TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Boomtown 3-16-03

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-03, 11:27 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Boomtown 3-16-03

I thought it was a good show. It would have been great if they wouldn't have given away who the rat was last week. I thought it was a nice touch when the screen flashes who's part of the story it it, they flashed "The Rat" at the very end.

Donnie Wahlberg is really impressing me as an actor. He did another great job tonight. The Fearless and Ray scenes were good to. I did think it was a little convienet to have Ray hiding behind the right car.
Old 03-16-03, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Very good episode. Ray has his redemption for the Vista Heights thing. As soon as the police captain came into the room and told them they were moving on that mob guy, I knew Gonorrhea was the rat. They did give it away last week, somewhat, with it, but the flashes back to last weeks episode was very cool. The one thing that I really liked also, was showing Joel w/ his wife and kid.
Old 03-17-03, 12:14 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
So, they've pretty much given up on the whole "different points of view" thing. Of late, the show's been more or less straight narrative.
Old 03-17-03, 12:29 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Deftones
As soon as the police captain came into the room and told them they were moving on that mob guy, I knew Gonorrhea was the rat.
Yeah, I was scratching my head when they brought Ramos in the room, but when the chief came in and told them they were moving on the boss it was obvious this was a set up and Gonorrhea was the rat.
Old 03-17-03, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I thought it was a good episode, to - I liked how they did "the Rat" p.o.v. at the end. Even though they hinted at Vince being the rat last week, I still think they put together a good episode. I like Joel's (D. Wahlberg) wife. I remembers her from PCU, and she still looks good, too...
Old 03-17-03, 01:06 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/dailyniels...ngs.html?30585

Looks like ABC's decision to move the Practice and put Dragnet in it's place has blown up in it's face. Now the Practice is getting smoked on Mondays and Boomtown, which never beat the Practice, has beaten Dragnet two weeks in a row and the gap is getting bigger between the two shows.
Old 03-18-03, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
http://tv.zap2it.com/news/dailyniels...ngs.html?30585

Looks like ABC's decision to move the Practice and put Dragnet in it's place has blown up in it's face. Now the Practice is getting smoked on Mondays and Boomtown, which never beat the Practice, has beaten Dragnet two weeks in a row and the gap is getting bigger between the two shows.

It's funny because I record Boomtown and Dragnet. I really like both of them, although Boomtown is definitely better. I hate The Practice now. There is nothing in the Monday 9 pm slot that I watch - Dragnet would have been an excellent fit there.
Old 03-18-03, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
So, they've pretty much given up on the whole "different points of view" thing. Of late, the show's been more or less straight narrative.

Yeah, unfortunately, it looks like the abandoned the non-linear timeline.

I totally forgot what the whole Vista Heights deal was all about.
Old 03-18-03, 08:33 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad Boomtown is getting some ratings and may be around awhile. While I preferred the non linear time thing, this show has such a good cast that they even make a strait narrative interesting.
Old 03-19-03, 09:00 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
This was a really good episode, and I agree donnie is showing some nice chops with the acting thing.

We knew he could do it from unbreakable.

They have assembled a crack cast, all of course from BOB, I am sure those guys have a very good rapport on the set.

I did find the whole sting part a bit suspect, I mean why in the hell would the 3 who had been interviewed be brought in to watch the one person being interviewed, that was far fetched.

This is in my top 3 shows on tv..
Old 03-19-03, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
We knew he could do it from unbreakable.

Wasn't he in Sixth Sense?
Old 03-19-03, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I did find the whole sting part a bit suspect, I mean why in the hell would the 3 who had been interviewed be brought in to watch the one person being interviewed, that was far fetched.

This is in my top 3 shows on tv..
I figued this was done to give the rat a reason to be in the room watching the interrogration. They basically brought everyone in who was originally a suspect to show "damn we're sorry we thought you were a dirty cop so here's the 'real' rat." I think just having the actual rat in the room would have been even further out in left field. It just gave the sting op a little more credence.
Old 03-19-03, 02:12 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by Chew

Wasn't he in Sixth Sense?
right that's what I meant
Old 03-19-03, 03:53 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great episode, however a little extreme at the end:
Spoiler:
I could've done without the spattering of brains all over Fearless.
I did like his reactions to it all though. Very real.

Again, the BoB cast doesn't let us down.

-BT