TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel 3-19-03

Old 03-18-03, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Angel 3-19-03

There is a new one tomorrow right? It's the one that wraps up the Faith arc I think. Just want to know if it's airing tomorrow.
Old 03-18-03, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, it's tomorrow
Spoiler:
and also has Willow from Buffy on it.

Last edited by bigjim25; 03-18-03 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-18-03, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bigjim25
Yes, it's tomorrow and also has Willow from Buffy on it.
Err.. I tried to avoid saying that as it could be construed as a spoiler by some.
Old 03-18-03, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nah...like das said last week..it's stated in the FAQ that
A note on "XYZ-Show Date" threads. It's common practice in this forum that thread titles that consist of the show title and it's air date WILL contain spoilers, regardless of a warning in the thread title. Enter at your own risk!
[Though, you DID forget to put the title of the ep..]
Old 03-18-03, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't know the title. If someone with the authority would like to edit feel free!
Old 03-18-03, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just watched it... It was a decent episode, but not spectacular.

Spoiler:
I loved watching Faith kick Connor's Ass at the end... I hate Connor with a passion...I wish someone would kill that character dead... also, I can not stand evil demon cordelia imposter (or so I hope)...The scenes with these two are cringe inducing and just plain boring. I loved the Willow/Fred bits, very funny and Thankfully there wasn't much Gunn in this episode (he has a great line towards the end though.) OVerall, it was fun to see Angel's past a bit, and have Faith to keep things moving, but this Evil Preggers Cordy Arc better have a slam bang conclusion, because right now, I'm not enjoying it much! Overall, entertaining but not terrific

MATT
Old 03-18-03, 09:05 PM

Much better episode than last weeks snooze fest (I liked it but I found it painfully slow...last week that is). Below text more or less spoils the plot of the entire episode so read at your own risk...

Spoiler:
Willow does indeed reinstore Angel's soul after duking it out with evil Cordie.

As was theorized, Faith shot up with that drug so when Angelus bit her they both got knocked out. They then go on a "This is your life" tour through Angel's past which I really enjoyed. It explains that Angel wasn't always the rat eating sewer boy that was checking out Buffy in LA, but something that happens to him in the 70's changes him (which explains all the name dropping Angel did earlier in the season...like hanging with the Rat Pack). Their tour through his past ends in a fight between Angel and Angelus in the subconscious, with Angel all the while trying to keep Faith alive (the drug is killing her in the real world...he's trying to convince her to fight it).

Other tidbits....Connor's still a big idiot. Evil Cordie really bugs me, but I guess that's the whole point. Willow thinks Fred is hitting on her and they have a funny akward parting. Faith leaves with Willow for Sunnydale. Oh, and Cordie shows off her tummy at the end of the episode to the gang.
Old 03-19-03, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bump for tonight's episode.
Old 03-19-03, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't you just hate it when Eliza Dushku appears in your flashbacks? She is funny tonight.
Old 03-19-03, 08:57 PM

Gaaaahhhhhh!

How could war start with 8 minutes left in the episode? Can anyone please tell me in detail what happens from the point where Angel and Angelus are fighting? Starting from the last commercial break.

Thanks!
Old 03-19-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't watch but my wb network stayed on the air.
Old 03-19-03, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We at war now? They didn't interrupt my showing to announce it.

I will continue to watch until this season comes to an end to see what happens as I have become hooked on this show since October.
For some reasons, I am seeing a lot of LOTR:Two Towers parallels between Buffy and Angel.
The First=Sauron
Cordy= Saruman, she even has a floating crystal ball for Pete's sake, and the part with Willow tonight definitely reminded me of Gandalf and Saruman in Theoden's court.
Maybe we will get a union between the evils of L.A. and Sunnydale before it's all over? Oh well.

I hope that when Faith arrives in Sunnydale Buffy gives her some respect and doesn't try to immediately start kicking her leather arse. I do hope Faith kicks both Kennedy and Andrew's arses though.
The Angel vs. Angelus fight was very reminiscent of Superman III IMO. In fact, not much in this episode that hasn't been tried in some other myth before, but hey, who cares?
If the WB decides to can this show, they will be doing a great wrong.

Negatives:
-Connor and Cordy! Gads! Please do not let these two continue any further. For Charisma Carpenter's sake, she had better hope this show gets re-newed because she cannot act serious for anything.
Old 03-19-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope I'm able to watch it as my WB affiliate has started showing a CNN feed.
Old 03-19-03, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So, the big question of the night:

Is Fred bi or going for full-on lez?
Old 03-19-03, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
So, the big question of the night:

Is Fred bi or going for full-on lez?
Wouldn't it be something if Bush delayed speaking tonight to watch this episode? I am sure he is wondering the same thing!
Old 03-19-03, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by Danger1313
Can anyone please tell me in detail what happens from the point where Angel and Angelus are fighting? Starting from the last commercial break.
No? No takers?
Old 03-19-03, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I see Connor walking in slo-mo through the hall, ready to do his deed.....and then war coverage. I'm already anti-war, why drive me off the deep end to really super psycho anti-war?!
Old 03-19-03, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Danger, I posted something for you on the other place you posted your request for a synopsis.
Old 03-19-03, 09:43 PM

Hi,
yet another solid episode. Better than last week's but not as good as the week before. Still, it was good to see Willow without Buffy and her stuff with Fred was pretty funny. It was also great to see a real Faith smackdown of Conner and has Cordy been watching Mae West movies during her pregnancy? I mean that outfit. I keep waiting for Angel to blow it and wuss out but it hasn't happened yet. Looking forward to next week.
Old 03-19-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thank goodness Angel didn't sing "Mandy"!
Old 03-19-03, 10:09 PM

Danger, I posted something for you on the other place you posted your request for a synopsis.
You lost me. I didn't request a synopsis anywhere else.
Old 03-19-03, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Okay, here it is:

Umm...lessee, the last segment:

Spoiler:
Willow's super ball seeks out the jar, which is in Cordy's room. Cordy holds it at bay, but then Connor bangs on the door, distracting Cordy, and the super ball does its thing and then Angel's soul is on the comeback trail.

Meanwhile, in Faith's mind, she's in a back alley, and it's her curtain call, and Angelus is there is see her take a hike. Nearby, Angel is woofing down some rat blood, but then comes to help Faith fight her internal fight to stay alive, and bodies are thrown all over the back alley, finally Faith recovers and she awakens and runs out of the room. And then Angel's soul is shown to find both Angelus and Angel in the back alley, they merge together and Angel is back in control.

During which, Connor is told by Cordy that he needs to kill Angelus, so he tiptoes downstairs, knocks out Gunn and gets into the cell. Just has Connor is about to stake Angel, Faith stops him, and kicks the crap out of Connor until Angel grabs him and tells them that he, Angel, is back.

Later, Faith and Angel joke around a bit as she is saying her goodbye. Faith is rather bubbly in this scene. They come inside and Faith says goodbye to Gunn and Connor, and Gunn laments that he wasn't awake to see Faith kick Connor's ass. Faith has the normal awkward goodbye with Wes. Fred and Willow show up and Fred is just basically hitting on Willow, giving her some books, and just yapping away. Finally Willow tells Fred that she's seeing someone, and that shuts up Fred. Willow and Faith leave.

Angel starts to give his usual pep talk about what's happened, and Cordy walks down the stairs, and shows them that she's really really preggers. Flash to credits.
Old 03-19-03, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thank goodness Angel didn't sing "Mandy"!

I've always suspected that Barry Manilow was a vampire.
Old 03-19-03, 10:15 PM

Okay, here it is:
Thanks, Patman! But what the heck was your other comment about? Did I accidentally post something somewhere else?
Old 03-19-03, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Someone else from Chicago posted that they missed the last 8 minutes of the show over on the HTF. I thought that was your request.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.