self-contained short, a heck of a lot better than the feature that followed.

I think we will see that envelope that got dropped off at some point in Reloaded or Revolutions.

Geofferson
03-22-03, 07:22 PM
I thought it was pretty cool. A handful of people got up and left the theater assuming they were in the wrong one when it first came on. :lol:

Then again, if it wasn't for reading here, I wouldn't have heard about it either.

Sessa17
03-22-03, 08:34 PM
Thought it was just awesome. The close ups & the characters skin is just incredible. I'm a little worried that Reloaded will be so special effects heavy, that it won't look any more real than the short did. Although I guess that's not a bad thing for everyone.

When I was watching it I though at the end when she drops the letter off, that the old lady there was going to be an agent, & after the chick died as the camea panned upward, the old lady would reach in, pull the letter out, & start walking away as she morphed into an agent. That would have been a much better ending but it was still good.

Gunshy
03-22-03, 10:25 PM
I was looking for the site so I could view the 3rd Animatrix and I found this:

http://www.animatrix.com/

Wonder if this will ever bode a lawsuit?

-Gunshy

harosa
03-22-03, 11:55 PM
The CG was very impressive but bodes the question, it looks so realistic for certain things (hair,skin, even ashy knuckles)why bother animating it? For fantasy and futuristic stuff, yeah, but a plain swordfight can be done cheaper and better in real life i believe.

Gunshy
03-23-03, 12:28 AM
In case anyone needs it, here is the direct link to the q-time 640x298 version:

Osiris (http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/wb/gl/wbonline/progressive/thematrix/us/med/Animatrix_Trailer_640_dl.mov)

-Gunshy

Jackskeleton
03-23-03, 06:19 AM
Good ol' aol stream line. :p

but I must mark you down for posting an old trailer instead of a downloadable link to the Final Flight of Osris as your link suggest it is..

BOOOOO!!!

Mopower
03-23-03, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Good ol' aol stream line. :p

but I must mark you down for posting an old trailer instead of a downloadable link to the Final Flight of Osris as your link suggest it is..

BOOOOO!!!

Go here if you want to download the damn thing. ;)

http://www.intothematrix.com/

I'm not done downloading it (140 mb!) so if it isn't it don't yell at me about it.

Mopower
03-23-03, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Mopower
Go here if you want to download the damn thing. ;)

http://www.intothematrix.com/

I'm not done downloading it (140 mb!) so if it isn't it don't yell at me about it.

Ok, just got done downloading it and it is not the Flight of the Osiris. I'm not sure what it is but it seems to show how the machines took control. Pretty cool though.

Jackskeleton
03-23-03, 03:14 PM
that would be the first one released. come on Mopower, you just confussing us now. :p remember, two have been released for download off the official site, Final Flight is only included with dreamcatcher...

But their has been leaks before. ;)

harosa
03-23-03, 05:01 PM
Available also on the official site is a great 4 minute trailer for the rest of the episodes with titles of each one and a glimpse of the content.